Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hot Sauce Committee

What's Hot

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Lingham's Chilli sauce. Sweet and warm, just like me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Waitrose Chilli Oil
    Encona West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce
    Cool Chile Co Chipotle Ketchup -> here
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited December 2013
    http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server1000/f5214/products/319/images/1047/cholula-hot-sauce-with-wood-top-12-oz__58129.1275089494.1280.1280.jpg

Not very powerful but i could use it instead of (and in similar quantities to) ketchup.....yum.

Added this to my collection this morning (thnx to Tescos). You are right... not hot but v tasty. Reminded me of Tacobell sauce... good!

I've become quite enamoured with this sauce... not hot but tasty. Doesn't really taste like proper piripiri but very nice on a baguette.

And my favourite of the kebab style stuff is Cofresh. Very addictive but can lead to digestive problems! Yum.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• "Dragon's Blood" from Chilli Pepper Pete's shop in Brighton is really hot. About the same level as Dave's Insanity sauce but CPP has hotter: http://www.chillipepperpete.com/

It's too hot to realistically use as a dipper so I only use it as an ingredient.

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I'm also a hot sauce addict. I'm colonising the fridge with lots of red and green bottles...

+1 for Mr Vikki's. The Queen Naga is a tiny pot of hellish goodness. Put a quarter of a teaspoon at a time in a pot of chilli that's not quite up to snuff. Also try The Chilli Jam Man. Bit of a misnomer as they're not really jams, but they are lovely.
  • Lingham's Chilli sauce. Sweet and warm, just like me.
    +1. I like stuff a bit hotter too - one of the culinary secrets of Cumbria is how much hot sauce is made locally, for some reason - but too much heat gets a bit pointless if you're after flavour.
    Use Your Brian
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    DeeTee said:
    I'm also a hot sauce addict. I'm colonising the fridge with lots of red and green bottles...

+1 for Mr Vikki's. The Queen Naga is a tiny pot of hellish goodness. Put a quarter of a teaspoon at a time in a pot of chilli that's not quite up to snuff. Also try The Chilli Jam Man. Bit of a misnomer as they're not really jams, but they are lovely.
    Got some of his stuff at York Christmas fair last year, very nice. I like sweetness with my hot.
    My V key is broken
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Inferno ... the name says it all ...

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/inferno-sauce-p-390.html

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I was looking for a picture of Red Rooster Louisiana hot sauce that I got at Home Bargains, but found this delightful invitation...
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 381
    I make my own

:D
    Me too!

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Insanity sauce is a laugh! When I was about 12, some kid brought a bottle into school to dare people to try it. 
    Everyone bloody hated it, but I ended up winning £10 when he dared me to eat a load of it and not cry. Needless to say I won ;) 
    I always have a bottle of Franks Extra Hot lying about, goes rather well with chip shop chips :) 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited December 2013

I like Frank's on chips too (but not the "Wings" version). Very much enjoying the Cholula on chips also. Bought some of this yesterday too...

Not keen on the taste. Limey, which I thought i'd like (like lime pickle in a curry house maybe?... absolutely not) - and hot. All heat and no flavour.... I'll try again and report back.

I'm going to hit B&M tomorrow to pick up the recommended sauces...

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• My favourite three at the moment;

Manda African Style Chilli Sauce extra hot (if you like scotch bonnet, tomato and basil)
    Xtra Hot Reggae Reggae Sauce (like the original with scotch bonnet taste and more heat)
    Morrisons Habanero sauce (smells and tastes like raw habanero)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11537
    I bought this one recently.  Nice heat but not stupidly hot - you can dribble it on the plate, with habanero sweetness, and readily available in supermarkets.

http://produit.bienmanger.com/14061-0w300h300__Heinz_Heinz_Fiery_Sweet_Yellow_Habanero_Hot_Sauce.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ooh, yeah - that's my number four ATM. Mainstream ones can be a bit meh but that the yellow Heinz one is surprisingly hot and tasty. I love putting some of that on big fat chippy chips.

What do y'all do with the sauces? This week, I are mostly eating...

• Manda's - anything with rice and vegetables, or on pork sausages
    • Xtra Hot Reggae Reggae - bacon buttie (buttered bread) and a cup of tea.
    • Morrison's Habanero - spread a spoonful on the top bun of a Big Mac to liven it up a bit.
  • Ooh, yeah - that's my number four ATM. Mainstream ones can be a bit meh but that the yellow Heinz one is surprisingly hot and tasty. I love putting some of that on big fat chippy chips.

What do y'all do with the sauces? This week, I are mostly eating...

• Manda's - anything with rice and vegetables, or on pork sausages
    • Xtra Hot Reggae Reggae - bacon buttie (buttered bread) and a cup of tea.
    • Morrison's Habanero - spread a spoonful on the top bun of a Big Mac to liven it up a bit.
    You take your own hot sauce to McDonalds? Haha, that's ace.
    Use Your Brian
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    yellow Heinz gets a vote from me and also the Maggi chilli and garlic is a firm favourite in the household. I put it on everything, well not everything but I'm a messy eater so it does get about a bit
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Inspired by the kebab thread... What's your favourite hot sauce?

I'm an addict, I've got a collection of sauces in my work fridge. I like a good power sauce that you only need 1/2 drops of... but I also love a good kebab style sauce (cofresh, noels etc.).

What are your recommendations?

I wonder, is your user name inspired somewhat by the "morning after" a quantity of hot sauce is consumed?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    We have a bottle of this at work. I put a tiny drip on my daily bowl of couscous. A slight slip of the wrist and you're in serious trouble:

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I like heat, but my body can't handle it, so I feel like a lady. Why is there a link between masculinity and spicy things?
    My V key is broken