Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• AndyGT75AndyGT75 Frets: 86
    Shelders said:
    Question for you experienced guys. I'm torn between a Pod Go and HX stomp - the main reason being the HX stomp looks like it would be a PITA to edit on the device itself without a PC but would likely be the better unit to have overall? Does anyobe have any experience directly editing patches using the stomp rather than a PC? The lack go switches doesn't bother me as happy to grab an extra 2 switch thingymabob if needed.  
    I own a Helix FX and have programmed lots of patches and snapshots into without ever using a PC. Tbh it took me about a month to get my head around what the helix could do and how to set up
    stuff. This was mainly done via you tube videos and messing around. It was all a bit mind blowing for me at first but now I really like the unit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you'd indulge me for a few minutes, the compressor he demos in this great wee video is a Philosopher's Tone.

I'm wondering which of the Helix compressors would come closest in controls and approximation.

They're not something I know much about but would like a good starting point to have a play around with.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can anyone please confirm the size of the Allen key to tighten the expression pedal, I appear to have lost mine. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BodBod Frets: 1332
    edited November 2022
  • Websites down, what are the new amps and effects? Saw the bit about cabs 
  • BodBod Frets: 1332
    longshins said:
    Websites down, what are the new amps and effects? Saw the bit about cabs 
    Sunn Model T and Peavey Invective.
  • Nice! Fast tracking polysynth so I can ditch my boss sy1? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    longshins said:
    Nice! Fast tracking polysynth so I can ditch my boss sy1? 

Probably not. The focus is the new cabs and IRs take way less DSP now.
  • I'll get this done on Native tonight. The dual cabs look great for stereo stuff. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I'll get this done on Native tonight. The dual cabs look great for stereo stuff. 
    They are fantastic. The inclusion of delay makes them superb for headphone use, the one thing I found lacking in my HX Stomp previously. 

The new Dynamic Ambient reverb is fantastic too. 

• I've been enjoying this update immensely. The dual cabs with delays and new reverb together are pretty stunning in stereo imo. I like the new Peavey amp a lot also. Some great sounds to be had.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 353
    edited November 2022
    Bod said:
    It finally sounds good without any faffing about.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3714
    I'm really impressed by this upgrade.  I've owned a Kemper for seven years and a Helix for, I'm guessing, about four years?  I use the Helix for live work (due to its flexibility / control features) but I've always preferred the Kemper for studio work as, to my ears, it sounds so much better.  This upgrade has brought the two so much closer together.

I've spent the last couple of days modifying forty-odd patches from the live set but it has been well worth it (and didn't seem like a chore as the results were so rewarding).
  • Agreed. Fantastic update. I haven’t really got the most of out the new cab up grade because I have a selection of IRs that I love and am really used to the sound of. But the dual IR function is fantastic especially when combined with the new dynamic ambience effect. The Sun Model T is far and away my favourite amp and the Pillars overdrive is stellar. 

Again have switched all my presets to incorporate these new additions where appropriate and the step up in sound is amazing!
  • Has made a huge difference to my ears. Everything just sounds better. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995

Has 3.6 dropped ? 
    Cant seen any details online but @JohnCordy has a video out? 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27590
    Amps
    Grammatico GSG 100
    Line 6 Elmsley (parallel distortion)
    Aguilar Tone Hammer ("Agua Sledge")

Cabs
    •  1×12 Blue Bell (Single, Dual), captured from the 1×12″ Vox AC-15 Blue Alnico
    •  1×12 Open Cream (Single, Dual), captured from a custom 1×12″ open back cabinet G12M-65
    • 1×12 Open Cast (Single, Dual), captured from a custom 1×12″ open back cabinet EVM12L
    • 2×12 Silver Bell (Single, Dual), captured from the 2×12″ Vox AC-30TB Silver Alnico
    • 2×12 Match H30 (Single, Dual), captured from the 2×12″ Matchless DC-30 custom G12H-30
    • 2×12 Match G25 (Single, Dual), captured from the 2×12″ Matchless DC-30 custom G12M-25
    • 4×12 Greenback 20 (Single, Dual), captured from the 4×12″ Marshall Basketweave G12M-20
    • 1×12 Epicenter (Single, Dual), captured from the 1×12″ Epifani Ultralight series cabinet
    • 4×10 Ampeg Pro (Single, Dual), captured from the 4×10″ Ampeg PR-410HLF

FX
    • Dark Dove Fuzz - Russian Big Muff Pi
    • Triple Rotary - Yamaha RA-200 rotary speaker

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    Amps
    Grammatico GSG 100

Really looking forward to trying this amp out.