'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• howdo, 

is there a separate thread for the Walsall bash or do I have to hunt through this thread for the details.

Do we have a list of attendees/bodycount?

cheers
    Jon
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @jonnybradford
    Sorry I haven't posted details yet, I've been so ill this week it's not even funny and I've had to go to work all week too so very little time to think.
    Walsall is on for the 30th. Let me park this truck up tonight and by tomorrow I will have all the details here for you.
    Sorry to everyone for my apparent lack of attention, I have been more ill in the last couple of weeks than anyone could imagine.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ^^Bloody manflu........ ;)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

edited May 2015
    Man flu, manthrax and ebola is what it felt like.
    Right, while knobheads r us transport have got me parked up endlessly waiting for the afternoon to unload, I've got some time to update this.

So we are meeting on Saturday 30th May at :

The Wheatsheaf Pub
    4 Birmingham Road
    Walsall
    West Midlands
    WS1 2NA

As has been mentioned, we will have to stop around 9pm so meeting up between 2 and 3pm to give us enough time to set up and play without rushing.
    There is live music on that evening downstairs and by all accounts the pub is very good so after we have had our jam session there is still a great night ahead of us.
    @Iansavage has mentioned that there is some limited crashing space at his house and I believe we will be able to leave the equipment to pick up the following day for those who are staying in Walsall that night.

If anyone has any questions about the actual event or songs they would like to play etc, PM me and I will do my best to help.

Right then, so who's coming ?
    @Monofin
    @DigtalScream (Lift available both ways in my car)

Alnico said:
    So we are meeting on Saturday 30th May at :

The Wheatsheaf Pub
    4 Birmingham Road
    Walsall
    West Midlands
    WS1 2NA

As has been mentioned, we will have to stop around 9pm so meeting up between 2 and 3pm to give us enough time to set up and play without rushing.
    There is live music on that evening downstairs and by all accounts the pub is very good so after we have had our jam session there is still a great night ahead of us.
    @Iansavage has mentioned that there is some limited crashing space at his house and I believe we will be able to leave the equipment to pick up the following day for those who are staying in Walsall that night.

If anyone has any questions about the actual event or songs they would like to play etc, PM me and I will do my best to help.

Right then, so who's coming ?

PM me for mobile number if you want to talk about anything to do with this. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Not this time unfortunately. Keep me in mind for the next though.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

lloyd said:
    Not this time unfortunately. Keep me in mind for the next though.
    Next is in Leicester on june 27th in a converted warehouse / rehearsal studio with a huge room.
    It's going to be a great experience !
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Just need to check my parents are ok to look after my kids for the afternoon so I can make it, pretty sure it'll be ok. I'll be driving there and back not stopping over, so if anyone's between me in Kenilworth and the venue let me know and I can give you a lift (but I'll most likely head after once the jam finishes).
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Boy I'd love to come along alas family commitments say otherwise.
    Have a great night and I'm sure I'll be along to one of these sessions even if it means a night in a hotel
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I shall see what I can do as I'm out on the Sunday but this sounds great!
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Anyone from Manchester wants a lift, PM me.
    All of the Audio and Video that people can capture at these events will, with your permission, be collated and edited into a CD and or DVD at the end of the year. This will be used for Promo stuff next year and to give everyone who was involved something to keep and upstage the relatives at future christmas dinners !

Any and all support in capturing audio and video at these Jam's is Very gratefully received and appreciated.
  • Im out unfortunately ;(
    Ill definitely spin over this year and make one though..
    Sorry  guys  ....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    I'm out too. Gigs on both the Walsall and Leicester dates
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • jonnybradfordjonnybradford Frets: 34
    edited May 2015
    I'm in.

I will aim to bring my digital recorder along to record the session.

Should be able to make Leicester as well.

In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Tis a no go for moi, work and child care  :(   Although please note I would slay to join in one of these! Thank you for thinking to put me on said list tho @Alnico.   :)

Song choice is the key. Was at rehearsal this eve, literally 5 mins allocated to each new track last night (I'm bone idle), in tonight, bosch, done. (Bad Case Of Loving You, Stay With Me (Faces), and Hollywood Nights).

As an aside, I'm in Birmingham the morra, Mrs is getting her tits done at Dolan Park on Weds, in Broms-somewhere or other.. A nice wee 4 hr drive after work in rush hour traffic..... I'll have to find mesell summat to do Weds night.   ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    Thanks everyone.

The more people we can get to these events, the better they will be.

Thanks for your support.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    As I said before, the most I can hope for is to put in an appearance at a Cambridge event (and you'll need to get in quickly, my gig diary between now and 2016 is already more than half full.) It's fantastic that you've got this off the ground, I hope it's a storming success.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    We're playing an engagement party on the Sunday. It's our first gig of the year after my ilness so we're rehearsing Wed & Thu that week to get back up to speed. Mrs Mudslide won't stand for a WS1 day out too I don't think. Apologies - it won't get any more local for me either. :(
    "A city star won’t shine too far"