Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4903
    Cabicular said:
    Update
    So arrived today wrapped in a poly bag which had torn so the case was a bit scuffed at the corners
    One of the catches is a little bent
    The guitar itself is fine plays really nicely
    There is some tarnishing on the top two tuners of the g force system but I'm not too bothered by that
    Fret ends are a bit rough so they will need a bit of attention
    Fretboard could use some oil it's a bit dry but I'm nitpicking.
    I can see why the neck is devisive but I quite like it
    I certainly don't struggle with it
    Finish is as good as any production Gibson I've seen (id there are some tiny issues but nothing to get my knickers in a twist)
    In view of the issues Amazon refunded 145 quid so all in all it has cost me 575 for a more or less new Les Paul Deluxe in Pelham Blue
    I'm pretty happy with that :)

That is a crazy-good deal.

What sort of weight are the Deluxes?

Mine was over 10.5lbs - they're not light
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    Well still can't bring myself to order one of the 2015 dv247 Gibsons.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    dern;854945" said:
    iseverynamegone said:

Sync;852997" said:Will guitar village price match on any of these dv247 deals? I cyan stomach a standard at that price but tempted by a trad or classic.

Only if you take a toddler in with you holding a bar of warm chocolate and possessing an inquisitive nature.

Ha. I took my wife and two daughters in to guitar village when I wanted to buy a resonator. The girls were something like 6 and 9 and they politely asked if my wife could take them in to the amp room and stay there while I browsed. Everyone was a winner :)
    I'd tell them I will take them to wait in another guitar shop that wasn't so judgemental and presumptuous about the behaviour of my children and while I'm there I will spend my cash.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ordered a traditional from DV247 on tuesday afternoon, emailed them to ask if they could hold off on posting until thursday so it'd arrive monday (i've got the day off).  

Got a nice email back pretty quick saying that was no problem.  Great!

Got an email this morning saying that my order has been "confirmed".  I guess it's gonna come later than monday.  Probably when I'm at work and my mrs is at home, so I'm gonna be in big trouble.  Thought I could just sneak it in and she'd be none the wiser.  Thanks a lot DV247! haha 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
      Thought I could just sneak it in and she'd be none the wiser.  

I did this a few weeks ago - guitar delivered while she was at work. Box up in the loft, guitar hidden in the with the other 12, jobs a good 'un.

I did my normal routine of taking photos as I unpackaged, just in case the guitar was damaged.

A few days later I took some photos of the garden for her and she asked to see them on the TV (I just take the sd card out and stick it in the telly). I forgot about the unpacking photos!!! Bollox!!!

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited November 2015
    A long day travelling back from Italy but home to a surprisingly nice top.! nice thick neck too , just a shade less meat than my 345 59 reissue.

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    That's a nice looking geetar
  • @iseverynamegone that's gorgeous looking - now my trigger finger is really getting itchy...

This was a pretty good PSA, eh! :)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    That's nice :)
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited November 2015
    Fingerboard needs oil. Tuners likely to be replaced if I keep it, but system seems to work well. Fretboard width seems a none issue to me. Zero fret fine. Case is gold , but apart from that's it's very nice :-)

Hologram is foul!

I'd say 899 is great value.
  • @redrighthand. You started the itch so get scratching. :-)
  • Cabicular said:
    Well Amazons delivery partner Yodel have knocked it out the park again
    Package started in Fife (10 miles away) to be delivered to Edinburgh
    Was Sent to Oldham this morning and is currently in Cheshire

FUCK SAKE

Cabicular said:
    (It's a nice rug... fuck off)
    imageimage

Not usually that keen on blue les pauls but it looks great with the mini hums. 

What a bargain!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another PSA - Amazon have a "like new" studio in desert burst for £504.
  • Some of the DV247 listings now say "usually shipped in 1-10 days".

Does this mean "pay now, we'll take your money, then tell you it's out of stock and pay you back in a couple of weeks"?
  • My traditional did actually arrive today as DV247 promised.  Mrs will never know.  Cheers DV247.

First thoughts opening the case "Holy shit that looks expensive".  Came absolutely nowhere near in tune, the robot got it perfectly in tune quicker than I'd be able to I think. 

Hologram doesn't bother me at all.  Couldn't care less.  Neck doesn't seem overly wide or anything to me, plays fine. 

Alternate tunings a bit dumb.  They should've put a bit more cash into it and put a little LED screen on it so that you can scroll through named tunings instead of having to remember the tuning you want is "G" in bank 3.  For me that's the big issue with the thing, it is really useful for alternate tunings but it interface is so retro and unfriendly.

I'm really happy with it though.  I paid the same for my Midtown Custom which feels like a lot of guitar for the money and this feels 4 times more expensive. 
  • A long day travelling back from Italy but home to a surprisingly nice top.! nice thick neck too , just a shade less meat than my 345 59 reissue.

Is that a Trad? Nice top!
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    My traditional did actually arrive today as DV247 promised.  Mrs will never know.  Cheers DV24

Glad your cunning plan worked!

Post some photos if you can.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @gearaddict yes that's a Traditional. Just debating whether to keep it now.

Be interested to see the top on others bought here.
  • Why the debate?
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Wine Red Dlx in the used section for £778.00