Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• redrighthand;852040" said:
    [quote="Evildurka;851863"]The LPM's at £419 are insanely priced. Might grab one of them to with the double cut special
    Interesting in "real life" pics the ebony model looks brown - much nicer IMO:

http://www.themusiczoo.com/images/10-28-14/22263_LPM_Transparent_Ebony_2015_150012840_1.jpg
    [/quote]

Ive just googled that model in 'images' and it looks completely different to Gibsons stock image.

Looks bloody lovely infact
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to say I get more and more tempted to pull the trigger on 
    Either the junior or the Les Paul Classic

I presume you can pull out the boost and replace the coil tap with a decent tone pot with a bit of DIY.

I have a great set of Timbuckers sitting in a box at the moment that would drop in nicely along with a decent harness. 

Ho Hum Cheery Sunburst is always a lure
    This - I have some WCRs waiting for something bursty. Very tempting - a bit of thinners would get rid of that logo wouldn't it? 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I'm looking for a studio at the minute. Some of these prices are cheaper than used.  :-O

Thought I'd treat myself after this morning's root canal at the dentist. Well I'm out now and he quoted me 450 for a new crown, so it's either dental beauty or a new guitar...
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    edited November 2015
    Guitarguitar just put up a 2013 50's Tribute LP for £399 (for 12 hours only) - that's a steal if I ever saw one...

• Whitecat said:
    Guitarguitar just put up a 2013 50's Tribute LP for £399 (for 12 hours only) - that's a steal if I ever saw one...

Wowzers, that's a bargain.

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1657
    edited November 2015
    Whitecat said:

Ha. Asked for a cheeky deal on an ex demo one yesterday and was told no.

The live chat guy said 'be sure to check out our daily deals, tomorrow at 11.00'.

:D

Oh wait: £20 delivery to NI. 

Gah... 
  • If it wasnt for that colour I would be all over that deal, just reminds me of a time best forgotten. Great spec though, P90's and a 50's style neck
  • preston61 said:
    If it wasnt for that colour I would be all over that deal, just reminds me of a time best forgotten. Great spec though, P90's and a 50's style neck
    I used to think the same until I saw @setzer 's C5. Looked gorgeous in the flesh. 

Vids of the wine red LP tribute look a lot better than the stock pics too. 
  • Ordered an LP Traditional.  Don't really need one but it's a good price and I figure I'd be able to sell it without taking too much of a hit if I don't like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Well Amazons delivery partner Yodel have knocked it out the park again
    Package started in Fife (10 miles away) to be delivered to Edinburgh
    Was Sent to Oldham this morning and is currently in Cheshire

FUCK SAKE
    8reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    Will guitar village price match on any of these dv247 deals? I can stomach a standard at that price but tempted by a trad or classic.
    It's on its way back I believe ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sync;852997" said:
    Will guitar village price match on any of these dv247 deals? I cyan stomach a standard at that price but tempted by a trad or classic.
    Only if you take a toddler in with you holding a bar of warm chocolate and possessing an inquisitive nature.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Wait a minute......there is usually more than one way to skin a Cat.
    The neck may be too wide at the nut.....but how wide can it be halfway up the neck?

What about paying some f*cker a few quid to play the cowboy chords at your gigs?
    After all.....that is what BB King did.

I reckon this becomes viable as soon as a Les Paul Deluxe dips below £675.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17493
    edited November 2015
    Skipped said:
    The neck may be too wide at the nut.....but how wide can it be halfway up the neck?

I think they added the same extra width all the way up, which is 2mm ish, but never actually changed the string spacing by much

so gibson nuts are normally 43mm wide at the nut and about 56mm wide at the last fret  (all approx).  that becomes 45mm and 58mm.   so that makes it 4.6% wider at the nut and 3.5% wider at the last fret.   assume 4% wider half way up the neck

• Dv247 living up to expected standards at this stage.

Day 2 and no shipping confirmation or email beyond the automated "we have your money"

Bless.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    I played one of the LPMs tonight, and it was really nice. I can't see the problem with the neck width (though I've been playing my Defil most of the time and that is like a medium sized tree), but the tuners are brilliant. Really impressed with them. The finish and frets seemed perfect too and when it's owner dropped it a while later the headstock even stayed on. Think the case was the best bit though, they are lovely.

It was this colour and looks loads better than in the pictures

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5529
    Ive reviewed briefly elsewhere on here my findings...

I find most Gibsons disappointing,mwith the exception of a £3300 (!!) R4 I owned. But i recently purchased a 2015 LP Jr which was surprisingly good.

I loved the G Force tuning system, which actually works very well if you like alternative tunings AND follow the manual ! The finish and looks were great; mine has had to go back because of the jack problem.

Im gonna get another methinks...

is that you sending something back Warren....:) . 

Update
    So arrived today wrapped in a poly bag which had torn so the case was a bit scuffed at the corners
    One of the catches is a little bent
    The guitar itself is fine plays really nicely
    There is some tarnishing on the top two tuners of the g force system but I'm not too bothered by that
    Fret ends are a bit rough so they will need a bit of attention
    Fretboard could use some oil it's a bit dry but I'm nitpicking.
    I can see why the neck is devisive but I quite like it
    I certainly don't struggle with it
    Finish is as good as any production Gibson I've seen (id there are some tiny issues but nothing to get my knickers in a twist)
    In view of the issues Amazon refunded 145 quid so all in all it has cost me 575 for a more or less new Les Paul Deluxe in Pelham Blue
    I'm pretty happy with that :)
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom