'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @johnnybradford
    It's not a set list as such, it's eventually going to be a big resource list for people to choose songs they want to play from.
    Any and all suggestions that will work live,to add to that list are more than welcome.
    It will be great to have you there man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    I'm up for the Bristol shindig. Alternatively, I'm sure I can find something in Cardiff if the Brizzle bunch aren't up for it :-\"
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    Ooh, Bristol could be a go-er for me too, not too far away
    Bristol.
    Let's see what happens with getting a venue.
    There are plenty of places around there to try and plenty of surrounding area's if not.
    If anyone knows of a good music venue / pub then please let me know.
    I remember a pub right at the top of white ladies hill, just before Clifton downs that used to host live music and it was a great pub. Sadly that was actually 20 years ago.
    feels like just last week !
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    the only problem i'd have with Leicester one would be transport home
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    speshul91 said:
    the only problem i'd have with Leicester one would be transport home
    Where's home?
    nottingham
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    speshul91 said:
    nottingham
    Can't help then, I'll driving up from near Coventry.

Someone else might be heading that way though, once we get names down for each date we should be looking into lift sharing anyway.
    That would be a great help even if it was just a lift back
  • There was a post a bit back where a forumite posted a bunch of cheat sheets for songs if they would help.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    @johnnybradford

Cheers.
    I will look at that and mix it up with the sheets i will be printing for everyone.

Quick update:
    I am looking into getting a website sorted for this band and this project which will include dates, details and over time, much more.
    I am also working on a way of putting together a PDF of all the songs with lyrics and chords for people to download, however i'm shooting up a massive learning curve with all this, i'm not the most tech savvy bloke in the world and i still have to find time to drive a lorry 5 days a week so bear with me.
    On the night i will have printed sheets for everyone to follow on stage but i am working on getting this info available well in advance of each date and as soon as i can find a solution for this, i will let everyone know.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    @Alnico You're a bloody hero, man! Let me know if you need any help.
    edited March 2015
    @vasselmeyer

Thanks man.

Actually i do need some help from those who may know about this.

What's the best way to go about a website ?

Is GO DADDY really any good or should i be approaching someone else ?

I want a home page, a dates and events page, a photo's page, i need a page of video's and / or a link to a you tube account for the band, i need a band email address................

In terms of websites i don't think it's going to be very complicated but it seems like it is to me.

Could those who know about this give me some advice please ?

I don't mind paying for this, as long as it's not a fortune.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    edited March 2015
    If you're not sure how to put a web site together I would suggest you use a Wordpress site. Seriously, it's all there for you. Go for something like knackeredjack.wordpress.com and after that it's all point and click. You can even buy a domain name and then have it point to the Wordpress site. A domain name will cost you less than a fiver per year.

And that's my 1000th post! Hope it was helpful...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Alnico I've done a PDF version of the song list above collated into a single document

I used Google docs to create it. If you need a hand with any technical stuff let me know and I will see if I can help

In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    If you're not sure how to put a web site together I would suggest you use a Wordpress site. Seriously, it's all there for you. Go for something like knackeredjack.wordpress.com and after that it's all point and click. You can even buy a domain name and then have it point to the Wordpress site. A domain name will cost you less than a fiver per year.

And that's my 1000th post! Hope it was helpful...
    That's exactly the kind of thing i meant yes.

I will look into that this weekend. Thank you and congratulations.
    @Alnico I've done a PDF version of the song list above collated into a single document

I used Google docs to create it. If you need a hand with any technical stuff let me know and I will see if I can help

@johhnybradford

You bloody star !

Thank you.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Alnico
    Can't believe how much you're taking on with this. Really hope this comes off, it's got some real potential I think
    monofin said:
    Alnico
    Can't believe how much you're taking on with this. Really hope this comes off, it's got some real potential I think
    Thanks man.

It's quite a big thing but to see and hear it come together will all be worth it.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27933
    @alnico

Wonder whether there's anyway that we can support what you want to do (website et al) within the forum, rather than you having to develop a separate site?  Keep it all within the fretboard family.  

Could have it as a thread that only you can update, maybe a separate sub-section?  We're looking at overhauling the site design, particularly the banner image at the top, possibly with some links to content within the site, and this would be a good candidate for inclusion in that.

Give some thought as to what you'd want, how you'd want it to work, what sort of content (etc, etc), and we'll see what can be done.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.