What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24701
    You're going to be a taxi driver ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I didn't think they went to school.... any school...  which is why they became taxi drivers ?  I mean, what other job can you do if you possess no skills or talent for anything other than sitting on your arse all day ?  That's got to be a limited pool of career choices hasn't it ?
    I think that could apply to MPs, most middle management, radio & tv presenters, checkout operators (sorry Bucket) etc
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    you dont need to be qualified to be a mini-cab driver  do you ?  you need  license, but not any specific qualifiction
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited October 2013
    Nope.  The most ridiculous thing about London's introduction of 'registering' minicabs is all you need is a driving license and an un-modified car.  You also need to pass certain sections of a CRB check, but considering most were immigrants applying they could have been a serial rapist and you had no way of qualifying the check.  When first introduced there were private hire guys with brand new Jags applying but failing because they had a non-qualifying mobile cradle fitted, whilst you could legally run people around in a 15 year old shit-box provided it had scraped through and MOT.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Emp_Fab said:
    Stop asking that question when it's fucking obvious the answer is "yes".
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I've had to do a BTEC (easy as piss, mind), I'll need a medical, full disclosure CRB, and I hav to pass a knowledge test. Not a qualification as such, but it takes some work. As far as I can tell, you get out what you put in.
    My V key is broken
  •  

holnrew said:
    Lol, so I will be "just" a taxi driver then.
    Yes holnrew, despite your efforts to work, the work you put in to being able to find work and the contrary views expressed in the 'On Benefit And Proud' where non-workers are 'tax thieves', you will to some be 'just' an taxi driver.  Fortunately though, the rest know you've had a rough ride work wise, realise how confidence sapping being out of work can be and are glad to see you on the up-turn.  Good luck with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the rest know you've had a rough ride work wise, realise how confidence sapping being out of work can be and are glad to see you on the up-turn.  Good luck with it.
    seconded
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Emp_Fab said:
    Holn,  the answer was

"You talkin to me ?"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15883

I always quite fancied being a lorry driver, getting to tootle around the country (or mebbe longer distance stuff). I suspect the reality of the job is somewhat at odds with my idealised version, but I've never allowed reality to impinge on anything I've ever thought.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• vizviz Frets: 10775
    edited October 2013
    VimFuego said:

I've never allowed reality to impinge on anything I've ever thought.

How do you know?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • C'mon, we tell him every day!! :)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've just come back in after a lunchtime drinkies and I have to thank you lot for making laugh so much I couldn't breathe! Classic stuff, carry on gentlemen!

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15883
    viz said:
    VimFuego said:

I've never allowed reality to impinge on anything I've ever thought.

How do you know?

who knows.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

:) And glad you're being kept amused CD
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    If it was fucking obvious, I wouldn't have fucking asked the fucking question would I ?  Fuckety fuck fuck fuck.
    AND I only fucking asked the fucking question just the fucking once, so it's fucking hardly the fucking case that I'm asking the fucking question repeatedly.

See... I even sound like a taxi driver.

Obviously Holn doesn't count as an asshole taxi driver.  I think even he knows that.

Fuck.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited October 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    If it was fucking obvious, I wouldn't have fucking asked the fucking question would I ?  Fuckety fuck fuck fuck.
    AND I only fucking asked the fucking question just the fucking once, so it's fucking hardly the fucking case that I'm asking the fucking question repeatedly.

See... I even sound like a taxi driver.

Obviously Holn doesn't count as an asshole taxi driver.  I think even he knows that.

Fuck.

You asked it twice - pedantry notwithstanding.

Insincere apologies for any unnecessary aggression but if you read Holnrew's low self esteem thread followed by this one you'll probably want to write sweary putdowns to yourself (and others) as well.

I don't think I asked it twice....  I am however about to carve a roast chicken so I can't check right now.

Either way Holn isn't an asshole and I'm sorry if he took any offence to my rant.

I love the fact that you paused with carving knife in hand to hurriedly type that message!
    viz said:
    I love the fact that you paused with carving knife in hand to hurriedly type that message!
    the chicken did it