Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• The most erudite comment I've ever had on a video.

take my money!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7493
    This reminds me, at band practice last night we tried A/B'ing the other guitarists rev pedal versus the helix rev and its a damn good match.

The helix had a bit more low end but I put this down to going into the return on my diezel but it was very clearly the same tone.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 297
    TimmyO said:

they can have an atomic wedgie back for designing an update process that displays a screen saying "update failed" 
    100% this. I saw that in the instructions when I updated to 2.80 and had to do a double take. The devs where I work would combust on the spot if they saw that, and the PRs would spit their champagne out when they saw the result.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28024
    Clecko said:
    TimmyO said:

they can have an atomic wedgie back for designing an update process that displays a screen saying "update failed" 
    100% this. I saw that in the instructions when I updated to 2.80 and had to do a double take. The devs where I work would combust on the spot if they saw that, and the PRs would spit their champagne out when they saw the result.
    I'm a dev, and as soon as I saw that I thought, "Nope, not updating until loads of other people have done it and there are very few issues reported".

I generally refuse to go for anything which has an ambiguous error message built into the documentation - since you could very well have an actual boot failure and not be able to get any more information about it on the basis that it's also supposed to happen in other circumstances.

Very, very poor design from a team that's usually pretty damn good.
    <space for hire>
  • This reminds me, at band practice last night we tried A/B'ing the other guitarists rev pedal versus the helix rev and its a damn good match.

The helix had a bit more low end but I put this down to going into the return on my diezel but it was very clearly the same tone.
    What pedal?

Bye!

• Ohhhh you mean the Revv pedal. Not a reverb pedal. I understand now.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I've largely used IRs, but spent some time with a couple of the cabs last night. They're a lot better than I remember my first impression of them being.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10090
    HS Stomp-wise, this was the video that changed everything for me. So adaptable...

Ohhhh you mean the Revv pedal. Not a reverb pedal. I understand now.
    Yup, Alex only just spent like 200 odd quid on it too and I jsut got it for free in 2.80 :)

It'll prob see some use in helix native and maybe as  a backup block going to one of the alternative outs to cover amp failure but obvs its not going to replace CH3.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    Should be borrowing a Helix for the weekend to try out/see if I want to get a Stomp. I doubt it will be up to date in terms of firmware but as it's not mine I'm not going to update in case of any issues, loss of presets etc etc. Are all the old/original amp models (shiva, plexi, soldano etc) the same anyway in terms of how they sound and feel or have they been overhauled in recent firmwares? Will I still be able to use HX Edit to upload an IR or when I plug it in will it pester me to update the firmware?
  • Been playing with the Stomp a lot this week.

Really enjoying the possibilities that the parallel path brings. Favourite new trick is adding a parallel path with wet only delays going into huge reverb (like the particle verb). Lets you get a really huge reverb sound but you can still hear what you're actually playing. Lovely. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    TTBZ said:
    Should be borrowing a Helix for the weekend to try out/see if I want to get a Stomp. I doubt it will be up to date in terms of firmware but as it's not mine I'm not going to update in case of any issues, loss of presets etc etc. Are all the old/original amp models (shiva, plexi, soldano etc) the same anyway in terms of how they sound and feel or have they been overhauled in recent firmwares? Will I still be able to use HX Edit to upload an IR or when I plug it in will it pester me to update the firmware?
    The models are the same but there are some differences with default settings, on the later versions the biggest difference is the cabs which all have a 8K high cut and use a ribbon mic 3” from the cab, this in most cases give a more pleasing initial result

dont get disheartened if it isn’t instantly amazing, just takes a bit of tinkering 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Im thinking of using some of the extra outputs to run vocals into the PA for a few random screams to let our singer do some overlaps..any one tried this?

What about playing back samples like this? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Anyone fancy swapping their gigging presets? Mine use IRs but happy for people to take a listen to
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    HXFX wisdom required?

With the HXFX, would it be possible to split each discrete signal path after a series of stereo FX so that the left side is being sent to both the left stereo output and send of one of the effects loops, then the same with the right side side?

Effectively resulting in dual stereo outs for each side?

Jetfire said:
    Anyone fancy swapping their gigging presets? Mine use IRs but happy for people to take a listen to
    Happy to share but mine use my amp for the core tone so not sure you'd get that much out of them.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 275
    I'm still really enjoying my Stomp. 
    We tried out a new practise room the other night, and due to some confusion i had to run the Stomp through the pa. Never used it that way before, only really used it through a power amp and cab. 
    Wasn't expecting great things without a lot of adjusting but to be fair it sounded great! 

Best thing i've bought in years, and well worth the money for anyone thinking of getting one but undecided. 
    Did some jams with the svt pro model on native this evening... chunky:)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    Just had a quick play on the Helix (via 80 ohm DT770s) and despite my past experience with it and Native I really like it. So much better than when I've tried it on Yamaha trade stands, the headphones they pair it with must be cack. I'm liking the P75 Park model into a Greenback cab with the 160 ribbon mic and a subtle room reverb. Pretty much does the mid gain crunch sound I'm after and means I could get away with 4 blocks to spare for FX on a Stomp if I wanted to.

Will spend a bit more time over the weekend and also try the amps through the power section of my Jubilee. Current thought is I'm gonna end up ordering my Stomp this weekend :)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8628
    TTBZ said:
    Just had a quick play on the Helix (via 80 ohm DT770s) and despite my past experience with it and Native I really like it. So much better than when I've tried it on Yamaha trade stands, the headphones they pair it with must be cack. I'm liking the P75 Park model into a Greenback cab with the 160 ribbon mic and a subtle room reverb. Pretty much does the mid gain crunch sound I'm after and means I could get away with 4 blocks to spare for FX on a Stomp if I wanted to.

Will spend a bit more time over the weekend and also try the amps through the power section of my Jubilee. Current thought is I'm gonna end up ordering my Stomp this weekend :)
    I may well be selling my 2 week old stomp if you’re interested. Played it twice only. I reckon there’s some great sounds in there, just haven’t got the time or inclination to discover.