The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24843
    If Ludlow doesn't get cited I'll be amazed.

That wasn't a yellow. Completely reckless contact to the head leading to the other player needing an HIA.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    I though Elliot Daly had the fastest pass of England’s scrum halves for donkeys years - who would have guessed L

• RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Was any of the Lions squad and their backup staff vaccinated before flying out to South Africa?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

I thought they all were - have more gone down?

• pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    sev112 said:
    I though Elliot Daly had the fastest pass of England’s scrum halves for donkeys years - who would have guessed L

Daly chosen as man of the match despite dropping the ball in midfield under no pressure and thereby gifting the Sharks a try. Whoever decided that award must be a Bok agent ...
    Given the amount of points given away itd be hard pressed to find someone who didn’t 
    Rocker said:
    Was any of the Lions squad and their backup staff vaccinated before flying out to South Africa?
    All of them.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    Marcus Smith has been called up.
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 190
    Pleased for Marcus. It must seem like the planets have suddenly aligned.

Agreed that Daly had a mixed bag. Some moments of lovely deft touches, and a few basic errors which should not be present at this level. Still I'd like to see him in an England shirt at 13. We have better full backs and better wings.
    Full back completely up for grabs, but Williams still in pole
    Adams  and McMerwe in good position, possibly Watson for the Scot because the media seem to like him a lot
    both centres up for grabs 
    Ali Price has looked good but Murray is test captain
    Props Sutherland and Furlong, 
    Hooker any one from 3
    Henderson and Itoje
    Beignets, watson and Conan for me

i think he will start with Biggar, Farrell and Harris, but I could still see him out Daly at 13 cos he seems to like him
    (presuming Henshaw still injured it not had a game

my lateral pick is that none of them play and have to come home

getting into this tour :)
    If Ludlow doesn't get cited I'll be amazed.

That wasn't a yellow. Completely reckless contact to the head leading to the other player needing an HIA.
    As expected...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57804772

He's been cited.

Springboks have just announced their "A" team for the Wednesday Lions match....

"A" squad my arse. This has just turned into a test match.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    "A" squad my arse. This has just turned into a test match.
    I thought this (the selection) was a spoof at first, but clearly not. In the olden days, this side would have been called the Junior Springboks and have featured young and up-and-coming players. I wondered, then, why they would pick such a strong side. I guess that the answer is that they have not played a Test match since winning the World Cup (apart from the recent game against Georgia) and need some game time together for the top team before the first Test. The Lions players have had plenty of Test time since then, although not as a team, of course. I think that, in the circumstances, it's a reasonable selection.
    Wow,  wow.  Different times of course
    but what does Gats do for selection norm? 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    Settling down to watch the Aus-Fra game.

I've never heard national anthems sung so badly. If I were playing I'd forget about the game and, on the ref's whistle, give the "singers" a damn good shoeing. The French one alone could start an international incident. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    edited July 2021
    Further to my question about vaccination of the Lions squad, surely the South Africans ought to have ensured that everyone who might play against the Lions or be involved with players should be vaccinated too. 

The tour looks like being diminished due to Covid, the tour should not have taken place or whatever steps needed should have been taken to ensure that everyone involved in the tour remains free of Covid. Personally I think the tour should have been put back to next year at least. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker said:
    Further to my question about vaccination of the Lions squad, surely the South Africans ought to have ensured that everyone who might play against the Lions or be involved with players should be vaccinated too. 

The tour looks like being diminished due to Covid, the tour should not have taken place or whatever steps needed should have been taken to ensure that everyone involved in the tour remains free of Covid. Personally I think the tour should have been put back to next year at least. 
    The Vaccination doesn't necessarily stop you from getting it. In some people it does, in others it only lowers the severity of the symptoms and stops them dying.

No vaccine has ever been a silver bullet. It's about increasing the odds of survival.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1983
    scrumhalf said:
    Settling down to watch the Aus-Fra game.

I've never heard national anthems sung so badly. If I were playing I'd forget about the game and, on the ref's whistle, give the "singers" a damn good shoeing. The French one alone could start an international incident. 
    I see France won - game any good?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    Yes, although the bit where I involuntarily dozed off may not have been. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom