'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    speshul91 said:
    it turns out i'm allergic to coated strings but i enjoyed playing them until i couldn't any more, and your more than welcome to use it man
    Ah well, learning is fun !

Bring it along and watch how i look ridiculous playing a flying V (Seriously, if there was ever i guitar i don't suit it's that one).

Either way it will be a ton of fun.

Keep you posted as soon as i know anything man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    i thought that was the whole point haha, just spoken to she who must be obeyed and she's given me the ok just need dates confirming 
    I will work on each date in order and confirm everything as soon as i can.

Let you all know ASAP.

:)
  • I'd be into coming across the water even for the night out! Sounds like a great idea....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Now that's dedication
    @Aidenspaghetti

It would be great to have you at any of the shows.
    Let me know which one you want to come over for as and when the dates and venues are confirmed.
    Thanks for your support man.
  • No great panic, I work for an airline so can nip over handy enough... Will bring the beast malmsteen/vintage strat if anyone wants to choke it :)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bagsy "since you've been gone" if anyone's up for it!
  • How's about some ZZ? Nasty dogs? Highway star gots to be done! Would be a great opener (cent for whatever you want of course!)
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    I was thinking about a bit of ZZ Top. "Cheap Sunglasses" is a great song to jam.
    Great suggestions.
    I'm up for all of them.
    The set list is growing now. Keep them coming everyone.
    Gentlemen

Please make yourselves familiar with the EPIC song............

'Ballroom Blitz'

It is going to be played this summer and thou shalt groove to it !!!
    I kinda like that, might have to dig the 4 string out for that
  • @Alnico I'm up for the North London event.

I'm not an expert on the gig scene but if you need some boots on the ground to go exploring or speak with venues give me a shout.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • @Alnico OK, for the London event I'm going to commit to learning these ones so I've got enough material to do at least one song on the day:
    Cheap Sunglasses, Ballroom Blitz, You Shook Me All Night Long, Alright Now, I Want To Be Your Dog, Highway to Hell, Fortunate Son, Down At The Doctors, Milk and Alcohol, Sweet Child 'o Mine
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    @Alnico OK, for the London event I'm going to commit to learning these ones so I've got enough material to do at least one song on the day:
    Cheap Sunglasses, Ballroom Blitz, You Shook Me All Night Long, Alright Now, I Want To Be Your Dog, Highway to Hell, Fortunate Son, Down At The Doctors, Milk and Alcohol, Sweet Child 'o Mine
    You will have fun with all of them. I'm particularly looking forward to 'The Ballroom Blitz' !!!

Get as much as you can of each song under your belt and then when we get together in Bedford i will help you glue it all together, for want of better words.

Is anyone having fun yet ?

:)
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited April 2015
    Just seen this thread - far kin brilliant idea!

I'm available for the Leicester and Walsall events at time of writing (it's prom season, so I might have one on a Saturday; I don't usually, but I've had a couple in the past and I won't know till closer to the time).

@speshul91 - where in Nottingham do you live? It's the far side of Leicester to me, but as I live in Lutterworth, on J20 of the M1, getting back from Nottingham to mine is a piece of. Besides, the outlaws live there (Radcliffe on Trent) so it's a trip I'm well used to making and without making any firm promises, I could probably help you get home from the Leicester gig.

As for the Leicester venue, would you like me to look into The Soundhouse? They seem to be free on June 27, so I could look into what it would cost. They have a mixing desk and I think a PA too, so all we'd need for that would be a handful of amps for the backline and some mics. There are loads of rehearsal rooms about in Leicester, too, from the city centre outwards, including at least two with their own amps and PA stuff so again, all we'd need would be instruments and people.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    @theotherdennis I'm in radford mate, not too far from junction 26, I wouldn't want you having to go out your way
  • I wouldn't worry too much about that - so long as you didn't want to bring an amp, we should be fine. Distance isn't the object, it's awkwardness, if you know what I mean. If you lived in, say, Calverton or Hucknall, yeah, that might be an issue, but I've been further than Radford. :)

Like I say, I can't guarantee anything at the moment, but in principle it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd offer to put you up at our place, but the public transport from Lutterworth literally does not exist on a Sunday at all and I'd have to give you a lift home anyway, so the Saturday night might wind up being more convenient for both of us anyway! :D
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    I think I'll only be bringing one bass and one guitar I'll have to borrow an amp as I've only got little combos and I'd be happy to throw you some fuel/beer tokens