Ignorant Arsehole

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10775
    You are terrible!! And anyway the jobs are very different.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    Let's face it, the only reason most taxi (and lorry - fuck it, let's go for gold !) drivers actually become taxi and lorry drivers is because they can't find anyone to pay them for shitting and smoking fags.
    Yes, because a taxi driver and lorry driver are clearly equally qualified/skilled, you know, like a lumberjack and a carpenter.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Cuntholery abounds these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    Let's face it, the only reason most taxi (and lorry - fuck it, let's go for gold !) drivers actually become taxi and lorry drivers is because they can't find anyone to pay them for shitting and smoking fags.
    Yes, because a taxi driver and lorry driver are clearly equally qualified/skilled, you know, like a lumberjack and a carpenter.

Yes or a drummer and a guitarist.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited October 2013
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Fackin Pontee is it butt?

Lol, they're all weird in those parts. Porth is even worse!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24701
    You're going to have to help me here... which one is the 'carpenter' ?  On one hand it could be the taxi driver as they have lots of inner-city journeys to make, involving much turning of the steering wheel and pressing of the pedals.  On the other hand, it could be the lorry driver as they have lots of gears to change, and ropes to tie as well as trying to master the use of the indicator stalk.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."

No, because the ability to play the drums reduces his intelligence not enhances it.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    You're going to have to help me here... which one is the 'carpenter' ?  On one hand it could be the taxi driver as they have lots of inner-city journeys to make, involving much turning of the steering wheel and pressing of the pedals.  On the other hand, it could be the lorry driver as they have lots of gears to change, and ropes to tie as well as trying to master the use of the indicator stalk.
    Why are you worrying which is which as they both work with wood so they are obviously the same?
    Well, obviously, I'm trying to establish which of the two, lorry driver and taxi driver, you feel to be the one worthy of comparison with a carpenter.  It's a genuine question, believe it or not !

The skill difference between a taxi and a lorry driver is nowhere near that between a lumberjack and a carpenter - if indeed there is any.

edited October 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    if indeed there is any.

:)) What do you need to become a taxi driver and what do you need to become a lorry driver?  You are quite clearly making a sweeping value judgement based on opinion rather than fact.  "Yeah, any idiot can drive a lorry...they give them licences out for free you know!".  Do you have one?
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Come off it, lorry drivers have to murder prostitutes as well.
  • Evilmags said:
    I reckon that would come under 'hobbies and interests' rather than 'required skills'.
    :)) What do you need to become a taxi driver and what do you need to become a lorry driver?  You are quite clearly making a sweeping value judgement based on opinion rather than fact.  "Yeah, any idiot can drive a lorry...they give them licences out for free you know!".  Do you have one?
    Of course I'm making sweeping value judgements based on opinion (well, uninformed bigotry to be precise !) rather than fact ! - It's my raison d'etre.  It's what I do.  How long have you been here ?  Strewth.

Anyway, these prostitute murderers....  are they the ones you think are the carpenters ?  I must say, I'm detecting more than a whiff of defensiveness from you about lorry drivers....  do you have an HGV licence perchance ?

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    It must take lorry drivers years of study and training to perfect the technique of overtaking on a dual carriage at a speed precisely 0.1 mph more than the vehicle they are overtaking.

You rarely see that kind of consistently reproduced skill from taxi drivers.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2013

Emp_Fab said:
    Of course I'm making sweeping value judgements based on opinion (well, uninformed bigotry to be precise !) rather than fact ! - It's my raison d'etre.  It's what I do.  How long have you been here ?  Strewth.

Anyway, these prostitute murderers....  are they the ones you think are the carpenters ?  I must say, I'm detecting more than a whiff of defensiveness from you about lorry drivers....  do you have an HGV licence perchance ?

No unfortunately, considering how well it pays for little physical exertion.

I do whole-heartedly agree with your part of you original point that there are some ignorant arseholes on our road though.... bloody mid-lane cruisers, those who regularly break the speed limit, those who drive without insurance - they're everywhere.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    siremoon said:
    It must take lorry drivers years of study and training to perfect the technique of overtaking on a dual carriage at a speed precisely 0.1 mph more than the vehicle they are overtaking.

it's not so much skill as their lorries being fitted with limiters
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    Paul_C said:
    siremoon said:

it's not so much skill as their lorries being fitted with limiters
    I really have to laugh at how much this winds up most car drivers.

It makes no difference to your average speed or journey time if you just slow down to the same speed as the lorries and wait for them to pass each other. But for some odd reason most of them get hot under the collar constantly trying to speed up and then having to brake when they get too close.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Evilmags said:
    Alright, Jeremy Clarkson. Calm down.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Lol, so I will be "just" a taxi driver then.
    My V key is broken