Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    just been having my first real play of the Helix with bass, used it for guitar for 3 years.  Wish I’d done it sooner, it’s incredible, IMO the bass amps are even better than the guitar ones, and the Darkglass preamp thing is stunning
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    John_A said:
    just been having my first real play of the Helix with bass, used it for guitar for 3 years.  Wish I’d done it sooner, it’s incredible, IMO the bass amps are even better than the guitar ones, and the Darkglass preamp thing is stunning
    It’s awesome for bass. Plenty of choice and easy to dial in sounds, I prefer Helix Native to my Axe FX 2 for bass. If I gigged as a bassist I’d buy a hardware Helix no question.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    just did the update and everything went swimmingly. The new tweed amp is an extremely useful addition to the Helix; in fact, with my simple needs, I'd probably get by with just that and the Bluesbreaker.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367

Why would anyone want this? Genuinely puzzled....

Swap the Up/Down footswitches

Based on player feedback, you now have the option to swap the Up and Down switches. If you prefer Down to go up, and Up to go down, you now have that flexibility.

If you use HX Edit then the presets are listed with 1 at the top and then the numbers get higher as you scroll down the list. So now you can scroll "down" with the footswitch the same way you down on HX Edit. 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Currently using a king of tone distortion into two "clean amps" (Placater Clean and Archtype clean)  and then back together into an IR.  Sounds flipping amazing!! 

Im using the KOT into the amps for a crunch and heavy distortion but they cut through the mix better than anything else Ive ever used. 
  • I can finally talk about it! lol. Been using it for a month or so now. I really like the Revv Generator Red channel. It reminds me of my old Fryette Sig X in a way.

I like the Ampeg fine enough, but I kinda prefer some of the older Ampeg's they have in there.

Really want to see some sexy pitch stuff happening in the next firmware(zsz)

Bye!

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    So I didn't know about the Rev unit just now as I havent properly read the release notes. The Revv sounds awesome with my baritone
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Installed it. All good.

The Ampeg SVT4 Pro is remarkably good. I've played the real amp a lot but never owned one. Too damn heavy!

The Ampeg Scrambler and the Sansamp BDDI are indistinguishable from the real life ones - they suck balls! Pieces of crap the both of them, Have to admire the accuracy of the models though.

Not tried any of the new guitar amps yet.

Probably try the clean / vintage new ones later as I've currently got single coils in my strat at the moment.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Gah, first time I've had a Helix update fail.... hoping it's a temporary glitch and not the dreaded device bricking :(
    You did notice that it is supposed to give you a failure warning?

Then you click ok....

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    You did notice that it is supposed to give you a failure warning?

Then you click ok....
    I did read the instructions yes. Line 6 always make a big deal of making sure you read the instructions.
    What happened then?

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 852
    All this talk of cracking amp models makes me a little jealous I only have the HX Effects.... :(
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28022
    Had a gig last night, and the guitarist in the other band also had a Helix (although he had the Floor as opposed to my LT, and the real backpack instead of my cheap Novation one...I think he was compensating for something).

"You done the update yet?"
    "Nah, I figured I'd wait until I'd got this gig out of the way."
    "Don't worry mate, the instructions work perfectly, just do it! Got some oddness with my expression pedal, though..."

:D
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    Installed it. All good.

The Ampeg SVT4 Pro is remarkably good. I've played the real amp a lot but never owned one. Too damn heavy!

The Ampeg Scrambler and the Sansamp BDDI are indistinguishable from the real life ones - they suck balls! Pieces of crap the both of them, Have to admire the accuracy of the models though.

Not tried any of the new guitar amps yet.

Probably try the clean / vintage new ones later as I've currently got single coils in my strat at the moment.
    What’s your go to rock  bass setup on Helix?  Currently liking the Darkglass in to the cougar 800, no cab, into the fx return of my Ampeg and a BF one10 very happy with that
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 894
    Is there a quick or at least methodical way of normalising the volume level of all my patches?

I keep randomly deafening myself at the moment...
    revsorg said:
    Is there a quick or at least methodical way of normalising the volume level of all my patches?

I keep randomly deafening myself at the moment...
    Nope, just go through them and set levels accordingly.  Don’t know why anyone would want to do this, I have quiet patches and loud ones by design
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    The FB group is fanboy hell.

If anyone enquires about a post update oddity they just get a barrage of "rtfm noob" abuse 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited July 2019
    TimmyO said:
    The FB group is fanboy hell.

If anyone enquires about a post update oddity they just get a barrage of "rtfm noob" abuse 
    lovely bunch of people, don't have a bad word to say about any of them
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28022
    ...folk complain about the "Don't be a dick" rule, but it seems that's more palatable than "Be nice" ;)

Anyway, careful folks. Don't get personal.
    <space for hire>