'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Doing my best to persuade the OH to let me go to this one, so I should be there.

And a nice big room has been booked at Quad in Leicester for June 27th from 1-6pm. It's only pencilled in at the moment because I wanted to make sure I'd got times sorted that anyone who wants to come can make. If everyone's happy with that, I'll go ahead and firm it up, otherwise, let me know and I'll adjust accordingly. Total cost for the five hours is £80 between everyone who comes. No need to bring kit, they have a pretty good set of gear already set up for all instruments.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    That's great Dennis, thank you.

I will cover the first half of that cost (£40). I don't want cost to put people off so that will leave £40 between us all which will be roughly a fiver or less if more people attend.

I'm looking forward to all the Jam Sessions but the Leicester venue sounds really interesting and i am really looking forward to hearing how that place sounds - the acoustics of an old warehouse should be a very unique sound !
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Grrrr, I've now got a gig on the evening of the 27th June so it's going to be really tricky to make that in the afternoon as well  :(

Grrrr, I've now got a gig on the evening of the 27th June so it's going to be really tricky to make that in the afternoon as well  :(

You could always turn up without gear and use mine ? Even if you have to go early, depending on where you leave your own gear and what time your evening gig is ?
    If you want to come along 'EnRoute' to the evening gig, let us know and we can lug your gear inside while you're there so as to not leave it at risk in the car.

Apparently these rooms at Leicester are massive so there should be easily enough room for a pile of kit to stay safe.

Be great to have you there if you can make it just for a couple of hours.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Also gigging on 27th (first gig with new band!) in Oldham so won't be able to make the Leicester one. Bummer.
    Alnico said:

You could always turn up without gear and use mine ? Even if you have to go early, depending on where you leave your own gear and what time your evening gig is ?
    If you want to come along 'EnRoute' to the evening gig, let us know and we can lug your gear inside while you're there so as to not leave it at risk in the car.

Apparently these rooms at Leicester are massive so there should be easily enough room for a pile of kit to stay safe.

It's a "looking after the kids in the day and then being out in the evening " issue rather than a gear thing. My wife works on Saturday's so I'm at home with the kids. Our parents are usually available to babysit, but one set will be away then, and there's health issues going on with the other set so it's bit tricky to do anything in the day on Saturdays.

I'm working on it for the Walsall one as well, but I still need to confirm for that.
    Ok man, just let us know when you know. You're more than welcome whenever you can make it.
  • oldfoxyoldfoxy Frets: 39
    Currently OK to make it and if situation changes I'll let you know. Being local do you want help with set-up[ etc and shall I bring amp along? As I said earlier not confident about playing but we'll see how it goes, best brush up on a couple of tracks just in case..............
    @oldfoxy
    If you want to help set up and bring an amp that would be great. The more the merrier and you can never have too many amps.........
    Unless there's too many amps that is but still best to have too many than not enough !
    :)
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Alnico said:

Appreciate that @not_the_dj can't make it for other reasons, but if anyone's concerned about parking for Quad, they have their own, cctv-watched car parking that's off street and away from prying eyes.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    Hold the front page!.....my gig on the 27th June has fallen through....so there is a chance I can make it to the Leicester one (still providing I can sort out childcare of course which could still be an issue).

For the Walsall one I can't get there in the day :( but I could turn up for the last couple of hours.
    That's great.
    Looking forward to seeing you man.
    If anyone needs a lift or has any questions about Saturday, PM and I will try to help.
    Hopefully we will have a good turnout and a good night in the pub afterwards.
    Get yer dancing shoes out !
    :)
    I'm still hopeful I can get along tomorrow, but it won't be till after 7. If that's the case shall I just turn up with a guitar and not bother bringing an amp?

(I should know tonight if I can make it)
  • Will be arriving around 3 ish.

Hoping for a good turnout.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    Looking forward to it. Me and Ian are currently driving around to borrow a snare stand. Will be there soon.
    See you there.
    I'll be there later this evening.
  • Have fun guys... Wish I could make it but exams and women and children come first (horrible VH pun). I'll definitely jump across the puddle for one this year.. Might try drag me all pal Rocktrout too! Have a pint for me at it!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    Top night guys. Wish I could have got there earlier, but still I had a great time.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27930
    Not quite sure where the last few months have gone, but seems like lots of arranging has been done since I last checked this thread.

Hope everyone there had a fun afternoon - what was played??

I'm looking at the Leicester date - 27th June - and thinking that I should make an effort to get there.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.