Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

an unusual fact about yourself?

What's Hot

Comments

• My grandfather fought the Boxer rebellion at the siege of Peking. My Dad was a mid-upper gunner in a Lancaster bomber during the second world war. I have no military experience..................(I have seen a Space Shuttle launch though)
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    octatonic said:
    mike_l said:
    octatonic said:
    mike_l said:
    Due to a lack of a criminal record I'm banned from Australia. And octatonic's house.
    It is ok- I got the stains out of the sofa.
    Ban lifted.

You're the one who made the mess. Didn't even give me a reachround....
    On you, I and that transexual Russian hooker know the truth.

It's your word against mine, the hooker's in my neighbour's freezer (It's ok, they don't know yet....)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I get fan letters and Morrissey once asked me for my autograph

• bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    Neil said:
    I've been on the telly three times.
    not easy with the new flat screens I bet
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I once knocked one out in an aircraft bog at 36,000 ft.

Well..... come on.....   it was the closest I was going to get to the mile-high club.
    The mile-high tug!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grunfeld said:
    MattG said:
    I met iron maidens original lead guitarist playing at a village fait, he left iron maiden because he didnt think they were going anywhere...
    he doesnt like to talk about it
    Has anyone written a book interviewing people like this?

I can remember a fella telling me he turned down work at the last minute because it was a nice sunny day and he wanted a beer in the garden, and who the hell was Kate Bush anyway?  And the guy who'd managed a band for years but eventually decided to quit because it wasn't going anywhere, they were all getting on, and what was the point.  Of course the next thing that happened was that "Sultans of Swing" did okay but it was a bit late by then. 

I'd kind of like to know more about the ones that got away...
    My old English teacher was fired by Pink Floyd shortly before they got big. We asked him why but he never really answered. We assumed it was because he was shit.
    Use Your Brian
  • vizviz Frets: 11026
    @mattg - who, dennis stratton? I heard his and Dianno's side of the story - they're quite different :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I made a woman cry by not agreeing to have sex with her.
    My V key is broken
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    viz said:
    @mattg - who, dennis stratton? I heard his and Dianno's side of the story - they're quite different :)

Sorry it was back in the mid 2000's i cant remember which one it was now all i can remember is that his band was supporting Dr.Feelgood to raise funds for a village football team at a festival they call party on the pitch but alas POTPs records dont seem to go back before 2010 so even after some googling the name escapes me :(
  • When I was young (it's before my younger bro was born, so no older than 4 or 5), I broke my nose in a fall. I remember the pain like it was yesterday.

The unusual part is that although my entire immediate family was present - and I clearly recall being hunched over a tub with a profusely bleeding nose -  not a single one of them remembers the event, and they all tell me I must have imagined it as it "never happened".
    This despite the fact that my nose is so self-evidently busted that the only person I can look down my nose at is my-friggin-self

• Emp_Fab;92596" said:

Well..... come on.....   it was the closest I was going to get to the mile-high club.
    Legend.
  • If I had a past life I reckon I was just an ordinary bloke, no-one famous or anything.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Emp_Fab;92596" said:

Legend.

On a solo flight.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In my early twenties I got electrocuted whilst playing tennis in a thunderstorm (build up of static in the racquet) and for about two months afterwards was really, really good at snooker and was able to throw things with incredible accuracy. I regularly scored breaks of 70 or 80, having previously struggled to get into double figures, and could hit a fly with a ping-pong ball from a distance of over ten feet. It was like being a very shit sort of superhero.

I mean it might have been a coincidence but I like to think the shock temporarily triggered some sort of spatial-awareness connection in my brain.
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    i bowled Jimmy Greaves out in the nets at little baddow cricket club, when i was 14 years old ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    I once managed to eat a yogurt while receiving oral sex, without the lady administering said beej noticing.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    In my early twenties I got electrocuted whilst playing tennis in a thunderstorm (build up of static in the racquet) and for about two months afterwards was really, really good at snooker and was able to throw things with incredible accuracy. I regularly scored breaks of 70 or 80, having previously struggled to get into double figures, and could hit a fly with a ping-pong ball from a distance of over ten feet. It was like being a very shit sort of superhero.

I mean it might have been a coincidence but I like to think the shock temporarily triggered some sort of spatial-awareness connection in my brain.
    close thread.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • I once fingered a 15 year old girl.

Then again, I was 16 so not a big deal I s'pose.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    holnrew said:
    I made a woman cry by not agreeing to have sex with her.
    surprise sex!

an unusual fact about me is that all the unusual facts about me are actually unusual facts about other people.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    I once took Danny Baker round Chiselhurst Caves (I was a tour guide there). He was a really nice fella.
    So were Hale n Pace when they came to the caves.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.