What countries do you just not give a toss about?

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Fucking Thailand. I have about a million friends who insist it's amazing and fun and full of wonder, where in reality it's just the white people go to get high on a beach and look at child prostitutes to make themselves feel better about their own lives. Meh

Also Yemen. WTF is up with Yemen? Mental?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Luxembourg and Jersey.  Especially Jersey
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Anywhere North of Watford.
    Anywhere cold.
    Belgium.

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    There's a lot of massive generalisations going on here. A lot of Spain is a shithole infested with Brits/Germans drinking lager, but there's also some wonderful places if you searched a bit. You don't have to go to Benidorm. 

I daresay there's some nice places in Africa, Turkey and other places mentioned?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    New Zealand and the US.

Hate them both.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    edited April 2015
    All Benelux countries....
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6244
    Greenland... what's that all about then eh?
    Talk about false advertising.. not a blade of grass in sight.

Ruined my picnic that did.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Albania
    My V key is broken
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Any country where you can't get a decent drink.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    lloyd said:
    There's a lot of massive generalisations going on here. A lot of Spain is a shithole infested with Brits/Germans drinking lager, but there's also some wonderful places if you searched a bit. You don't have to go to Benidorm. 

I daresay there's some nice places in Africa, Turkey and other places mentioned?
    Lloyd, i think this is supposed to be an irrational dislike thread rather than a reasoned discussion.

In that spirit - China. I know its massive. I know it has a rich and ancient culture. I know there'll be loads to see. But bollocks to it - its covered in smog and pollution, i dont even understand the alphabet, the music is terrible. And my wife's aunt and uncle went on a cruise that stopped there. Her Uncle Steve wore a pair of white pants(massive faux pas to start with in my book), ate something that disagreed with him at lunch and then visibly shat himself in front of everyone. I will never put myself in that position.

Also, chopsticks. What the fuck? We invented the knife and fork. Dont pretend that two sticks are better.  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 778
    I don't like slugs either:

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I'd like to say England after the Scotland bashing but I just can't. Love the UK in general.

I will vote Egypt. Been before, fucking horrible place. In fact the whole Middle East, I just wasn't built to be there at all. I know plenty of excellent people from that region but it just seems so backwards thinking.

Wow, looking at this I look like a right UKIP voter. I'm REALLY not.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    In terms of places I don't care about visiting:

France. Just about everyone I know who has visited Paris has described it as an overpriced dirty place. I'd visit some of the old war sites, Dunkirk obviously, but no interest in the big cities really. So let's call it ambivalent. 

Australia. It's a fucking long way to travel, all that time in a plane would bore me rigid, I don't care about going to the beach, and it's got a lot of poisonous and generally disagreeable creatures there (and that's just the Sheilas. Arf.).
    Australia *is* a long way to travel but is totally worth it. I was like you and wasn't arsed about the place, but was 'persuaded' (i.e. had no choice ;) ) to go there for our Honeymoon - I never wanted to leave. Absolutely awesome place. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Samgb said:
    lloyd said:

Lloyd, i think this is supposed to be an irrational dislike thread rather than a reasoned discussion.

In that spirit - China. I know its massive. I know it has a rich and ancient culture. I know there'll be loads to see. But bollocks to it - its covered in smog and pollution, i dont even understand the alphabet, the music is terrible. And my wife's aunt and uncle went on a cruise that stopped there. Her Uncle Steve wore a pair of white pants(massive faux pas to start with in my book), ate something that disagreed with him at lunch and then visibly shat himself in front of everyone. I will never put myself in that position.

Also, chopsticks. What the fuck? We invented the knife and fork. Dont pretend that two sticks are better.  
    Ah we're just blanket banning all shitty countries we hate? I can roll with that, i'll add the Middle East, North Africa, China an Australia then!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22576
    Spider said:
    That, is one hell of a day on a 125, it took me 2 days to get to Monaco on a VTR1000 !  ^:)^

I'm at the point where my knees can't take longer cycling trips. I'm very resistant to car driving as I think it would be an expensive waste of money so the logical approach is to go motorcycle. I don't want to go fast. I don't drive anything at the minute, not even a goldfish licence.

Then this came up. 

Yeah, man. Slowly through Europe sounds awesome. 2016 ideally, 2017 at the latest. Vanish for a month. So this year it's CBT and license time. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Got to be the Netherlands .. bloody useless if you love skiing or hill walking and the food is just naff. France - lovely countryside, nice food and horrible people. Belgium - it's like Manchester (always rains when I go there) without the night life. If fact nothing happens in Belgium. Austria - too many fat men in tight leather shorts yodelling for my liking and the food .. God knows what they put in their meat balls. North Korea - it's like living in 1970s Luton.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    Gassage said:
    New Zealand and the US.

Hate them both.
    New Zealand is fantastic, you are wrong.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    The only two places left on my to go list is the US, we are travelling around Japan in August, US probably in a couple of years, want do go to New York, New England and California/San Francisco.

Still haven't finished my bookings for Japan I'm a bit stuck at how to get from Hiroshima back to Tokyo in 5 days without going to the same places on the way back, with hindsight I should have gone a slightly different route.

I'm not arsed about Middle East or Africa, although an old pal has offered us free accommodation on his farm in Zimbabwe I just don't fancy it. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The only two places left on my to go list is the US, we are travelling around Japan in August, US probably in a couple of years, want do go to New York, New England and California/San Francisco.

Still haven't finished my bookings for Japan I'm a bit stuck at how to get from Hiroshima back to Tokyo in 5 days without going to the same places on the way back, with hindsight I should have gone a slightly different route.

I'm not arsed about Middle East or Africa, although an old pal has offered us free accommodation on his farm in Zimbabwe I just don't fancy it. 
    @jonnyburgo .. you'll love the US. I've been all over it and would happily live there. New England is a lovely place - I worked in Boston for a while. New York is bonkers .. I have a good friend who lives on a house boat on the Hudson .. and your money goes a long way. Texas was nuts .. great place. It's US politicans who suck ..

I would love to go to Japan .. it's on my bucket list.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Fretwired said:
    It's  politicans who suck ..

ftfy ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself