The Fretboard Cycling Club

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Just discovered that they've built a new cycle path I can use on my commute. So now apart from a few quiet roads at the start the majority is now on this. And it finishes about 100m away from where I work!

Map shows worst bike theft hotspots in North West - Liverpool Echo

No cars, pedestrians or traffic lights, and it's not full of broken glass. Nice :D
    Mmmm smooooth... 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LogieLogie Frets: 443
    If only all roads were that good! I'm sick of being punted out of my seat on the shit B roads of Oxfordshire and Wiltshire :)
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4992
    Just discovered that they've built a new cycle path I can use on my commute. So now apart from a few quiet roads at the start the majority is now on this. And it finishes about 100m away from where I work!

Map shows worst bike theft hotspots in North West - Liverpool Echo

No cars, pedestrians or traffic lights, and it's not full of broken glass. Nice :D
    Mmmm smooooth... 
    Logie said:
    If only all roads were that good! I'm sick of being punted out of my seat on the shit B roads of Oxfordshire and Wiltshire :)
    Certainly makes a change from my usual commuting roads, they were fucking shite. Pot holes, bumpy crap tarmac and full of cars, buses and artics trying to kill you.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 309
    @littlegreenman hopefully wee'll see more of this
    Did a steady 50 miler yesterday, 30 mile headwind, for the first 20 felt like someone was sitting on my chest, just over 3,000 ft of elevation, so a bit lumpy and not good for my allergy to hills, ........I need a carbon bike........
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Jaycee ;

I've got a Cube Agree GTC Race. Great bike, excellent carbon frame, full Ultegra, decent Mavik wheels and you can pick them up for around £650 used. You need to go up a size compared to other makes. I'm on a 54 frame normally at 172 cm but on the Cube it's a 56.
    NBD

I hoped it would be better than my previous bike but it is like night and day, when I got out of the saddle on a hill I actually went quicker on all the hills, ....never happened before lol. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's lovely. I've had a few ally framed Defys but never had a go on their carbon frames.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    First club ride for 15 months for me on Sunday, 87km and just under 800m of climbing. More of this to come over the summer I hope.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3701
    50k through the edge of the Cotswolds via the Hanboroughs, Chalbury, Witney and Eynsham. Almost 400m climbing so tired legs now!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @drofluf ;

That’s generally my stomping ground of a lunchtime :)
    May see you out there one day! But I’m usually early mornings 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    Got my 4 year old doing his first complete downhill run today! Really nice track local to me, nothing technical just a nice flow and great for kids.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • T-shirt and ride number arrived today, 3 weeks to go on Sunday...

May be an image of text that says PENNINE EVENTS 2002 Huyton Asphalt B LIVERPOOL CHESTER CHESTER CASEEE 9044 Huyton Asphait Merseytravel LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    T-shirt and ride number arrived today, 3 weeks to go on Sunday...

May be an image of text that says PENNINE EVENTS 2002 Huyton Asphalt B LIVERPOOL CHESTER CHESTER CASEEE 9044 Huyton Asphait Merseytravel LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL

Excellent, which route are you doing?

• breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    crunchman said:
    I'm gradually getting fit again after doing almost nothing for a year.

I managed two laps of Richmond Park on Saturday, albeit pretty slowly.  My ambition now is to overtake somebody who appears to be under 70, under 18 stone, and on a road bike.
    That’s practically me , in Richmond Park, but on a tall Dutch bike, so I’m never passing anyone.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I'm back Zwifting after an almost 2 year break (since having my son).
    Work and parenthood means I'm not getting the miles in I used to (used to do 70-100 miles a week whereas now if I get 3 hours/50 miles in during the week I'm doing pretty well). I'm doing it to help lose weight initially rather than particularly gain a lot of fitness but once I'm back down at my healthy weight (about 76kg, I lose power if I'm lighter than that) I'll be doing more focused stuff to improve my fitness. 
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Jaycee said:
    T-shirt and ride number arrived today, 3 weeks to go on Sunday...

Excellent, which route are you doing?

The 50 mile Liverpool - Chester - Liverpool. Had originally planned on the 100 with the loop of Delamere forest as a solo ride but a bunch of guys from work signed up for the 50 so going to do it as a group.
    edited June 2021
    Staying with friends this weekend so we went for a 60 miler this morning to take in Sunningdale, Ascot, Virginia Water, Great Windsor Park etc. Got 15 mile into it and picked up a half inch gash in the sidewall of my new rear tyre. Went through two inner tubes limping 8 mile back to their house! Lovely scenery mind you
    45k this morning just on the edge of the Chilterns