Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    I am grinding my way through The Last Guardian.

Which is an excellent example of how not to implement a control scheme, particularly the camera controls. Slow, slow, slow pan... INSTANT 900-degree turn!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Just grabbed a 3DS today. "New" and "XL". It's great! Big sale in the eshop at the moment so have grabbed Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3 (yay nostalgia!), Sonic 2 (double yay!) and Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I've never played because my sister had a SNES and I had a Mega Drive. 

What else is good? Mario 3D Land and the other Zeldas, obviously. Has anyone else played the new Pokemons?
    How are you finding it? Are you using it much? 
    Am seriously considering getting the 2DS, as they can be bought new for £75 with either Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros.2
  • duotone said:
    Just grabbed a 3DS today. "New" and "XL". It's great! Big sale in the eshop at the moment so have grabbed Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3 (yay nostalgia!), Sonic 2 (double yay!) and Zelda: A Link to the Past, which I've never played because my sister had a SNES and I had a Mega Drive. 

What else is good? Mario 3D Land and the other Zeldas, obviously. Has anyone else played the new Pokemons?
    Am seriously considering getting the 2DS, as they can be bought new for £75 with either Mario Kart or New Super Mario Bros.2
    I have one spare if your'e interested, purchased 3 but my eldest lad does not use his, probably played it for 3 hours max..
    Fantasy Life is, in my view, an essential purchase for the 3DS. It's like jolly Skyrim.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27701
    duotone said:

I'm still loving it. I travel a lot with work, both in cars and planes, so it gets used quite a lot. Mario Kart has kept me sane through multiple flight delays, and I spent a lot of hours playing SNES-Zelda while sailing down the Nile on holiday a couple of weeks ago. I should've bought one years ago. 

I umm-ed and ah-ed whether to get the 2DS, 3DS or XL version, and I must say I'm glad I got the big one. Not sure if you're considering it but the bigger machine is definitely more comfortable than my old regular-DS over long periods.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    I have one spare if your'e interested, purchased 3 but my eldest lad does not use his, probably played it for 3 hours max..
    I'm still loving it. I travel a lot with work, both in cars and planes, so it gets used quite a lot. Mario Kart has kept me sane through multiple flight delays, and I spent a lot of hours playing SNES-Zelda while sailing down the Nile on holiday a couple of weeks ago. I should've bought one years ago. 

I umm-ed and ah-ed whether to get the 2DS, 3DS or XL version, and I must say I'm glad I got the big one. Not sure if you're considering it but the bigger machine is definitely more comfortable than my old regular-DS over long periods.
    Cheers chaps!

Am still umming and ahhing over how much use I would realistically get out of it tbh & at the same time watching various YouTube reviews on the various models!
    Rhythm Paradise is quite a good trainer for music stuff.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844

have just finished a bout of playig World Of Tanks. A gaming mate got me into it, and I occasionally have bouts of playing it. But it is easily the most frustrating game ever, the player base goes from window lickers who can barely find the W key, to the most toxic people imaginable (seriously, I've had death threats, threats to rape my wife, my mum etc from people playing the game). Seems the player base is largely eastern european teenagers, and some of them have serious anger management issues.

Coupled with the fact that war gaming (the developer) ae basically just interested in making as much money as possible in as short a time as possible so the game is degenerating into a pay to win model, makes it a frustrating game, but oh so addictiveif you let it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    duotone said:

I have a 2DS and a 3DS and I prefer the 2DS. The 3DS is too small for adult hands and games that require you to hold the shoulder buttons (like mario kart) give you cramp. Also the 3D effect is a gimmick and you will probably leave it turned off most of the time. The pick of the bunch is probably the 3DSXL, but it's so much more money that I'm not convinced it's worth the extra.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2952
    Playing lots of Guild Wars 2 at the moment. It's much more rewarding than real life.

Also Rimworld. Man I love that game so much.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24845

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Mass Effect Andromeda. It's technically flawed but there is a better game in there than a lot of reviews would have you think.
    edited March 2017
    Woo! Loved HD on PS3. 

I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. The tomb raiding bits were great but the story too ham-filled and final few hours way too shooter-y. I have no idea of the body count but it must be approaching 1000. I just want to run and jump and solve big mechanical puzzles with ropes and pulleys and rafts and explosives!
    I liked the two reboot Tomb Raider games.

Except for the relics, and the awful breathy nearly-in-tears descriptions of the crap Lara's just found in a hole.
    Sporky said:
    I liked the two reboot Tomb Raider games.

Except for the relics, and the awful breathy nearly-in-tears descriptions of the crap Lara's just found in a hole.
    Yeah, I enjoyed this one a lot until the last couple of hours. It just went all gears of war when it could've required (or at least permitted!) a bit more stealthy cleverness. Good overall though, and I only paid about 12 quid, so I'm hardly complaining! 

High hopes for the next one as the tomb bits in this one were really decent. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7714
    I am playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It is fantastic.

Also, has anyone dabbled with Kerbal Space Program ? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have finished The Last Guardian.

A decent story - not overly sentimental - almost ruined by the controls. The camera controls were particularly awful.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    I'm back on Fallout 4 - spent quite a bit of time on it over the weekend and decided to stop messing about with side quests and actually progress the main story line a bit.  I think I'm getting near the end of it now - I built the teleporter before I went to bed last night.
    I've started Horizon Lost Dawn.

Only an hour or two in but it's very good so far. The controls are spot-on.