Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Toys from your youth.

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBM said:

But the most dangerous weapon I had - which my dad took off me - was a Red Indian kit with a feather headdress and a proper, fibreglass bow and rubber-tipped arrows. But I thought the rubber-tipped arrows didn't fly very straight, so I took the rubber tips off. Then I discovered what that large cutter in the double-barrelled pencil sharpeners (the one which didn't fit any known pencil) was good for… I must have been about seven I think! The arrows were swiftly confiscated.
    Were you the inspiration for Dennis The Menace?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    ICBM said:
    I was born in '67
    ...The year of Sgt. Pepper, and are you experienced
    Into a suburb of heaven, yeah it should have been forever
    It all seemed to make so muuuuch sense
    But after a while, you realise tiiiiiiiiiiime flies
    And the best thing that you can do, is take whatever comes to you
    Because tiiiiiime flies
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73156
    Were you the inspiration for Dennis The Menace?
    Other way round, I'm not that ancient! :D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Cirrus said:
    ICBM said:
    I was born in '67
    ...The year of Sgt. Pepper, and are you experienced
    Into a suburb of heaven, yeah it should have been forever
    It all seemed to make so muuuuch sense
    But after a while, you realise tiiiiiiiiiiime flies
    And the best thing that you can do, is take whatever comes to you
    Because tiiiiiime flies

:D
  • axisus said:
    Born '63. My main stuff were action men, Marx men (same size as action men but with armour, viking gear, etc - pic below), and metal cars (matchbox, hotwheels etc)

That chap was what all Action Man toys looked like when Bertie was a boy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• That chap was what all Action Man toys looked like when Bertie was a boy.
    No, that was what futuristic action man toys looked like!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I thought that WAS Bertie.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had Lego, He-Man, ThunderCats, Teenage Mutant Hero (not Ninja back then) Turtles, The Real Ghostbusters, StarCom (awesome space based toys that used magnets).

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

Anyone else have any of these:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3465107_f520.jpg

No, but by golly did I want one.
    My V key is broken
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    I thought that WAS Bertie.
    I can give you 6 years,  grandad

forsooth
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    +1 The Bobby Charlton footy game
    Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 Jigsaws.
    Cyborg and Muton
    Little Big Man
    Tonka trucks (I spent my days trying to break them)
    Clackers
    Bow and Arrow 
    Guns and holsters,waist coat ,badge and hat! (sorry thats what the mrs is getting for crimbo)
    Action man Red Devil
    Raving Bonkers
    Pocket transistor radio (with radio luxembourg on it!!)
    Record player in a little case

• Wow this has been a topic to get everyone going. One other thing about your youth (1962 I was born) is the daft things we did with toys and how our imagination was let loose. I lived just down from a small quarry, we used to play up there, throwing action men with Parchutes over the edge, then climbing down to get them. Plus going down the really steep mountains on a sheet of hardboard, absolutely bonkers but so much fun when you flew off in mid air !
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    I forgot my favourite from about 1978. Steer 'n go. I wouldn't mind it again now!

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    ,,,and what about the thing you craved for badly but never got (as a few of you have mentioned)? Mine were extreme in that my poor old Mum and Dad could never have afforded them:

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    edited November 2013

@Lev

Blimey, I had an Astro Wars, just remembered.

In 1981 only the slightly better off families could get their kid an Atari system ;-)

I had one of those Tomy Dashboard efforts too and "Simon" was another thing that drove my parents daft.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Looking back on what seemed important to me at the time but was fairly soon after forgotten or broken, it seems like as kids we were a dreadful drain on our parents' limited resources. Although I enjoyed the toys of my youth I can't help wishing that the resources has been spent on something less ephemeral.
  • Anyone remember the first colour tv they seen ? I do kid at other end of street got one before anyone else, and we went to his house to look at it thinking Cor !!!!!!!!!!
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2493

@Lev

Blimey, I had an Astro Wars, just remembered.

In 1981 only the slightly better off families could get their kid an Atari system ;-)

I had one of those Tomy Dashboard efforts too and "Simon" was another thing that drove my parents daft.

My Dad got me and my brother an Atari 2600 around then. We weren't well off but my Dad was a teacher in a school at  the fairly rough end of town, one of his pupils "acquired" it for him for half the price it should have cost. I think this was considered a standard perk for the teachers working there :)
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Anyone remember the first colour tv they seen ? I do kid at other end of street got one before anyone else, and we went to his house to look at it thinking Cor !!!!!!!!!!
    The mate I used to hang around with, his grandparents two doors down the road got a colour telly, and he suddenly developed a liking for visiting his grandparents. Whereas in our house we considered ourselves lucky to have a black&white one that worked. It would pack up just before Christmas and the friendly man would come round and change enough valves to get it working just in time. Happened several years running. 
  • That 3D video game reminded me of my friend who had a Viewmaster. I also had a great toy called a Movie Viewer - shaped like a Super-8 cine camera, you held it up to the light, looked into the eyepiece and cranked a handle on the side to watch a cartoon. It took some form of cassette, unfortunately I never got round to getting any other cassettes apart from the one it came with (some Walt Disney cartoon) so I must have watched it hundreds of times. I was easily pleased in those days.