Ignorant Arsehole

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24700
So, today I was trying to find a site in the middle of Pontypridd.  A godforsaken hole of grey stone and heroin addicts if ever there was one.  I find myself stuck in the middle of a 'car park' where vehicles are strewn all over the place at hideous angles and there are bright yellow signs dotted around from some car park management company (aka clamping bastards) warning of the terrible consequences of parking in contravention of the zillion rules (obtainable on request from their head office in Ipswich only).

Not being able to see any means to buy a ticket, I decide to approach a friendly taxi-van driver who is waiting for a space to appear.  As I approach his minivan, he breaks the ice with "Are you staying - or going ?".  I reply with a friendly smile, and ask him if the car park is public or private, as I can't see any pay and display machines and that I don't want to risk getting clamped or a £100 fine, and is it ok to leave my car here ?

He takes another drag on his badly rolled fag that's dangling out of his unshaven mouth and replies.......

"Are you staying.....  or are you going ?".

At this point, all I've got is to call him a 'fucking arsehole' and walk away.

What an ignorant wanker.
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    He shouldn't be smoking in his taxi.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17904
    tFB Trader
    Especially if he's an arsehole, one fart and he'll go up in flames. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    see you failed to apply Berts 3rd law of social observation.  

#3 - Private hire mini-cab drivers are never happy, and are actually by-and-large  arrogant twunts.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    bertie said:
    see you failed to apply Berts 3rd law of social observation.  

#3 - Private hire mini-cab drivers are never happy, and are actually by-and-large  arrogant twunts.
    3rd Law? Surely that's the first?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24700
    I want to know more about Berts laws.  These are not things that ought to be kept from the public.  They should be shared to benefit mankind.  If I'd known about law #3, I could have avoided the problem.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    You should also be aware that taxi-drivers go to a different school of driving to the rest of society.

I didn't think they went to school.... any school...  which is why they became taxi drivers ?  I mean, what other job can you do if you possess no skills or talent for anything other than sitting on your arse all day ?  That's got to be a limited pool of career choices hasn't it ?

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    You should also be aware that taxi-drivers go to a different school of driving to the rest of society.

What?  You mean they actually teach that shit?! :-O
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • vizviz Frets: 10775
    Emp_Fab said:
    I didn't think they went to school.... any school...  which is why they became taxi drivers ?  I mean, what other job can you do if you possess no skills or talent for anything other than sitting on your arse all day ?  That's got to be a limited pool of career choices hasn't it ?

Now hang on a sec - it's not an easy job to do well and a lot of drivers take pride in doing it well.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • In London we use a system to help us differentiate between your normal working minicab and those who are dangerously useless... the latter have to drive vehicles labelled Addison Lee, which I assume is rhyming slang for something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Careful. Holnrew may be about.
    Is he a taxi driver ?
    viz said:
    Now hang on a sec - it's not an easy job to do well and a lot of drivers take pride in doing it well.
    Not an easy job to do well ???

No... I suppose you're right.

Mind you, standing upright and talking has it's difficulties too.

Lol - but it's true - it's not easy to do well, and it's not easy to do well consistently, and as you rightly said, when you come across an ignorant person doing it badly, it shows. That's what I mean really. The drivers I use regularly, I choose precisely because of their intelligence.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited October 2013
    viz said:
    The drivers I use regulary, I choose precisely because of their intelligence.
    how is he ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Thick as shit.
    That was a joke.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    LOL !!!

• bertie said:
    viz said:
    , I choose precisely because of their intelligence.
    how is he ?
    He clearly meant to say 'because of their discretion,'. :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    My experience around here is that *taxi drivers* - the ones who drive LTI-style *taxis* - are fine, if sometimes regarding the use of indicators as a sign of weakness; the ones who drive minicabs that are *cars*, even up to MPV size, are generally not too bad although can be unwilling to stop when coming out of a junction; but the ones who drive outsized public-hire minivans are total arseholes. I'm not sure exactly why.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Let's face it, the only reason most taxi (and lorry - fuck it, let's go for gold !) drivers actually become taxi and lorry drivers is because they can't find anyone to pay them for shitting and smoking fags.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom