Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3682
    The Feedbacker looks awesome, I'm looking forward to playing with that.
    I’ve just updated and Feedbacker is the first, in fact so far only, new feature that I’ve tried.  I’ve only tried it for about a minute and it’s clear that it will take some time to get to grips with it.  I’ll come back to it tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NON-LINEAR REVERB INTO DYNAMIC BLOOM!

• carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    The new amps are amazing.
  • For once I have a Helix product when an update is released! I’ve usually just sold it the week before.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    The 2203 is sooo good. Its the Marshall sound I have in my head. 
    yes, it's great. Once the update was complete I made a quick patch with the feedbacker, Scream808, 2203, my favourite 4x12 IR and dynamic room reverb (for headphone use). Instant rock tone without changing any settings at all! Once I activated the feedbacker I had to pull back its gain substantially and made one or two smaller adjustments to keep it under control but then I had it where I could leave it on all the time. Works great. 

However, there's hardly any scope to add more stuff to the patch on the Stomp because of DSP limits. 

• NPP said:
    The 2203 is sooo good. Its the Marshall sound I have in my head. 
    yes, it's great. Once the update was complete I made a quick patch with the feedbacker, Scream808, 2203, my favourite 4x12 IR and dynamic room reverb (for headphone use). Instant rock tone without changing any settings at all! Once I activated the feedbacker I had to pull back its gain substantially and made one or two smaller adjustments to keep it under control but then I had it where I could leave it on all the time. Works great. 

However, there's hardly any scope to add more stuff to the patch on the Stomp because of DSP limits. 
    Hopefully Stomp v2 will have enough dsp to cope with any combination of amp/fx.

The block number limit doesn't bother me, but running out of dsp with one amp/cab, a delay & one poly fx is a pita.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Woah ! Helix is the gift that keeps on giving! I’ve got a gig tonight so will update my hxfx and LT on Saturday.
  • Yep, still glad I got a Stomp and ignored the more recent modellers. 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    It’s incredible how much they have improved the Helix line since it was introduced….all for free. Bravo Line 6!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NOBLE BASS PREAMP

That is all :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2616
    edited November 2023
    Having first proper play this evening - liking the Kinetic and Aristocrat amps. Had a play with the Nonlinear reverb in to Bloom, then in to my Immerse, and very quickly got a decent riff going. The Nonlinear reverb has some similarities with my Afterneath. Think I prefer the Afterneath which is just as bloody well, given how much it costs!

Edited to add: And the Clarity amp is great for stacking reverbs - doesn't get muddy.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    I've never liked any digital overdrive until this Helix ODR-1. Really good, even up against some seriously pricey analogs I have 

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    edited November 2023
    https://uk.line6.com/software/

Internal Server Error 

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@line6.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Edit: I downloaded the update for Helix Native this afternoon. All is working well with Reaper. 

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24663
    NOBLE BASS PREAMP

That is all :) 
    I think it's over rated TBH. The real one.
    I can nail that sound with a T21 Paradriver, for 20% of the price.
  • The 2203 is sooo good. It’s the Marshall sound I have in my head. 
    This ^ in droves. 

Updated Native yesterday but only had a chance to play this evening. Thought I’d give everything a quick run through but spent an hour just playing classic rock riffs - so much fun!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The clarity amp is superb. 

One thing I did noticed  that irks me when I was testing the 2203 (which wasn't that great in my opinion)When you put a cab and amp on, high and low cuts aren't applied like they are when you put just a cab on.
  • Musicwolf said:
    The Feedbacker looks awesome, I'm looking forward to playing with that.
    I’ve just updated and Feedbacker is the first, in fact so far only, new feature that I’ve tried.  I’ve only tried it for about a minute and it’s clear that it will take some time to get to grips with it.  I’ll come back to it tomorrow.
    Have had a play today - my advice is reduce the gain down to 4.0 and set the interval to something less extreme like +1 octave and have it first in the chain, but leave everything else 'stock' (that will take more effort to learn!!). Found I could do some brilliant atmospheric stuff in combo with the new reverbs. 

Love the Prize Drive too, bridges the gap between a Timmy and a Rat but with some more warmth than either. Lovely. 
  • I’m liking the ODR-1. You can now do a faux Browne Protein, and it does sound good with the Nobels into the POT.

Feedbacker is very cool too.
  • Great update. Love the new Voltage amp since they were lacking the hot rod plexi thing which I miss from my old Atomic Amps firebox.

I'd love them to expand on the synth stuff that's legacy from the HD500. I'm sure they can get some sort of polyphonic synth going.
  • Just been playing with the feedbacker in helix native. Would definitely work better in a live rig but still got done nice sounds out of it in the DAW. God, I hadn’t updated since 3.17! So much stuff to fart around with…