Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

an unusual fact about yourself?

What's Hot

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2518
    I have several gold and platinum discs with my name on. None of them are for music.
    I also once shared a bath with Bill Beaumont.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    Amongst guitarists they are just impressed you have a job.
    How else can anyone afford to play music?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I met iron maidens original lead guitarist playing at a village fait, he left iron maiden because he didnt think they were going anywhere...
    he doesnt like to talk about it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bellycaster;66977" said:
    suspiciousminds said:

I bought Jo Brand a large pork pie when i worked at Safeway!

While she was waiting for the other one?
    Well, we had a drink with her in a hotel after seeing her at a gig, and after talking about where everyone works she said "i'll be in for a pork pie tomorrow".
    Lo and behold, in she arrives, for her pork pie!

Regarding Van Morrison, my mate served him in a hotel during the Brecon jazz festival - he thought he was vile.
  • Roland said:
    Amongst guitarists they are just impressed you have a job.
    How else can anyone afford to play music?

Ask my Pimp.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited October 2013
    my DNA is a blend of English born spic and porridge wog

I wonder if I should change my name to Pablo McClarkuez
    play every note as if it were your first
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bellycaster;66977" said:
    suspiciousminds said:

I bought Jo Brand a large pork pie when i worked at Safeway!

While she was waiting for the other one?
    Well, we had a drink with her in a hotel after seeing her at a gig, and after talking about where everyone works she said "i'll be in for a pork pie tomorrow".
    Lo and behold, in she arrives, for her pork pie!

Regarding Van Morrison, my mate served him in a hotel during the Brecon jazz festival - he thought he was vile.

I know very little about Van Morrison, but I bet he didn't order a Pork Pie. :D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • vizviz Frets: 11026
    MattG said:
    I met iron maidens original lead guitarist playing at a village fait, he left iron maiden because he didnt think they were going anywhere...

What, dennis stratton? Our very own Mike_strat is currently on tour with him.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I once shared a swimming pool with Pete Townsend.

I had lunch with the Queen and Prince Phil when they came to open a local Arts Centre.

I have also used the "I'm a guitarista" line at those stupid group meetings that require and ice breaker.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18305
    tFB Trader
    I tend to think my Mrs has the best one of these icebreaker things which is that she killed Mr Blobby. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I once cleaned Grotbag's windows.
    My V key is broken
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    MattG said:

What, dennis stratton? Our very own Mike_strat is currently on tour with him.
    A colleague's son was having lessons from him (Dennis Stratton not Mike_strat) 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I pissed down the back of Johnny Briggs' boots whilst stood on the tarmac at Palma airport when I was 3 years old.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Someone I knew at university had a friend whose brother had filled his car up at a petrol station and Sebastian Coe was at the next pump.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I pissed down the back of Johnny Briggs' boots whilst stood on the tarmac at Palma airport when I was 43 years old.
    Classy
    ;)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Pffft. I never liked Corrie.

• I once got into a heated row with Rory Bremner during boarding a flight after he insisted I should move seats to allow his lady friend to sit with him.  Had he asked with any semblance of manners I would have happily moved, but he was an utter cock and the captain had to be called and the flight was delayed whilst he had a hissy fit.  I then merrily sat next to him the rest of the flight whilst he said precisely zero.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    MattG said:
    One of my close circle of friends from college was the son of a former nightclub manager who turned down The Beatles before they made it big - he thought they were asking for too much and that they were nobodies who he told would never make it if they kept asking for so much.
    I went to primary school, secondary school and university with thom yorke and failed to understand how important it was to be in his band.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    FX_Munkee said:
    I have several gold and platinum discs with my name on.
    Yes, but you had to change your name to Side One first.