Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    mort said:

Yellow LP Junior will be an Amazon 'Cyber Deal' tomorrow just after 2pm

As the current price is £499 I doubt it will be offered for silly money, but worth keeping an eye on.

If you want one make sure you're a Prime member as they get a 30 min head start over non-Prime members.

The last round of Juniors were offered on a Lightning Deal for £389, so there could be quite a potential reduction there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Oh now a yellow junior would be lovely but I'm not a prime member sadly.
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    underdog said:

The deal will be available to non-prime members at 2.40pm (if there are any left)

Alternatively, use the 30 day free trial if you can.

• strtdv;868224" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

strtdv;867980" said:The LP Less Plus is really tempting actually. Replace the toggle switch with a standard pot and get some covered humbuckers and you should have a cracking guitar.

Not quite as simple as putting a pot in as the whole harness is one large pcb

Easier to just change all the pots out and rewire which would still be cheap enough to do.

I was aware of that, but still not a big or expensive job. You're probably better off removing the PCB harness anyway.

Yeah still really cheap to do. My father in law has one of the models with the harness and it looks cheap and nasty so better to swap the whole thing
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    I did a harness swap on a studio and it was £20 including CTS pots and orange drop capacitors. Worked out at £45 had I used Gibson branded pots.
  • Seriously tempted by a les Paul less model now.

The weight and thickness of the standard model body digging in is one of my gripes and this solves that.

Plus there's better access to the high frets with the thickness reduction.

Mmm

Wow £350 for the junior in yellow
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    All gone!
    mort;869674" said:
    All gone!
    It shows 6 in stock but all sold out, so according to their stock levels they had allocated 3 guitars to the deal, which is a shame as I'd have bought at that price.

• I've grabbed a VS Special and a VS Junior, the Special now has Schaller tuners after it proving near impossible to properly stretch strings in (daft string securing method on the G Force) plus i think we humans are pretty good at tuning, certainly I felt my brain was faster that G Force identifying what needed to be done in tuning terms.  The Junior will have the same plus a slight shave of the neck at the side, that was even wider than the Special.  A bargain and both are being used regularly. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog;868343" said:
    I signed up to prime last night.

I looked at how much I'd spent on postage in the last 6 months and it came to more than £79 so was a no brainer.

• Anybody tried Gibson Les plus guitar,699£ @dv247.
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited November 2015
    telestratjazz;871198" said:
    Anybody tried Gibson Les plus guitar,699£ @dv247.
    Yes, they are brilliant and way under valued. With the right marketing and name (honestly who thought of less plus), plus not being hampered by the 2015 signature; they could have sold out at full price.

Basically a LP stab at a PRS.

I will be buying one but the price keeps falling. When it hits £600-£650 on Friday one is mine.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sync said:
    telestratjazz;871198" said:
    Anybody tried Gibson Les plus guitar,699£ @dv247.
    Yes, they are brilliant and way under valued. With the right marketing and name (honestly who thought of less plus), plus not being hampered by the 2015 signature; they could have sold out at full price.

I will be buying one but the price keeps falling. When it hits £600-£650 on Friday one is mine.
    OK,let's wait until Friday.Amazon price is 900+,so I don't expect nothing more going down.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Seriously tempted by a les Paul less model now.

The weight and thickness of the standard model body digging in is one of my gripes and this solves that.

Plus there's better access to the high frets with the thickness reduction.

Mmm

I almost went for one tonight. The planets are aligning, the missus have given the thumbs up, I've never owned a Gibson and something is still holding me back. Think I'll wait until Friday too. Just in case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sync;871239" said:
    [quote="telestratjazz;871198"]Anybody tried Gibson Les plus guitar,699£ @dv247.

[/quote]

I'm hanging on until Friday too, hoping they'll hit a £600 price barrier
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2590
    I've just had an unexpected windfall (HMRC gave me a substantial tax rebate), so I'm seriously considering one of the Less Plus' now..
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • Got a LPM from Amazon  Marketplace delivered this evening, £377 Guitar and case mint with all tags booklets, charger cable and plug etc.
    Carton had a bit of tape damage, other than that...... perfect :)
    Now to break the news to the wife ;(
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Joe_Totale;871655" said:
    Got a LPM from Amazon  Marketplace delivered this evening, £377 Guitar and case mint with all tags booklets, charger cable and plug etc.

Carton had a bit of tape damage, other than that...... perfect :)

Now to break the news to the wife ;(
    Wow how did you get that price. Cheapest I could find was £574?