The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24723
    Healey is not an authority. He hates Saints. Always has.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11395
    I've just about recovered the power of speech.

Half time, London Irish 33 -10 Wasps. We were about as crap as it's possible to be. Our one try came from an interception. Irish were all over us. We were set for the most almight gubbing.

Full time: London Irish 36 - 39 Wasps. Tom Wiilis getting a hat-trick of tries, the last one in the 86th minute. Apparently the biggest comeback in Prem history and now puts us in with a chance of qualifying for the Champs Cup if we beat Leicester nest week in what should be a cracking game.

I'm exhausted and I was only watching it, heaven knows what the players must be feeling.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31021
    VIDEO: Exclusive interview with Gary Teichmann | PlanetRugby

So, I tried my hand at vlog-ing.

Have a watch- and hate me!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

edited June 2021
    Amazing - that site has form!

:D :D 
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4191
    My local club Sherborne which I used to coach junior rugby at has 3 players playing in the prem today so a 75% chance one will be lifting the trophy soon. Not bad for a club only formed about 40-41 years ago. One at Harlequins, one at Bristol and one at Exeter. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1387
    Delighted that one of my lads team mates is making his England U20 debut and has points on the board. Slightly upset that the French and giving them a bit of a dicking. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11395
    Cracking semi-final between Bristol and Quins, one of the best games I've seen for ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Absolutely brilliant. Exeter Sale not half bad either. Nowell is a class player
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    scrumhalf said:
    Cracking semi-final between Bristol and Quins, one of the best games I've seen for ages.
    That was possibly the greatest club game I’ve ever seen (but then I support Quins). Just unbelievable - have blown my voice out and shed a tear at the end. That team has spirit.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15709
    I was watching the quins bris game round me mums, my sister and her 3 adult children were there as well, none of whom are rugby fans. Even they got caught up in the drama and excitement of the 2nd half, then extra time. Absolutely bonkers. Will be a massive challenge for quins to lift themselves a 2nd time next week.
    Chiefs v sharks was a far more regulation affair, we were made to work hard but the match never felt like it wasn't in Chiefs control.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    I was watching the quins bris game round me mums, my sister and her 3 adult children were there as well, none of whom are rugby fans. Even they got caught up in the drama and excitement of the 2nd half, then extra time. Absolutely bonkers. Will be a massive challenge for quins to lift themselves a 2nd time next week.
    Chiefs v sharks was a far more regulation affair, we were made to work hard but the match never felt like it wasn't in Chiefs control.
    I agree. I’m a bit worried about that. Has echoes of England being magnificent against NZ and then collapsing against South Africa a week later. 
    But tbh, being as we finished 4th, I’m going to be pretty happy whatever happens :-) At least the final shouldn’t be another Saracens snooze-fest. 
    yeah, we have the sarries snoozefest to look forwards to next year :(

I’ve been going to the final for the last few years and the Saracens Exeter final in 2018 was the dullest game i’d seen in a long while. People were literally just chatting in the stands, looking at phones, mulling around in the sun whilst, incidentally, there happened to be a match on in the middle. 
    Come on Ealing!!!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Neill said:
    I think the Lions 15 has pretty much picked itself this past weekend, England have made Gatland's job a lot easier in fact I don't see a compelling case for picking any England player when you look across at the other nations.

No England players have been picked to face Japan in the warm-up game. Warren Gatland has chosen five Scots for the Lions opening warm-up match against Japan at Murrayfield, but for the first time in 71 years, no Englishmen will be represented in the starting XV.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4307
    Fretwired said:
    Neill said:
    I think the Lions 15 has pretty much picked itself this past weekend, England have made Gatland's job a lot easier in fact I don't see a compelling case for picking any England player when you look across at the other nations.

No England players have been picked to face Japan in the warm-up game. Warren Gatland has chosen five Scots for the Lions opening warm-up match against Japan at Murrayfield, but for the first time in 71 years, no Englishmen will be represented in the starting XV.

Don't read too much into that. They weren't there for the start of training and have been arriving in dribs and drabs. Besides Garland wants to have a good look at some of his possibles.
    Fretwired said:
    Neill said:

Amazing that, as it clashes with the Prem final.

• GassageGassage Frets: 31021
    Fretwired said:
    Neill said:

FFS.......None are actually contractually available to play 80 mins!!! They arrived a week later due to domestic commitments.

If anyone thinks that the test team will feature anything less than five English players, you're incredibly mistaken. Watson, Farrell, two hooker, Itoje and Curry will all start/feature.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    Are international caps being awarded for the Lions -v- Japan game?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum