Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• jackiojackio Frets: 147
    watch

This is Line 6 own video and answers the 'can I use it with a synth' though doesn't answer the 'is it stereo' question
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2351
    jackio said:
    The Helix LT has the option of using the stereo returns for keyboards and it is mentioned in a video and forum chat elsewhere. I've not seen this mentioned of the HX stomp and XL. Does anyone know @Musicman20 ;

Sorry I’m not sure!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2951
    Is it possible to set deadzone on the pedal. When using whammy its really easy to accidentally have your heel down on like 1-3% and be playing slightly detuned when you want the effect to be basically off.

On the old boss gt-10 you could actually control the curves themselves

Yep, you can set minimum and maximum position in the controller parameters of the effect I believe. At least you can with wah.
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    jackio said:
    watch

This is Line 6 own video and answers the 'can I use it with a synth' though doesn't answer the 'is it stereo' question
    If you can't specify the loop return as the input (full fat helix does), you could just put the stereo return or a stereo loop first in the chain – you'd loose a block but it's a workaround.
  • jackiojackio Frets: 147
    Thanks @paganskins   that’s really helpful
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

Quick question, when you have a footswitch as a toggle for 2 effects 1 of and one on, is there any way for it always to display the on effect?

I have set up wah / volume on a switch, to toggle between them but it often still displays the ‘off’ effect.  Touching seems to toggle the view.

So the behaviour is correct but I want the display to change everytime. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465

Quick question, when you have a footswitch as a toggle for 2 effects 1 of and one on, is there any way for it always to display the on effect?

I have set up wah / volume on a switch, to toggle between them but it often still displays the ‘off’ effect.  Touching seems to toggle the view.

No. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    Jota said:

No. 
    I think you might be able to fudge it actually - but you’d need to test it out:

the reason it seems to “work” when you touch it is because that’s bringing that block active for editing - if you were to edit the globals setting for that from its current “touch” to “both” then any time you footswitch a block that will become active for editing, and I think that means you’d see the active blocks name.

it may be distracting seeing things change in the other windows every time you stomp, but it might get you what you want 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    TimmyO said:
    Jota said:

No. 
    I think you might be able to fudge it actually - but you’d need to test it out:

the reason it seems to “work” when you touch it is because that’s bringing that block active for editing - if you were to edit the globals setting for that from its current “touch” to “both” then any time you footswitch a block that will become active for editing, and I think that means you’d see the active blocks name.

it may be distracting seeing things change in the other windows every time you stomp, but it might get you what you want 

You're right!
    I had no idea.
    My bad.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1017

How I Make the Line 6 Helix Feel like a Real Amp by Steve Sterlacci

• SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Question for you experienced guys. I'm torn between a Pod Go and HX stomp - the main reason being the HX stomp looks like it would be a PITA to edit on the device itself without a PC but would likely be the better unit to have overall? Does anyobe have any experience directly editing patches using the stomp rather than a PC? The lack go switches doesn't bother me as happy to grab an extra 2 switch thingymabob if needed.  
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    Shelders said:
    Question for you experienced guys. I'm torn between a Pod Go and HX stomp - the main reason being the HX stomp looks like it would be a PITA to edit on the device itself without a PC but would likely be the better unit to have overall? Does anyobe have any experience directly editing patches using the stomp rather than a PC? The lack go switches doesn't bother me as happy to grab an extra 2 switch thingymabob if needed.  
    I use an HX Stomp as a backup for a Helix floor and I do all of my editing on the Stomp rather than using a PC. I can honestly say I don't have a problem with it. It's a bit slower than editing on the Helix Floor as here is a bit more scrolling through pages but It doesn't take me long and doesn't bother me.

I can't speak for the Pod Go but I would say the main thing to be aware of with the Stomp is the 8 block limit and the DSP usage. It hasn't stopped me setting up usable patches that I would happily gig with but it takes a bit of thought and planning. I'd definitely recommend using additional switches with the Stomp to make it more flexible. I've got a three button midi switcher with mine and it really opens up a lot of extra possibilities for live use.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    rich75 said:
    Shelders said:
    I use an HX Stomp as a backup for a Helix floor and I do all of my editing on the Stomp rather than using a PC. I can honestly say I don't have a problem with it. It's a bit slower than editing on the Helix Floor as here is a bit more scrolling through pages but It doesn't take me long and doesn't bother me.

I can't speak for the Pod Go but I would say the main thing to be aware of with the Stomp is the 8 block limit and the DSP usage. It hasn't stopped me setting up usable patches that I would happily gig with but it takes a bit of thought and planning. I'd definitely recommend using additional switches with the Stomp to make it more flexible. I've got a three button midi switcher with mine and it really opens up a lot of extra possibilities for live use.. 
    Cheers for the response bud. That's good to hear - I have no plans for anything overly out of the ordinary for patches as its only for home playing so thr DSP aspect isnt a deal breaker. Apart from the interface aspect of it I just get the feeling the Helix will continue to get "better" support than the Pod moving forward as well. 
    The extra switches will definitely be on the list!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 619
    Do you need amp modelling? If not, the HX Fx is really simple to tweak on the fly.
    The HX Stomp is pretty easy to adjust without a PC connected  - in fact I've literally just been doing it - trying out different boosts and delays into the front of my Mesa. It's far easier and quicker than swapping real pedals.

The HX FX has the edge for easy tweaking but the HX Stomp is pretty good for this too.
    Yeah - I would need amp modelling. It would essentially be an all in one unit for me out to headphones/monitors. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 619
    Shelders said:
    Yeah - I would need amp modelling. It would essentially be an all in one unit for me out to headphones/monitors. 
    In that case, the Stomp would do just fine. I've not played a Pod Go but the HX Stomp is a brilliant little thing and editing on the unit itself is pretty straightforward. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4057
    I had a Stomp, swapped for a Pod Go. I was really happy with the Pod Go and then a Helix update came out with new amps and effects and I got jealous. I liked the extra switches on the Pod Go so I got a used LT.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 287
    Never understood why the Helix doesn't let you draw your own wah envelope, rather than just setting the low and high freqs. Not yet been able to get any of the Helix wah's to sound anywhere near as good or have a decent feel as my tired old Cry Baby.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

For me, Stomp XL makes the most sense.  I’ve had the normal Stomp and LT.   

AsterixTG said:
    Never understood why the Helix doesn't let you draw your own wah envelope, rather than just setting the low and high freqs. Not yet been able to get any of the Helix wah's to sound anywhere near as good or have a decent feel as my tired old Cry Baby.
    I found lowering the mix of the wah’s helped a bit, they can he a bit too much otherwise.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 341
    I wiggled the rumble filter and hey presto the sound was transformed…..
    I think the Bi-Thermalator was set too low and that was the problem…..