Guitar & Bass

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27844
    Opened mine on the train coming home.

I've got no page 22 - there's just an insert apologising for some sort of "publishing difficulty" and to assure me that a page 22 will be included in future months, but not in this issue.

What's that all about???

:-O
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31052
    Distribution issues.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    Actually the improved appearance of the mag went badly wrong on page 22 of my copy. It looks like it was done with one of those old 'Dymo' label makers....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27844
    I wonder whether someone helpful, or @randomhandclaps, could maybe post an image of that missing page for the rest of us?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    It doesn't matter what was on page 22, it'll all be irrelevant as it will have changed at least 8 times by now. Gassage's board can't be monitored by monthly updates - it'd be like human history jumping from hunting mammoths to landing on the moon within two editions.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Perused a copy in WHSmiths.

Page 22 is indeed very odd. Strange to find a full page ad for The Gas Board in a guitar magazine.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23526
    Well I finally read page 22.

It's about some bloke who kindly helped out a poor old geezer in Cornwall by paying ridiculously over the odds for some ropey-looking homemade pedals.  Nice gesture.

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The Strat pick guard feature was very inspiring - I feel inspired to buy a body and neck from AllParts and have a go at this.

And the BB King feature was head and shoulders above the one in Guitarist.

Also it's good to have a techniques section that's not just more blues licks.

All in all, it's probably one of the best guitar mags I've read in a long time. Looking forward to the next issue.
  • markjmarkj Frets: 922
    Just bought a subscription. You've done a good job Mr Vinnicombe.
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited June 2015
    @chrisv - tell you what, I'll buy a copy next time I'm passing a shop, just to fuck with circulation statistics RE the changes made. ;)

Why not spin it that this spike in circulation is wholly on account of @gassage 's pedal board, and that what readers want is a 70 page snapshot of his pedal board every month interspersed with adverts for the actual pedals on his pedalboard.

Or, another pitch - a Cornish special, where the magazine cover is grey and written with Dymo tape, the warranty is void if you open it, and if you do you find that the contents are actually reprints of articles from old editions of G&B bookended by photos of some old buffer.

And it costs £72.16
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3687
    Wife came home with the latest copy yesterday and I have had a good flick through - not overwhelmed TBH.

A fair bit thinner than Guitarist and a little cheaper. Not that I am a massive fan of Guitarist either.

I think I will just get a copy every now and then.
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Picked up an issue yesterday, blissfully unaware of the change. Within minutes, realised there had been a major change. G & B was always the better magazine for me, but this change gets it into 'the best' as far as I'm concerned. Well done @ChrisV .... and keep it up ! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8561
    Picked up an issue yesterday, blissfully unaware of the change. Within minutes, realised there had been a major change. G & B was always the better magazine for me, but this change gets it into 'the best' as far as I'm concerned. Well done @ChrisV .... and keep it up ! ;)
    Yeah, really liking the new mag. I thought G&B had gone a bit too pipe and slippers, bald patch and pony-tail, but this brings it nicely up to date. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Thanks @Andyjr1515 & @dindude :-)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    I too am with @fretmeister and @mrchi on this.  Fender is a major player in the bass guitar world but not the only one.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

btw can anyone tell me what is the tutorial on page 116 of this month's G&B? My subscriber copy still hasn't arrived!
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    edited July 2015
    @mellowsun can you email guitarandbass@anthem-publishing.com please and I'll chase it up for you? In the meantime, it's reverb!
    chrisv said:
    @mellowsun can you email guitarandbass@anthem-publishing.com please and I'll chase it up for you? In the meantime, it's reverb!
    Thanks @chrisv, I contacted subscriptions at weborders@servicehelpline.co.uk the other day and they are sending out another copy.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31052

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.