Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5000
    edited January 2019
    Cool thanks guys, it's a tad moot at the mo as I'm not giggin. But Lee's lovely DXR I bought is 3db louder and 400watts more power. Seems like an own goal by Line 6 if it's not loud enough but by the same token if it's loud enough to monitor with....

Might have to check the SD then Lee. Thanks

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    A single DXR10 packs far more punch than the Powercab... I’ve had them side by side. For personal monitoring the PC would probably be fine unless you’re playing at deafening volume, kinda not the point of it though really.
    Boromedic said:
    Didn't want to start another thread and it seems after my initial interest the consensus is the same but thought I'd double check before making the jump.

Line 6 PowerCab Plus.... It's not loud enough for gigging, or monitoring live? What say you?!!

Cheers
    I have no idea on that one, but what I can confirm is that the SD Powerstage 170 into an 8 ohm 2x12" is easily loud enough for gigging even without PA assistance, and even though it's only putting out about half the power into an 8 ohm load.

In fact, a more accurate description would be "frighteningly loud". I chickened out when we couldn't hear the drums any more, and it didn't seem like it was running out of headroom...
    Is that using your Matrix cab @digitalscream ?
    I have to say I’ve missed using mine since adopting the Helix. I might have to bring it out of retirement and pick up a Powerstage... sounds like a handy rig.
  • simonk said:
    Boromedic said:
    Didn't want to start another thread and it seems after my initial interest the consensus is the same but thought I'd double check before making the jump.

Line 6 PowerCab Plus.... It's not loud enough for gigging, or monitoring live? What say you?!!

Cheers
    I have no idea on that one, but what I can confirm is that the SD Powerstage 170 into an 8 ohm 2x12" is easily loud enough for gigging even without PA assistance, and even though it's only putting out about half the power into an 8 ohm load.

In fact, a more accurate description would be "frighteningly loud". I chickened out when we couldn't hear the drums any more, and it didn't seem like it was running out of headroom...
    I have to say I’ve missed using mine since adopting the Helix. I might have to bring it out of retirement and pick up a Powerstage... sounds like a handy rig.
    Yep, the NL212. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of it...the Placater model into the SD 170 into the Matrix cab is simply astonishing.
    <space for hire>
    simonk said:
    Boromedic said:

Cheers

Yep, the NL212. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of it...the Placater model into the SD 170 into the Matrix cab is simply astonishing.
    I can see my ‘no new gear for 2019’ pledge falling at an early hurdle at this rate... 
    Agreed though, they’re fabulous cabs.
  • I want them to kick the beta off asap, coz I wanna mess with that MURF and the Revv.

Bye!

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I really thought it would be the pitch stuff that got fixed
    My worry is that they've bought a couple of people on board specifically to do that, and that they sit in an office somewhere in a remote corner of the building always saying they'll be done in 3 months  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited January 2019
    This is the 2.8 list that Digital Igloo posted on tgp
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27913555/

EDIT - there's two posts
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27913559/
  • Cirrus said:
    I really thought it would be the pitch stuff that got fixed
    My worry is that they've bought a couple of people on board specifically to do that, and that they sit in an office somewhere in a remote corner of the building always saying they'll be done in 3 months  =)
    I would guess that their team has to rebuild the pitch stuff from the ground up, taking great care to not copy or otherwise be influenced by work they've done in the past.

Bye!

• out of interest, what is wrong with the pitch stuff?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
    out of interest, what is wrong with the pitch stuff?
    Doesn't track chords very well, if at all and very artificial sounding. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I want them to kick the beta off asap, coz I wanna mess with that MURF and the Revv.
    It's interesting that they have done the murf. It's not a great guitar pedal. But stick a synth or Drum loop through it and it's friggin awesome. Will be very interested to compare it to my one, which has spent a lot of time in a helix loop. Love running VSTs through it :)
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    out of interest, what is wrong with the pitch stuff?
    Doesn't track chords very well, if at all and very artificial sounding. 
    I'd go further than that.  With more than a single note it seems to create lots of clashing, discordant artefacts and it sounds horrible. 
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Is that helix model also what the revv g4 is shooting for? Cos if do my other guitarist just dropped £200 on one and I'm gonna pick one up for free in the update:)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Just went from 2.6 to 2.71. hate the new tuner. So slow :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 752
    edited February 2019
    So what expression pedals are you using with your helix? I’m on my second helix lt and the internal pedal broke again and instead of returning the lt I’m Considering just buying a pedal and be done with it. 
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1019
    Anyone know what happened with the:

direct from Line6 tone packs?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    fnpt said:
    So what expression pedals are you using with your helix? I’m on my second helix lt and the internal pedal broke again and instead of returning the lt I’m Considering just buying a pedal and be done with it. 
    I would definitely return it but I use mission pedals as well
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 752
    Cabicular said:
    fnpt said:
    I would definitely return it but I use mission pedals as well
    Thanks, I’ll check them
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • fnpt said:
    If 2 broke in a row I’d raise it with frank richette on the helix eBay group. He works for line 6 and their customer service is absolutely second to none.

Given that you’ve had the problem twice I wouldn’t be surprised if he offered to replace it for a full fat helix (that definitely doesn’t have problems with the expression pedal. In fact it feels fantastic. Better than any others I’ve used on any device).