What's Hot

Comments

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 189
    What did y'all think of Eng vs USA?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    TJT1979 said:
    What did y'all think of Eng vs USA?
    patchy, some good attacking but poor defending. Not really sure we uncovered any gems we didn't already know about. New players who stood out for me were Marcus Smith, Harry Randel and Freddie Steward, but we already knew about them. Woosisname, the starting tighthead looked good, I think he's a Tiger and he's been going well for them all season, always good to have some depth in the front row. Obano again does not seem to be a test level scrummager, which is a concern as we seem to be a bit thin on the ground for LH's. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2840
    Tad disappointed, quite impressed with many of the US team as individuals 

Ollie lAwrence and Big Joe showed why they could be very very good when they are on form, and also both showed a few things (only a few) of why they don’t get shoed in.
    hope Ollie L is ok, unexpected collisions like that always seem to be worse 

though Slade was ok / good but not brilliant
    Though Genge showed more of his negative attributes :(

the long list of back row forwards we have knocking on the door is much much longer than I thought 
    Oh yeah I thought Randall looked like he struggled at this level (and it was the US) - wasn’t poor but hopefully he gets better, which is certainly possible
    didn’t think MSmith showed a lot,  I thought he was average.  I hope it was just a quiet game for him
    edited July 2021
    Actually that sounds really critical -  I don’t really mean to be critical, I was just hoping for out of this world play  which is pretty unreasonable in these times at the end of a season
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 189
    Interesting... I thought Randall and Smith looked pretty good on the whole, albeit against a lower-tier team. Far from perfect, but with confidence and assuredness which we've seldom seen from England for a while. The defence was shaky, particularly in the second half where we conceded a few soft tries, but considering that most of the team were new that's probably to be expected. Underhill was solid as always.

The US full back was good - can't remember his name. Seemed a pretty good all-round player.

What did you mean by the Genge comment?
    I thought his name was Medallion, u til I saw that they all were called that :)

Well the first thing he did was drop the ball, and then after the ref below the whistle, he took out a player who a) didn’t have the ball, and b) the whistle had gone.  After seeing that maybe I just was biased to seeing him being rather over the top with his tackles and clear outs.  Maybe
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11410
    I feel sorry for Dan Robson. I think must now have more international time not playing at scrumhalf than he has playing at scrumhalf. The fear is that Jones now trhinks that Randall is the better prospect and Dan's internationakl career is over (at least until EJ buggers off).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4213
    scrumhalf said:
    I feel sorry for Dan Robson. I think must now have more international time not playing at scrumhalf than he has playing at scrumhalf. The fear is that Jones now trhinks that Randall is the better prospect and Dan's internationakl career is over (at least until EJ buggers off).
    I was thinking that, today would have been the ideal to start Robson and give Randall a cameo at the end, but looks like Eddie thinks he's not good enough but best we have until we find someone better. USA only been together since Wenesday after 20 odd months out. Crazy they can put a team together with a fat little prop on wing and still put 4 try's past England. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Wales Canada was similar in a way, caught Wales napping then Wales got it together for a comfortable win. But chucking so many players in the game got a bit disjointed like England game and scores were left out there. 
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    edited July 2021
    Jaysus. Lood de Jager just tested positive. Entire Boks squad in isolation.

They should really call it, and the figure out how to help SA Rugby from a financial POV. 

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just been reading it myself, looks like they are not taking this seriously at all. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24781
    Just been reading it myself, looks like they are not taking this seriously at all. 
    Don't worry, neither is Boris.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1392
    Looking forward to watching the back row in action- Curry, Navidi and Simmons.
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    Might not get a chance now, COVID now in the Lions camp, and postponing the game by an hour?! 

Methinks not much more rugby might be played on this tour :(
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31085
    This certainly clarifies everything.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Blimey - only 1 back in the reserves 
    And they are wearing the wrong shirts ! :)
    Don’t seem to be a problem for them so far.
    Wait til,they get tired :) or worse injured 

some very good play

and just for reminder I always said Adams ... ;)