Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• mortmort Frets: 720
    edited November 2015

All Standards now gone apart from one trans amber

Edit - now gone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CeeBeeCeeBee Frets: 39
    underdog said:
    Are people seriously going to put a false claim in to Amazon on a guitar they've had for about 35% of its original price?
    I was joking..... If I'm not happy I'll just send back for a refund.

Not sure about the g force tuners, I bought a 2014 standard from GV that had min-e-tune. It always tuned the low e sharp and I could never fix it, so it came off and replaced with Grovers.

Easy enough to replace though. The g force is supposed to be improved over the min-etune. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8629

underdog said:
    Are people seriously going to put a false claim in to Amazon on a guitar they've had for about 35% of its original price?
    I would hope not - although there is something a bit pikey about this thread
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    mort;873381" said:
    underdog said:

I hope they're joking!The 'claims' reported in previous posts were all for genuine issues.
    That would be my concern, that down the line people with genuine claims are ignored by the retailer.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    CeeBee;873388" said:
    underdog said:

I was joking..... If I'm not happy I'll just send back for a refund.

Not sure about the g force tuners, I bought a 2014 standard from GV that had min-e-tune. It always tuned the low e sharp and I could never fix it, so it came off and replaced with Grovers.

Easy enough to replace though. The g force is supposed to be improved over the min-etune. 
    On this version of the tuners you can fine tune the settings so they are in tune to your ear so to speak. Not sure you could do that on the 2014 version, so any little things like that should be sorted with a quick read through of the instructions.

The tuners was the big reason I wanted the guitar, I know I'm in the minority, but from the experiences I've had with them as long as its charged and used correctly it works well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10104
    When you get your 2015s, follow the instructions carefully ! Fully charge the G Force and you'll get good results
  • The DC keeps going in and out of my basket... no pun intended.
  • DC special ordered. Should be here tomorrow.

£385 at Amazon.

• piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 119
    edited November 2015
    So ridiculously gutted I've missed out on all of these offers...couple of pages back I mentioned how I ordered a classic from DV247 - they the proceeded to sell that guitar on to someone else. My finance stayed in limbo yet to get a different guitar from them I have to apply for finance again and wouldn't be on the same terms. This was only clarified today as I've missed out on all of these deals. So so frustrating an really disappointed in them as a retailer.  Should have pulled the trigger on a junior this morning but decided to wait out the finance to see if they could do anything.
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    Amazon have a 'pay monthly' facility - have you tried that?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mort said:
    Amazon have a 'pay monthly' facility - have you tried that?
    Didn't necessarily need the finance - could have bought one but I was waiting for it to come though which annoyingly they could have easily told me yesterday what I needed to know and didn't! 

• @piercelmno with so many sold there are bound to be returns popping up on the Amazon warehouse site - will let you know if I see any!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I'm going to keep an eye out! But maybe it's a sign I don't need another guitar....

....but that sounds ridiculous!
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    @piercelmno with so many sold there are bound to be returns popping up on the Amazon warehouse site - will let you know if I see any!
    That thought had occurred to me as well. Well worth keeping an eye on the Warehouse deals over the next few weeks also, plus the Warehouse 10% discount. Could be more good deals to be had yet
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    I reckon many will turn up 2nd hand in classifieds, Gumtree, Ebay etc, after the bargain hunt syndrome wears off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine will just go back if I'm not 100% happy with it.  Never tried the necks on these and they certainly seem to upset a lot of people, so will be interesting to see if I dig it or not.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2590
    It's a bit different than the usual Gibson profile, 1/10th of an inch wider at the nut. String spacing is the same as usual though. IMO it takes about 5 minutes to get used to it but it's not a deal breaker. No different to changing between a Fender and Gibson neck
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited November 2015

DC special ordered. Should be here tomorrow.

£385 at Amazon.

Back up to £490 now.

Edit: Amazon sold out, Musik Produktiv GmbH. selling them for £490 

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1279
    I've made so much fuss about these 2015's and now, on the eve of getting one, I am so bloody excited! Maybe it's the fact that it's the bargain of the century.

It could also be the fact that I've ordered a Pink Taco and 1x12 combo from Peach.....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ordered a red lp junior this morning.