The Rugby Union Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3886
    crunchman said:
    Schnozz said:
    England bonus point before 20 mins against Ireland.

I was at the match.  England were impressive, but it would have been a better match if it had been more competitive.

It does seem that the real competition is for second place as England are so much stronger than all the other teams. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 189
    I haven't seen any of the women's matches, and know little about it. Are France likely to compete for the win next week, or is it likely to be one-sided?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2850
    England haven’t played France yet,they are playing for first even before the first game

i enjoy it though, the game over recent years has got better and btter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11512
    France should be a cut above the other sides England have faced.  They beat Wales 40 - 0 today.  They are also undefeated so the match is the Grand Slam decider. 
    Sounds like it'll be worth watching, thanks!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2031
    drofluf said:
    crunchman said:
    Schnozz said:

I was at the match.  England were impressive, but it would have been a better match if it had been more competitive.

It does seem that the real competition is for second place as England are so much stronger than all the other teams. 
    The other teams have been warned to up their game (and have had plenty of time to). Apparently they're going to replace Wales with another English County next year, in order to make it more competitive; I believe its between Yorkshire and Cornwall, but Gassage will no doubt know more about the inside scoop. Someone high up said that it's just becoming a bonus point/points difference match for the other teams (cant remember the name). 

I thought it was nice to see a bit of atmosphere at Twickenham for a change. No Swing Low to be heard and less seating for unassociated corporate todgers.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    crunchman said:
    France should be a cut above the other sides England have faced.  They beat Wales 40 - 0 today.  
    I was at the match, France put out what was practically a second team with a lot of sevens players, knowing that they'd have the space to cut loose. 

The Welsh women's setup is in a very bad place at the moment behind the scenes and it's showing on the pitch with a serious lack of pace and professionalism. 

England have always been way out front but Wales are now looking like they're ten years behind Scotland, Ireland and Italy. 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1979
    edited April 24
    Schnozz said:
    drofluf said:
    crunchman said:
    Schnozz said:

The other teams have been warned to up their game (and have had plenty of time to). Apparently they're going to replace Wales with another English County next year, in order to make it more competitive; I believe its between Yorkshire and Cornwall, but Gassage will no doubt know more about the inside scoop. Someone high up said that it's just becoming a bonus point/points difference match for the other teams (cant remember the name). 

I thought it was nice to see a bit of atmosphere at Twickenham for a change. No Swing Low to be heard and less seating for unassociated corporate todgers.
    The other home nations simply can't compete with the financial and player resources available to England and any warning to up their game is just bullshit (if indeed it is the truth). The womens game in England has been Pro for well over 10 years. I can cite a girl who was in same school as my daughter back in 2014 (bog standard Kent secondary school)   She was scouted by English Rugby, attended training camps, was supported through Loughborough Univesity (including support for gaining a place). She didn't make the national team, I think she's currently a squad player at Harlequins. I think Wales finally  turned Pro 3 years ago..and it shows. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    My wife retired from international rugby in 2004, and England women were being paid even then, although not in the kind of contracts they have today. 
    There were a handful of full timers though. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2031
    6th place for the men and... 6th place for the women of Wales. Best of luck to Cornwall for 2025, following their promotion up into the Six Nations.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24829

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1418
    I can imagine the police sizing him up and thinking "f**k that, get the tasers out"
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31102
    There's very few players I've encountered in the game I'd file under 'Shit Bloke' but Billy Pies is top of my list.

Absolute bell end.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24829
    I can imagine the police sizing him up and thinking "f**k that, get the tasers out"

Inde is reporting they tazered him and it had no effect so they had to do it again.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Gassage said:
    There's very few players I've encountered in the game I'd file under 'Shit Bloke' but Billy Pies is top of my list.

Absolute bell end.
    I can't imagine you can say much on a public forum but I'd love to know why!!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1396
    What a game so far. Fitting final but Toulouse well on top imho
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31102
    That tackle by Cros on Doris. I actually heard it from the press box. Atomised.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1396
    Toulouse defence is sensational. Leinster are throwing everything at them and they are still holding out
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11418
    Well done Toulouse. Jack Willis was incredible.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    edited May 28
    We need a top quality 10. The Byrne brothers are decent URC level 10s, and Crawley is a TOP class utility back. We had all the momentum going into that second period of ET, and there was zero game management. I suspected we didn’t have the game to beat Toulouse, and both teams absolutely deserved what they got. 

Three finals on the bounce. I’m hurtin’ something fierce….

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.