in Guitar tFB Trader

Nice One!  ;)

What is 'Guitarist' going to do now?

Nice pedal board report too :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    What?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16324
    Is this the new improved Chris V edited one?

I think the last one I saw in the shops had a strat on the front so presumably this is a newer edition. I might even buy it :) I certainly gave up on Guitarist a while ago, somewhat sad having been a reader since issue number 1. The amount of cross over with G and B made purchasing both a bit redundant so if G and B is all new and shiny that's going to be worth a look.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited June 2015
    ...Googles...print copy out this Friday. I'll have to get past the picture of a PRS on the front but the insides look interesting.
    There is a picture of @Thorpy6 ' s Crossfire on their website and on Twitter. Don't know if that appears in the mag or not.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11689
    tFB Trader
    Yup - got my copy today .

Guitarist is also getting a facelift and will be out later in the month.

I sadly stopped advertising in either as I wasn't getting anycalls based on the adverts from what I could tell and it may be that folks are just too overloaded to stop for adverts when looking througha magazine, watching TV or whatever.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    G & B now seems to have morphed in Guitarist.....but with better content it has to be said, including one of our own.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9734
    I've always enjoyed G & B more than Guitarist, feels like more of a collection of interesting articles rather than a catalogue for people who earn 10 times the money I do. The DIY articles are especially good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BlacksheepBlacksheep Frets: 293
    I've always enjoyed G & B more than Guitarist, feels like more of a collection of interesting articles rather than a catalogue for people who earn 10 times the money I do. The DIY articles are especially good.

The problem is it is the catalogue aspect that keeps magazine like Guitarist in business. Magazines are expensive to produce and have small circulations. The cover price won't even get close to covering salaries and production costs. So, as far as the money men who run publishing firms are concerned, the articles are simply there to stop the ads from running into each other. Why do you think bad gear reviews are as rare as hen's teeth?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    I'll be interested to hear what you guys think - official on sale date is tomorrow. Of course, we're halfway through the next one already. The evolution continues... :-)
  • @chrisv ;

When is the iPad version out & how does it compare to the Guitarist app?

Tomorrow as far as I know, @guitarcookie1. At the moment there's no multimedia content but that may be something we look at incorporating in the future.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9734
    Mine was there when I got home. A PRS on the cover... Oh Noes!  ;)

Serious point though, I preferred G&B to Guitarist because they often reviewed quirkier and more affordable stuff than the boring and expensive PRS/Mesa/Taylor.

Only had a quick flick through so far, I'll post a fuller response in a few days.
    Looking forward to the article on Dave Hill's guitar. He's a governor of where I went to primary school y'know.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    usedtobe said:
    What?
    Oh man... I hate these threads that assume you know what they're going on about!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2388
    Looking forward to the article on Dave Hill's guitar. He's a governor of where I went to primary school y'know.
    You mean one of the US states?
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    ...Googles...print copy out this Friday. I'll have to get past the picture of a PRS on the front but the insides look interesting.
    There is a picture of @Thorpy6 ' s Crossfire on their website and on Twitter. Don't know if that appears in the mag or not.

I think the GUNSHOT is reviewed in the next issue out 3rd July.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23524
    I'm reserving judgement, when a magazine has a facelift it always takes me a while to get used to it.  I'm glad to see they haven't axed Private Collection, at least.

Dave_Mc said:
    You mean one of the US states?

he's just a school governor in Wolverhampton rather than a state one.
    Steve Clarke's Dave Hill guitar piece was in the issue that's just gone off sale I'm afraid, but you can read it here: http://www.guitar-bass.net/diy/dave-hills-sam-li-custom-guitar-workshop/
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Bass sections in a 'Guitar & Bass' mag are like the men's section in any high street clothes shop. 

Yes, it's there, but it's usually only got a couple of standard, boring items to keep you on the cusp of boredom while your girlfriend/wife enjoys the massive variety open to them.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11404
    G&B has changed radically since it started, and for the better. Its mission statement at the beginning seemed to be to avoid all of the usual suspects in terms of interviewees and gear, and that's changed.

I like the fact that it has things like the private collection, Phil Harris' bit and more recently Sid Bishop's. It's more about being a guitarist in the real world than you would find in Guitarist.

Mind you, I hope the PRS on the cover isn't a sign of things to come.