'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• Well as I'll be driving it's more likely to be fuel tokens ;)

As the suits like to say 'Let's pencil that in for now.'
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @TheOtherDennis

If you could provide some boots on the ground enquiry into getting the right venue and whether they are free on that date that would be a MASSIVE help to me.

Please use or pass on the mobile number i sent you if you need to use it or give it to a venue to speak to me directly and thank you for any help you can be.

I know the layout of Leicester well, i live there in the early 90's but i'm not familiar with venues in these modern times so this would be huge in terms of practical help.

Thank you.
  • @Alnico

On it.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • oldfoxyoldfoxy Frets: 39
    Okay so don't generally browse the live the live section but found this thread via the sad bedroom guitarist looking for jam night one and oh boy do I fit that description (well sad bedroom player anyway). Haven't played live for 30 years, stopped playing for about 20 with career and family and now fingers definitely don't do now what they used to.......  Am definitely not ready to play live on 30th May in Walsall, may never be, but as am local (New Invention) will turn up to support and help setup if required. Let me know if I can do anything. Had my 30th birthday party at the Wheatsheaf, Christ how those years have fled by
    @oldfoxy

Hey man

Thanks for reading this far !

There is talk among me and a couple of co-conspirators that these jam sessions should be held in a more closed doors environment such as a large studio.

I have noticed a large amount of people who would not be comfortable just jumping up on stage and playing in a pub but who would love to get together and jam with other musicians in more confidence inspiring surroundings. 
    Also i have not found a lot of success trying to get bookings for venues like pubs to hold a jam sessions on Saturday nights.

I will confirm all of this when i have had the chance to talk with @IanSavage on the telephone this weekend but this whole thing could and probably will turn into a more 'Closed Doors' event whereby more of us will feel more confident and comfortable to attend and play live in front of an audience made up almost entirely of forum members and wives / girlfriends, in a studio where there are no noise limits and no drunken crowds to contend with.

There should be an update here by Sunday.
  • oldfoxyoldfoxy Frets: 39
    OK, that's a pity, was looking forward to it, but closed doors or not I don't think I'm ready to play live just yet.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I'll jump on stage. But I'm in Edinburgh.
    :(
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    The Walsall one (if it goes ahead, haven't had chance to pop 'round and set the date in stone with the gaffer of the pub yet) would be in the pub's upstairs room, so limited public access. MUST go to the pub tonight (the hardship!!!)
    @IanSavage
    That sounds great.
    Let me get this week's work finished and I will call you on Saturday when I'm being human again.
    Hopefully this weekend should see a solid plan nailed down and next week I can go ahead and book all the studios and venues we need.
    edited April 2015
    Right, for the 30th May in Walsall this is how it's looking - they've got a band on in the pub of the evening, but the gaffer's happy to have us there upstairs pretty much through the afternoon until they come on.

Sooooo, what I'm proposing is a 4pm onwards meet-up, talk-bollocks, drink-beer, jam-tunes until 9pm, then we can drift downstairs, have a look at the band down there, and I've got crash space for maybe up to ten folks at mine if the last four or five to bagsie spaces can bring their own bedding etc. 

If people wanted a rehearsal room beforehand to have a bit of a play there's one right 'round the corner, but hopefully there won't be a need (even for the most inexperienced of us) as the room we'd be using isn't open to the public unless we want it to be.

Let me know - he's pencilled us in for that afternoon at no cost as long as we buy a few beers and such...
    Brilliant.

Well done man. I will call you on Saturday.

Bagsy sleeping space !
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    what's the name/location of the place in walsall @IanSavage ?
    It's The Wheatsheaf @not_the_dj - the one near-ish to the town centre on Birmingham Road NOT the one out in Great Wyrley ;)
  • That the one we had the Beaglefests in? And if so, is it still the same landlady?
  • jonnybradfordjonnybradford Frets: 34
    edited April 2015
    I'll jump on stage. But I'm in Edinburgh.
    :(
    Simple answer to that @thomasross20. Find us a place to come and play :)
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Right. It looks like i'm good for Walsall, and almost certainly Leicester.

Leicester is a bit tricky as we are on holiday the week before, but as Leicester is between holiday and home, I should be able to come along. I might not have much gear with me though. 

Cheers
    Jon
  • That the one we had the Beaglefests in? And if so, is it still the same landlady?
    I think it is the same pub,  Dennis. As far as I am aware, the barmaid from the Lofi incident has left and I'm not sure about the landlady.

Do they do food @IanSavage ? It strikes me that if we are there all afternoon it could get a bit messy.
    Sorry folks, neglected this - yes, same pub, no, new landlord! Musician himself so very amenable to what we're doing, and yes @jonnybradford, they do food! 'til about eight, I think...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I think it is the same pub,  Dennis. As far as I am aware, the barmaid from the Lofi incident has had a lot of counselling, and is now recovered.
    Oh good.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited April 2015
    Right. It looks like i'm good for Walsall, and almost certainly Leicester.

Leicester is a bit tricky as we are on holiday the week before, but as Leicester is between holiday and home, I should be able to come along. I might not have much gear with me though. 

Cheers
    Jon
    So long as I get off my bee hind and book the venue for Leicester, you won't need anything but yourself and your bass - it's at Quad rehearsal studios who have some ace gear.
    That the one we had the Beaglefests in? And if so, is it still the same landlady?
    I think it is the same pub,  Dennis. As far as I am aware, the barmaid from the Lofi incident has left and I'm not sure about the landlady.

Do they do food @IanSavage ? It strikes me that if we are there all afternoon it could get a bit messy.

I was about to say "Phew!" but then I saw...
    IanSavage said:
    Sorry folks, neglected this - yes, same pub, no, new landlord! Musician himself so very amenable to what we're doing, and yes @jonnybradford, they do food! 'til about eight, I think...