Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• http://imgur.com/s0tx57S Quick pic I took earlier. It's stunning in person. Back and sides are quite sexual too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    bobliefeld;859462" said:
    http://imgur.com/s0tx57S

Quick pic I took earlier. It's stunning in person. Back and sides are quite sexual too
    That's a lovely looking top.

• Well @bobliefeld and @iseverynamegone I kinda regret not acting on my own PSA now so if you decide not to keep your Trad drop me a PM!
  • Anyhow here's TWO MORE PSAs relating to 2015 Gibsons. Both Amazon warehouse deals so they may have some scratches - but they seem to come with the Amazon returns policy and are well priced:

Cherry red LP Jr. For £389: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00NAVTLGU/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

TV yellow LP special for £438: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00NAVTM0K/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all
  • Guitar Guitar doing the 2015 LPM for £499

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/christmas/detail.asp?stock=14091010312832

I went into GG on Friday and had a look at the 2015's. Being a Gibbo virgin and having no real standard to compare it to it felt ok, nice finish, seemed a decent guitar apart from the neck. There seems to be about 4-5mm between the high and low E and the fretboard edge, it feels really wide to me. I'm glad I tried it without any sort of prejudice but I can now see what all the talks been about. Shame really as £500 isnt a bad price.

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I honestly don't notice it after the first couple of minutes
    But I have big hands and find shallow/skinny necks a bit cramp inducing
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    If that was tobacco sunburst, if be stretching the creditcard!
  • The DV247 LPMs are £419 chaps. @Parker looks like you've missed the sunburst ones. http://www.dv247.com/news/Gibson Guitar 2015 Stock Clearance Sale /133571
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got back from the states and played some of these 'infamous' models.

There's no reductions over there as they're apparently selling well, mmm.

The neck is pretty chunky and i cant really see why they decided to do it in the first place but it's not that bad if your used to a chunky 59 type shape neck which I'm used to on my Joe Perry Blackburst

I ignored the shite logo and hologram as I'm more interested in how in sounds and feels.

The tuners I did have a problem with in auto mode. Damn thing took forever to tune and then decided to go back and knock the top e string right out of tune, at which point I threw my toys out of the pram and hung it back on the rack and walked away.

The G-force would have to be looked Into in more detail with a proper read of the manual. Then if it's still glitchy after that then the tuners would have to go.

With that said I wouldn't pay full price for one but at the discounted prices im now very interested in a trad or a classic.

Though looking at DV247 the trads seem to be sold out
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    LP less plus now £699 on Coda. Several colours on offer.
  • Think the US 
    Will dump all their stock on Black Friday and Cyber monday.

Still erring on one of these bargains
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2590
    The LP Less Plus is really tempting actually. Replace the toggle switch with a standard pot and get some covered humbuckers and you should have a cracking guitar.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Also, it's funny how man maths works with guitars.

Looking at the £699 price tag, my man maths kicks in and says "that's basically £600", when really it's actually £700.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 461
    Is there a harder wearing nut replacement for 2015 Gibsons?
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Must be pretty desperate to clear the stuff. I´d be very curious to know how much of the cost of what is essentially a Gibson corporate fuck up ends up with dealers. The robot stuff would not put me off a guitar if I liked everything else about it, but the fugly headstock writing was just dumb. 
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited November 2015
    Those Less Plus at £699 are now a crazy bargain. Having played one, this really is Gibson's attempt at a PRS where the only mistake they made is pitching it too cheap.

AA+ or better top, better name and £1.5-£2k price tag and genuine marketing effort would have had more interested rather than dismissing a one of those its cheap so must be rubbish.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited November 2015
    strtdv;867980" said:
    The LP Less Plus is really tempting actually. Replace the toggle switch with a standard pot and get some covered humbuckers and you should have a cracking guitar.
    Not quite as simple as putting a pot in as the whole harness is one large pcb

Easier to just change all the pots out and rewire which would still be cheap enough to do.
  • Really loving my Traditional.  The neck is VERY fat, even without the extra 2015 width it'd be a very fat neck but I find it really comfortable.  

I'm nowhere near an expert but I think it came really badly setup.  Usually I'm not all that fussy and play them as they come but I found this borderline unplayable out of the box.  The bridge was sky high and I think the truss rod was way off (I read a guide that suggested capoing at the first fred, holding down at the last fret and then being able to slide a 0.012(?) feeler gauge under the 8th fret..  Couldn't slide anything under the 8th fret.  Like the neck was bending over backwards a bit), I've had a go and it plays beautifully now and I'm sure if I took it to someone who knows what they're doing it'd play even better.

strtdv;867980" said:
    Not quite as simple as putting a pot in as the whole harness is one large pcb

Easier to just change all the pots out and rewire which would still be cheap enough to do.
    I was aware of that, but still not a big or expensive job. You're probably better off removing the PCB harness anyway.
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    edited November 2015

Yellow LP Junior will be an Amazon 'Cyber Deal' tomorrow just after 2pm

As the current price is £499 I doubt it will be offered for silly money, but worth keeping an eye on.

If you want one make sure you're a Prime member as they get a 30 min head start over non-Prime members.