Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    edited May 2023
    Hold Down both FS1 & FS7 (bottom left hand buttons) to enter Snapshot foot switch mode. The camera should appear on the screen (top right) with a number inside, showing which Snapshot number you are playing with.

Helix LT Cheat Sheet —> https://medias.audiofanzine.com/files/helixlt-cheatsheet-480092.pdf
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Just gone back to Helix after 2 years trying/using inferior gear…..bought a rack for home studio use….excellent, like an old friend ….
    @Voxsupertwin ;
    What gear did you use before the switch back? Neural?
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    shuikit said:
    This is just using command centre to assign snapshots to footswitches (you have to be in stomp box mode) so this is all the same for the Helix, though I can't remember if I've specifically tried it.
    What I tend to do is have a default snapshot set (typically 2) and FS 7-11 set to snapshots 1,6,3,4 so a press on FS8 selects snapshot 6. In snapshot 6, FS7-11 are set to 1,2,3,4 and so on. So all 8 snapshots can be selected by a max of two button presses. The rest of the foot switches enable stomps etc.

The only downside is that the LED rings don't light up on the button pressed, but it's easy enough to work out from the label.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1686
    normula1 said:
    shuikit said:
    This is just using command centre to assign snapshots to footswitches (you have to be in stomp box mode) so this is all the same for the Helix, though I can't remember if I've specifically tried it.
    What I tend to do is have a default snapshot set (typically 2) and FS 7-11 set to snapshots 1,6,3,4 so a press on FS8 selects snapshot 6. In snapshot 6, FS7-11 are set to 1,2,3,4 and so on. So all 8 snapshots can be selected by a max of two button presses. The rest of the foot switches enable stomps etc.

The only downside is that the LED rings don't light up on the button pressed, but it's easy enough to work out from the label.
    Do you mean FS7-10? 4 buttons in total.. 

I'd love to see one of your patches in hx edit, share one? 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Command centre ! I hadn't looked there!

(I hadn't looked hard at all If in honest. Easier and more conversation starting to ask) 

Theres some good ideas here. 
    @normula1 that sounds very confusing , but I'm sure its logical when it's at your feet
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3682
    sgosden said:
    Command centre ! I hadn't looked there!

Command Centre really is key to unlocking the Helix so it's well worth getting to grips with it.

You don't need to be constrained to using either Stomp (switching individual 'pedals' on or off) or Snapshot.  You can assign any pedal to operate individual pedals or Snapshots within the same board.  Equally you can make a single footswitch operate more than one pedal simultaneously (without using Snapshots) or to change settings in an effect (rather than just on or off).

I have mine set so that I have the minimum number of pedals active for that song, that way I avoid hitting things accidentally.  If a song has just two states, say rhythm and solo, then I can have just two switches active (called 'Rhythm' and 'Solo') or even a single switch to toggle between the two states.  Press to go from 'Rhythm' to 'Solo', press the same switch again to go back.

• VoxsupertwinVoxsupertwin Frets: 338
    duotone said:
    Just gone back to Helix after 2 years trying/using inferior gear…..bought a rack for home studio use….excellent, like an old friend ….
    @Voxsupertwin ;
    What gear did you use before the switch back? Neural?
    EVENTIDE H9, Humboldt Preamp
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    normula1 said:
    shuikit said:

Do you mean FS7-10? 4 buttons in total.. 

I'd love to see one of your patches in hx edit, share one? 
    Yes, just the 4 buttons for all 8 snapshots... I typically have clean with modulation & delay, clean, crunch and lead, with alternates for snapshots 5-8.

More than happy to share a patch
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28745
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a pair of Boss FS5Us to emulate the record and play buttons of the looper? Because cello, I need to work them with my right foot, but because cello I can't put the whole thing to my right. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24662
    Sporky said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a pair of Boss FS5Us to emulate the record and play buttons of the looper? Because cello, I need to work them with my right foot, but because cello I can't put the whole thing to my right. 
    @Digital_Igloo ;
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited June 2023
    Sporky said:

I believe you can do it with Command Center.
    Just set them has FS4 and FS5 (you'll have to use a Y cable) and then set each one of them to the correct CC#:

MIDI CC#                Value        Function
    600-63: Overdub; 64-127: Record        Looper Record/Overdub switch
    610-63: Stop; 64-127: Play        Looper Play/Stop switch

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ace - thank you. I'll give that a go later. 
  • The Feedbacker looks awesome, I'm looking forward to playing with that.

• Nobels! Another Bass DI (I actually use the Sansamp one a lot)! A 'normal' 2203 to stop people going on about it! 

Awesome stuff can't wait to update and try it out. 
  • The 2203 is sooo good. Its the Marshall sound I have in my head. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2616
    There's a reverse reverb in there for all those attempting to sound like mbv guitarists out there. To be fair, lots of people have asked for it.

Think I'm mostly interested in the new amp models.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know it's boring but I'm really looking forward to the WhoWatt and Greenback cabs. I do love a firmware update.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

The non-linear reverb sounds like it'll do a gated reverb. That's nice. 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    I'm really liking the Prize drive ( on HX FX into an amp)

You never know if partially because it's a different sound that the old ears are used to but just had some great fun playing with it. 

To me it sounds very harmonically rich and just maybe a bit more interesting - I've been using the teemah model for my mid gain stuff.