Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• kelv_wkelv_w Frets: 260
    + 5% NUS discount on top :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegone;873087" said:
    Amazon prices are daft , they have 1964 345s on there for £1750. By the time tou factor in partial refunds for case keys missing they would be practically free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00SLPELJC/ref=mp_s_a_1_27?qid=1448607914&sr=8-27&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=Gibson+2015

1 left and back to £2200. If I didn't have a 59 reissue 345 in burst already I'd have snaffled one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    To be fair though - this is good if you are local

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • david8199david8199 Frets: 105
    edited November 2015
    iseverynamegone;873087" said:
    Amazon prices are daft , they have 1964 345s on there for £1750. By the time tou factor in partial refunds for case keys missing they would be practically free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00SLPELJC/ref=mp_s_a_1_27?qid=1448607914&sr=8-27&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=Gibson+2015

1 left and back to £2200. If I didn't have a 59 reissue 345 in burst already I'd have snaffled one.

I saw your post on here and couldn't believe the price. I bought one and the second has shot up about £500! Hopefully everything turns up okay!
  • david8199;874121" said:
    iseverynamegone said:

iseverynamegone;873087" said:Amazon prices are daft , they have 1964 345s on there for £1750. By the time tou factor in partial refunds for case keys missing they would be practically free.

I saw your post on here and couldn't believe the price. I bought one and the second has shot up about £500! Hopefully everything turns up okay!
    Nice one man. It was a good price. Do a ngd. I'm about 6 month overdue on one for the 59 !
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    It's out for delivery and when my wife is out.....
  • Anyone else bag an SG Standard at £649? Pleased to see they are back at £899 now !

Ffs...got a duff one from Amazon (LP standard). the grain is terrible with scars and what look like dye runs all through it.

Side of fretboard damaged to looks like it has been over scraped.

Check yours carefully guys. Suspect this is returned or b stock that has gone to Gibson to be re sold.

Money won't make this right so they can replace it.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Amazon will swap it and no doubt compensate you they seem to have gone mental on that this year.

Sorry to hear but hope toy get a good one in exchange
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited November 2015
    If they have no 2015 left tell them you will accept a 2016. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2015
    Photos of issues here http://imgur.com/a/FcBrb.

Click to zoom. Not great photos but best I could take. The fret board side is like that all the way along (filed at 45 degree roughly/badly on binding between top and side) The body is much worse in person and the scars are quite dark running the whole length against the flame.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17495
    Sync said:

Click to zoom. Not great photos but best I could take. The fret board side is like that all the way along, the body is much worse in person and the scars are quite dark running the whole length against the flame.
    the fretboard is very badly done.  was it a warehouse one?  I suspect that is somebodies attempt to reduce the feel of theneck width.  I was actually considering doing simialr  to mine, although not that roughly

the "scars" look to be wood grain to me
  • Top looks nice to me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2015
    WezV;874724" said:

the fretboard is very badly done.  was it a warehouse one?  I suspect that is somebodies attempt to reduce the feel of theneck width.  I was actually considering doing simialr  to mine, although not that roughly

No this was new.

What the photo doesn't show that well which you need to see in natural light is the huge variation in the dye/stain which runs opposite to the flame. Zoom in and you can see the zig zags.

It's odd, I have seen some poor caps/finish on Gibsons in my time but nothing like this. A small bit I could live with.
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    Bad luck man, the fretboard looks really bad. The scars just look like mineral streaks which I actually like, unless Im looking at the wrong thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2015
    goat;874747" said:
    Bad luck man, the fretboard looks really bad. The scars just look like mineral streaks which I actually like, unless Im looking at the wrong thing.
    It's one of those where with the flash it looks ok. See it in real life and its like eughhh. I like natural wood too and I'm not normally that fussy lol.

The fretboard though is not repairable and would need re binding although I could imagine that this will go through as a bargain warehouse deal so for that I am sure other players won't be as fussed.

Serves me right for breaking my one and only rule for guitar buying and that is never buy blind lol.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    WezV;874724" said:
    Sync said:

Click to zoom. Not great photos but best I could take. The fret board side is like that all the way along, the body is much worse in person and the scars are quite dark running the whole length against the flame.

I was about to say the same, I'd say that someone has tried a DIY "fix" of the neck then sent it back.

Oh and I really like the top :D
    edited November 2015
    Well after a long session on the chat, Amazon can't do anything, return only. Then it's a waiting game for the refund.

Good thing I don't need to worry about 1k of my money being tied up for over a week.....oh no wait.