Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited November 2015
    That went in a few seconds from loads in stock to none. Either in someone's order queue or a dealer just bulk purchased.

Lots suddenly selling quick not just the junior. Guess the rest of the world/EU going for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've snagged a Cherry but I really wanted Vintage Sunburst - still, can't complain!
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    I've snagged a Cherry but I really wanted Vintage Sunburst - still, can't complain!
    Ditto! Lol. I had one in my basket in the queue in the coffee shop. By the time I got back to my desk, it had gone. I do like the cherry though! Will make a great second guitar for gigging. 
  • CeeBeeCeeBee Frets: 39
    TTony said:

How long do I have to wait until I put the claim in for a missing key, or a marked gig bag, or a broken string ???
    We have to get our act together on this to avoid suspicion - we can't all put in a claim for missing keys?

I plan on taking the hardcase for a scrape down the road, 'oh look it's damaged'.

Won't be using the case anyway.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28441
    CeeBee said:
    I plan on taking the hardcase for a scrape down the road, 'oh look it's damaged'.

Tell you what - scrape it in my direction @ceebee, and I'll send you pics of its damaged state when it arrives with me

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    CeeBee said:
    TTony said:

How long do I have to wait until I put the claim in for a missing key, or a marked gig bag, or a broken string ???
    We have to get our act together on this to avoid suspicion - we can't all put in a claim for missing keys?

Won't be using the case anyway.

I think those claims were for Amazon Warehouse items (ie returns) and not for brand new.

edited November 2015
    Tobacco standards now gone, a few cherry standards left and no one wants the amber.

Here is hoping I get a good one.

Yep, that headstock logo has finally been overlooked by the masses..... for the right price.

I don't recall new Gibson Les Paul Standards being discounted this much ever to sell out stock and as far as I recall they haven't sold this cheap new since 2001/2 ish.
  • kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    looks like the red is gone now too.
    I dont mind the mini tuner, could be quite handy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was so tempted. Had a cherry LP junior in my basket, but common sense overcame my lust...
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I'm still umming and ahhing over that CM. If it came with a case rather than a gigbag I think I'd have pulled the trigger by now, not much more than I paid for a secondhand Gordon Smith a few years back (which I miss lots :( ).
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28441
    IanSavage said:
    I'm still umming and ahhing over that CM. If it came with a case rather than a gigbag I think I'd have pulled the trigger by now, not much more than I paid for a secondhand Gordon Smith a few years back (which I miss lots :( ).
    It's just silly money @IanSavage

GuitarVillage and Peach had them at £399 last night, which had me very tempted.  I was planning a trip to Peach this morning.  But for £329 ... well, how could you not???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • When my LPJ arrives I'll be putting In a claim for " some child has scribbled on the headstock....." Reckon I'll get something. \m/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1279
    the question is - what tuners to stick on it when it arrives? I am almost certain I'm gonna hate the Gforce
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Are people seriously going to put a false claim in to Amazon on a guitar they've had for about 35% of its original price?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was tempted then realised that the necks are a disaster at any price for me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog;873367" said:
    Are people seriously going to put a false claim in to Amazon on a guitar they've had for about 35% of its original price?
    I think a few will.

And why not I say. It's not like Amazon has any morals with the amount of tax they actually pay. ;)
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    underdog said:

I hope they're joking!

The 'claims' reported in previous posts were all for genuine issues.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Don't really see people doing that tbh, I would hope most are just on the wind up...

I would genuinely return mine if it's duff or a poor top rather than seek compensation. If the case was damaged though even a little bit, I would expect a replacement.

Most of the standards sold out now. Guess even the amber will do in the absence of the bursts.