What countries do you just not give a toss about?

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
I don't mean the people, I just mean the country... visiting, their culture, their quirks.. etc...

I don't give half a fuck about Switzerland, Norway, Finland, or Sweden. Just don't care. People go on about the sights and the sounds and blah blah blah. Don't care. Boring and cold. Piss orrrrf.

So what countries are you an ignorant fuckwit about? Those are mine!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Honestly, any. I'm not much of a traveler, it's nice to sit on a beach in the sun but really couldn't care where it was. My wife is off to Egypt next month with a friend because I had no interest in going.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    I have no interest in going anywhere in the middle east until certain folks stop cutting off the heads of other folks and posting it to the internet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22576
    edited March 2015
    In terms of places I don't care about visiting:

France. Just about everyone I know who has visited Paris has described it as an overpriced dirty place. I'd visit some of the old war sites, Dunkirk obviously, but no interest in the big cities really. So let's call it ambivalent. 

Australia. It's a fucking long way to travel, all that time in a plane would bore me rigid, I don't care about going to the beach, and it's got a lot of poisonous and generally disagreeable creatures there (and that's just the Sheilas. Arf.).

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Scotland
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    In terms of places I don't care about visiting:

France. Just about everyone I know who has visited Paris has described it as an overpriced dirty place. I'd visit some of the old war sites, Dunkirk obviously, but no interest in the big cities really. So let's call it ambivalent. 
    Having been to France many times (20+) touring on the bike I can honestly say even the French don't like Parisians, they are a different type of person entirely. I have been to Paris just the once and I agree with them, the rest of France is great, nice people, good food and fantastic wine, what's not to like?  :D
  • Australia. They can fuck right off. No real reason.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yeah agreed about Aus, although I will say that every single Aussie I've met has been a fucking brilliant person. No exceptions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • My experience is almost the polar opposite but I guess that says more about the 2 of us than Aussies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    i think given a free trip there's something in every country I'd be intrigued about, I don't think I'd ever pay to go to New Zealand though-not much of an outdoors person or up for throwing myself off bridges/out of planes. I understand the Nordic ambivalence-it's cold and booze costs a £100 a pint so don't see myself going any time soon. I'd like to see the northern lights though, and perhaps to give Santa a slap for never bringing me that me frosty when I was 9....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22576
    Spider said:
    Having been to France many times (20+) touring on the bike I can honestly say even the French don't like Parisians, they are a different type of person entirely. I have been to Paris just the once and I agree with them, the rest of France is great, nice people, good food and fantastic wine, what's not to like?  :D
    I have my European route mapped out for the day when I scoot off on a 125cc. Germany, Alps, hit Monaco, French riviera, down to Spain. Avoid Paris at all costs. 

So I'll go to anywhere but Paris. 

• SpiderSpider Frets: 130
    Spider said:
    I have my European route mapped out for the day when I scoot off on a 125cc. Germany, Alps, hit Monaco, French riviera, down to Spain. Avoid Paris at all costs. 

So I'll go to anywhere but Paris. 
    That, is one hell of a day on a 125, it took me 2 days to get to Monaco on a VTR1000 !  ^:)^
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I have no real desire to go anywhere else, but there are places I perhaps would like to visit if I could teleport there: Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark, Germany ... in no particular order.

There are others I wouldn't go to even if offered a free teleport and free board & lodging while out there plus time travel so that I could leave on Saturday morning, spend as long as I like, and get back for midday opening time: The middle east incl Turkey, Africa, South America, the far east.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited March 2015
    Spain. Not because of the Spanish, but because every fucker goes there, it's a dust bowl full of packed beaches, white sea front hotels, timeshare touts and also 50% of the place is full of bigoted Brits abroad, opening their pubs and chip shops whilst moaning about immigrants back home...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    America, I've been there a few times - too many times in my view, and just think it is one big trailer park full of red necks, I'm currently trying to do the sights in the U.K. the girlfriend has promised to show me around Ireland when we can both get time off of work and nip over there for a week or two, I usually try and visit a different town or tourist/historical sight every few weeks just to be nosey and see what it's about, though I haven't made it much further south than Newcastle yet, I will get to Stonehenge and Wales one day, I kind of figured it would be a waste to come all the way out here and not at least try and have a look around.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Bradford.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Africa.

Yes I know it's a continent not a country but it is full of the same type of corrupt countries. 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16075
    capo4th said:
    Scotland

tae be or not tae be
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    Whats is it with Scottish men and skirts, I know they call them kilts, but a skirt is a bloody skirt lets not beat around the bush about it and the kilt fits that description to a T, it's a nation of cross dressers too lazy to shaves their legs,can someone please explain to me the Scottish mans obsession of dressing up in drag please, or at least let me in on the joke?

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Bradford.
    Aha, we have a philosopher in our midst.....    ;)

Did I spell that correctly? Eek....
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    France. There's a reason outside of developmental (is that fucking right too?) geography it's over that handily placed stretch of water.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."