Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson 2015 deals (again)

What's Hot

Comments

• There's a double cut special in yellow on there for £401 right now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Joe_Totale;871655" said:
    Got a LPM from Amazon  Marketplace delivered this evening, £377 Guitar and case mint with all tags booklets, charger cable and plug etc.

Carton had a bit of tape damage, other than that...... perfect :)

Now to break the news to the wife ;(
    Wow how did you get that price. Cheapest I could find was £574?
    On Monday there were 2 Trans Black LPM's in-stock on Amazon Marketplace (from Amazon themselves), description was damage to top of box - so they were reduced to £420, At the moment there also seems to be an extra 10% discount applied when you go to check-out - so another £42 deducted and free delivery!
    The damage turned out to be a bit of packaging tape damage to the outer Gibson cardboard packaging carton and not the guitar case itself ;)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    It's doesn't seem surprising Amazon aren't profitable
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    strtdv;871638" said:
    I've just had an unexpected windfall (HMRC gave me a substantial tax rebate), so I'm seriously considering one of the Less Plus' now..
    I bought one from Coda for 699
    Tell you what .. Nothing wrong with it for that price
    These 2015 Les Pauls have been cheap cheap cheap but then I've bought more new guitars this month than I ever have in my life!
    Ps support Coda rather than DV247 If all else is equal
    For a start you'll get it quicker and Coda at least participate in the forum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular;871866" said:
    [quote="strtdv;871638"]I've just had an unexpected windfall (HMRC gave me a substantial tax rebate), so I'm seriously considering one of the Less Plus' now..
    I bought one from Coda for 699
    Tell you what .. Nothing wrong with it for that price
    These 2015 Les Pauls have been cheap cheap cheap but then I've bought more new guitars this month than I ever have in my life![/quote]

Happy NGD buddy :)

What colour did you go for? I like the desert burst
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Joe_Totale;871655" said:
    Got a LPM from Amazon  Marketplace delivered this evening, £377 Guitar and case mint with all tags booklets, charger cable and plug etc.

Carton had a bit of tape damage, other than that...... perfect :)

Now to break the news to the wife ;(
    Wow how did you get that price. Cheapest I could find was £574?
    On Monday there were 2 Trans Black LPM's in-stock on Amazon Marketplace (from Amazon themselves), description was damage to top of box - so they were reduced to £420, At the moment there also seems to be an extra 10% discount applied when you go to check-out - so another £42 deducted and free delivery!
    The damage turned out to be a bit of packaging tape damage to the outer Gibson cardboard packaging carton and not the guitar case itself ;)
    Deal just got even better: I didn't find any keys for the flightcase (presumably it should have a couple???), so sent an email to Amazon,  got this reply:

[quote]

I'm sorry to hear that you've received the item in missing conditions, we didn't expect this to happen.

From your e-mail, I do understand your concern regarding the missing item.

I see that you placed order #xxxxxxxxxxxx with Warehouse Deals. Warehouse Deals is a trading name of Amazon EU Sarl.

Based on the condition in which the Gibson LPM15BLSN1 LPM Electric Guitar - Trans Ebony  arrived, we'd like to offer you a refund of 25% of the purchase price of the item, or GBP 94.95 if you're interested in keeping it. If this is acceptable, please let us know by replying to this e-mail and we'll do everything we can to help. You can also reach us by chat or phone from this link: [/quote]

1reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    Brand new LPM for £277?  :-O
  • minimoog said:
    Yep bargain, with case as well. Probably worked out cheaper than a Chinese copy!
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    T
    minimoog said:
    Yep bargain, with case as well. Probably worked out cheaper than a Chinese copy!
    Outrageous deal, well done. Out of interest as I'm tempted to pick up a 2015 LPM or similar how do you find the guitar (zero fret, wide neck etc)?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited November 2015
    Is it me or are Amazon mental? I ordered an item off them (£130 cost) and they now use Hermes for delivery, so the guy claimed he left it in my porch which he didn't as I was home at the time, and had no not been home the porch would have been locked.

Anyway explain this to Amazon and they send out a replacement, which I received a few days later. Today they send me an email to say they apologise for the lost item and have sent out another, so check my account and sure enough they've sent another replacement free of charge.

On topic I think this week will be.my last chance of a junior at a good discount, they seem to be selling well with the discount to, so if anyone spots a deal let me know.
  • Joe_TotaleJoe_Totale Frets: 14
    edited November 2015
    Hi eSully
    "Out of interest as I'm tempted to pick up a 2015 LPM or similar how do you find the guitar (zero fret, wide neck etc)? "

Well its a fair weight, but my Epi Korean LP feels heavier, as for the neck and my small hands.....the neck is certainly hefty and the extra width might cause a few painful stretches!   I have a normal practice of about 30 songs in standard tuning,  I will have a run through tomorrow...might have to swap guitars (see below) for any little finger boogie stretches :(

My most played guitar is an old Hohner Professional L75 LP copy, only cost me about £70 and I love it!
    I bought an  ibanez rg470 mol a few years back and just cant get on with it, very thin flat wide neck. hardly touched it.

ps I used to be a member on the old Music Radar Forums, any old ex-members around?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar village have 2014 and 2015 Lpm in all colours for £399. I'd say be quick.

They also have a tobacco sunburst 2015 trad for £899 - top is nowhere near as nice as yours @redrighthand so no worries :-)
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Guitar village have 2014 and 2015 Lpm in all colours for £399. I'd say be quick.

They also have a tobacco sunburst 2015 trad for £899 - top is nowhere near as nice as yours @redrighthand so no worries :-)
    Ex-demo on in cherry for £379. I'm having a VERY hard time keeping my credit card in my wallet.
  • I bought a Classic from DV247 Monday but the finance has been 'under review' since then and the guitar has now been sold to someone else :/ so frustrating.
  • skikdi53skikdi53 Frets: 198
    I bought a Classic from DV247 Monday but the finance has been 'under review' since then and the guitar has now been sold to someone else :/ so frustrating.

Classic at same price here 

• skikdi53 said:

Thanks - but part of the frustrating part about it is the fact that I have applied for finance to get the guitar - therefore marking my credit record which is fine if I had the guitar. And then seeing all these other deals go by whilst I'm awaiting what could (but shouldn't be going on my credit rating) a no. 

Also - not keen on the heritage cherry or surf green which seem to be the colours left in the classic floating around - I ordered a fireburst.