Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hot Sauce Committee

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
    edited December 2013

We have Blair's Ultra Death Sauce at work - it was an unwanted secret santa gift so stayed in the kitchen.  It's ridiculous....the tiniest drop in a cupasoup renders it almost inedible.  (even more than a cupasoup usually is).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • do we all agree that Tobasco is a bit shite?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    We can't even agree how to spell it!
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use jazz spellings

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Tabasco is shite. It’s too thin and watery for my liking. The chipotle version was better, but it’s way too acidic.

• Bucket said:
    Inspired by the kebab thread... What's your favourite hot sauce?

I'm an addict, I've got a collection of sauces in my work fridge. I like a good power sauce that you only need 1/2 drops of... but I also love a good kebab style sauce (cofresh, noels etc.).

What are your recommendations?

I wonder, is your user name inspired somewhat by the "morning after" a quantity of hot sauce is consumed?

He he... it should be! Mudslide comes from the title of the first Zep bootleg I ever got "Canada Mudslide". It's a bit of a junior "Blueberry Hill" with a cracking version of "Thankyou".

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• do we all agree that Tobasco is a bit shite?
    I know not many people like it, but I love the green one. And the chipotle one... so they're not all bad.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I like Tabasco. It's good on oysters and as an ingredient in a dish. You wouldn't use it to baste your chicken wings though.
    Use Your Brian
  • I always liked Trees Can't Dance flaming lips hot chilli sauce and their milder green chilli too, but I think they closed down a few months ago.

I really like the Encona hot pepper sauce on chicken but I think the thing I use the most is simply tabasco, on fried eggs for breakfast. Even better with a bit of Reggae Reggae.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I like Tabasco. It's good on oysters and as an ingredient in a dish. You wouldn't use it to baste your chicken wings though.
    It's good in steak slices! In scotland, Greggs do a Special spicy steak slice thing with tabasco, and it's lush!
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Col_Decker;108550" said:
    do we all agree that Tobasco is a bit shite?
    IMHO Tabasco livens up an omelette or fried eggs, if you've got no other sauce to go with a fry up. I found Chipotle Tabasco made everything taste like smoke if used as a sauce, but a little dribble in a chilli makes it yummier.
    You take your own hot sauce to McDonalds? Haha, that's ace.

That's nothing - some people take their own bleedin' sandwiches!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Well, I've just had the yummiest sauce I've ever tasted. It's called Heinz 'Firecracker'. If you haven't yet tried it, do.
    I'm off to clear the shelves of it. It's 99p in Mozza's at the moment. I had it on a bacon sarnie and it was luscious:

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    Deadman said:
    Well, I've just had the yummiest sauce I've ever tasted. It's called Heinz 'Firecracker'. If you haven't yet tried it, do.
    I'm off to clear the shelves of it. It's 99p in Mozza's at the moment. I had it on a bacon sarnie and it was luscious:

Cheers, will have a look for it next time I'm shopping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited January 2014
    Had to revive this thread to win it. My brother got me a bottle of this stuff for Chrimbo which I just splashed into my stir fry:

http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/shop/images/product_images/webbhut.jpg

It's 1,000,000 scorchios and right now I cannot talk. Or breathe. Tomorrow morning I shall be whistling Johhny Cash's greatest hits out my arsehole.

It is a bit hot.
    All practice and no theory
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 381
    dafuzz said:
    Had to revive this thread to win it. My brother got me a bottle of this stuff for Chrimbo which I just splashed into my stir fry:

http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/shop/images/product_images/webbhut.jpg

It's 1,000,000 scorchios and right now I cannot talk. Or breathe. Tomorrow morning I shall be whistling Johhny Cash's greatest hits out my arsehole.

It is a bit hot.
    I was bought a bottle of exactly that by the Mrs this Christmas. Not trying to be macho, but I didn't think it was that bad. It's hot for sure, but not half as bad as I'd expected. I'll happily have a teaspoon full on a baked spud for example.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    We get through a lot of this:

+ 1, I'm a fan of this too.

Also got a selection of Wahaca sauces at Christmas which I'm enjoying currently.

I did try one called 100% Pain and it did exactly what it said on the tin, I felt it working through my entire system...

...although Ass Reaper sounds delightful! :-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    WYNIR0 said:
    I was bought a bottle of exactly that by the Mrs this Christmas. Not trying to be macho, but I didn't think it was that bad. It's hot for sure, but not half as bad as I'd expected. I'll happily have a teaspoon full on a baked spud for example.

Wowzers. A few drops was more than enough for me, I'm more used to the Encona stuff right there ^^^
    All practice and no theory
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    My local Tesco are selling this and it's crackin' stuff. I'm going through a bottle of it at the moment  :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    anything with vinegar in is pukey inducing for me, even the smell of 1 part per zillion is enough to make me wretch.  So all these sauces are out for me.

I make my own..............sometimes
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I'm with you there Bert. Hence I tend to stick to the sweeter ones like Linghams. Who have recently introduced a hotter version which I shall no doubt be forced to try.