Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Sync;874806" said:
    Well after a long session on the chat, Amazon can't do anything, return only. Then it's a waiting game for the refund.

That's crap and I guess means they've sold their 2015 stock of that model?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    That looks like someone tried to sort the feet ends with a bastard file
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    Hope they sort you quickly, they're usually pretty efficient.

You'd wonder how the hell obvious stuff like this gets through quality control. I had a 2015 Special with a fairly substantial pube under the nitro on the neck binding, curled right around the 7th fret marker. Every time I glanced down at the guitar it winked up at me.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    @goat said:
    Hope they sort you quickly, they're usually pretty efficient.

You'd wonder how the hell obvious stuff like this gets through quality control. I had a 2015 Special with a fairly substantial pube under the nitro on the neck binding, curled right around the 7th fret marker. Every time I glanced down at the guitar it winked up at me.
    Genuine LOL for that :) 

• PSA - pubic service announcement: gibson blowout etc
  • There's still a shit load of 2015 stock kicking around so i'd expect another big sale come Boxing Day.

Fortheloveofguitar;874937" said:
    There's still a shit load of 2015 stock kicking around so i'd expect another big sale come Boxing Day.
    I think juniors and DCs are thin on the ground at the moment, or seemed to be when I was looking around

• underdog said:
    There's still a shit load of 2015 stock kicking around so i'd expect another big sale come Boxing Day.
    I think juniors and DCs are thin on the ground at the moment, or seemed to be when I was looking around

Sorry i meant to say Les Pauls in general.  Still loads of classic, Standard, Less plus models. Amazon wont want these hanging around forever and they certainly wont shift them unless they practically give them away like yestrday  
    Fortheloveofguitar;874957" said:
    underdog said:

Fortheloveofguitar;874937" said:There's still a shit load of 2015 stock kicking around so i'd expect another big sale come Boxing Day.

Sorry i meant to say Les Pauls in general.  Still loads of classic, Standard, Less plus models. Amazon wont want these hanging around forever and they certainly wont shift them unless they practically give them away like yestrday  
    Must say I'm impressed with the tuners and neck so could be tempted by one of the more expensive models.

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    I'm glad to hear overall reports are good barring the lp standard. Still waiting here, Amazon logistics don't give any indication of time of delivery. Good thing it isnt a nice day :)
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited November 2015
    underdog said:
    Fortheloveofguitar;874957" said:
    underdog said:

Fortheloveofguitar;874937" said:There's still a shit load of 2015 stock kicking around so i'd expect another big sale come Boxing Day.

Must say I'm impressed with the tuners and neck so could be tempted by one of the more expensive models.

I mentioned in another thread that i played some in the U.S last week and although i could clearly feeling the difference in the neck immediately i could live with it no problem for certain styles of playing. I couldn't use it as a Zakk Wylde shred style less paul but for classic rock ala Slash it would be fine.

The tuners got my back up though as it simply wouldn't tune the top e despite the strings being stretched in properly but then again i didn't hang around long enough to try in manual mode. Either way its not a deal breaker.

The only thing i would keep an eye on is how soft that brass nut is as i've read more complaints about that than anything but Gibson will send you a new one made from a harder material but they are a little slow in sending it.

I still have my eye on a Less plus but they didn't come down futher in price like a few of us were hoping for 
    Re: the tuners I liked the individual string tuning mode , so it does it one string at a time, seemed to tune it very quickly. It worked fine in normal mode, but when it done one string at a time I could hear they were in tune if that makes sense :D
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    underdog said:

Amazon don't have any les Paul standards left, the ones listed are all supplied by Richtone
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1279
    Mine will be with me on Tuesday as I chose the " don't give a shit" mail option, even though I'm a prime member. I wasn't going to become to receive it until Monday anyway so it worked out well.

NGD incoming and NAD too.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10103
    Yep, mine (due yesterday) is suddenly delayed...hmmm
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited November 2015

I've heard of two [Gibson] orders cancelled by Amazon due to no stock, and none arriving in the near future. In other words Amazon had x amount in stock, but sold x+2, the unlucky two received an email yesterday. One a LPJ, the other a LP trad (I think).

It would be interesting if anyone else's Amazon order is cancelled for the same reason.

• SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited November 2015
    underdog;874819"

[/quote said:

So I have checked out how it was packaged/sealed now with my local dealer and it looks as though it was straight from the factory/Gibson.

What I don't get, if that is the case, how I can make a flawless guitar (albeit oil finish) using my kitchen, my shed/workshop, 100 hours and £1.5ks worth of tools, yet Gibson with a multi million $$ facility and team of experienced luthiers can't.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sync said:

[/quote">
    underdog;874819"

[/quote said:

So I have checked out how it was packaged/sealed now with my local dealer and it looks as though it was straight from the factory/Gibson.

What I don't get, if that is the case, how I can make a flawless guitar (albeit oil finish) using my kitchen, my shed/workshop, 100 hours and £1.5ks worth of tools, yet Gibson with a multi million $$ facility and team of experienced luthiers can't.
    my 2 have been fault free, the setup was a bit pants but thats a personal thing
    from my hands on experience/ownership I really dont get half of the complaints
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson don't have luthiers, they have factory workers :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8629
    Sync said:

[/quote">
    underdog;874819"

[/quote said:

The key here is probably the hours used, at minimum wage your guitar cost you near £800 in your own labour, you just had the option to give it for free. For Gibson to sell a USA guitar a rock bottom prices they will need to knock these out with 2 hours labour. Yes they have a modern plant with lots of automation but still human intervention is still required and it will lead to inconsistency at best - which is what this thread points to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom