Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hot Sauce Committee

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    We get through a lot of this:

me too... I have this in omelettes [that already have chopped red chillis in.. lol]

I also love jalapenos with me breaky

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server1000/f5214/products/319/images/1047/cholula-hot-sauce-with-wood-top-12-oz__58129.1275089494.1280.1280.jpg

Not very powerful but i could use it instead of (and in similar quantities to) ketchup.....yum.
    Just had Cholula on my chips... it was good enough to resurrect this thread. :)

What's your favourite hot sauce?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Went to Ford's Boathouse for a few beers and eats yesterday, I tried a pineapple chilli sauce, their own brand. Never had anything like it before, it was yummy, and I'll shall have to see if I can get a bottle to take home. Recommended for the sweet chilli sauce lovers, as opposed to the hot chilli sauce.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12461
    Daves Gourmet Ghost Pepper sauce is serious stuff, we've had a bottle in the fridge for 3 years, don't need more than a few drops

A good everyday sauce is the Encona Extra hot, hot but still flavoursome

I probably have too much chilli sauce to be honest
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Went to a food festival last weekend and watched a chilli eating competition which was duly hilarious. Not really sporting a favourite chilli sauce at the moment although have some nice jerk sauce from the West Indian section at big Tesco. Reggae Reggae is such a poor imitation, I just don't get the love for it at all.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    edited September 2014
    I found this. Some of the sauces we've mentioned are listed in the big boys area ie up top: http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/scoville_scale.asp

Some of the Blair's 16 million is the one to have. Limited to 999 bottles and 250 quid each! Sold out too....
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I have Frank's Red Hot every day at one point or another. Not especially hot, but very tasty.

I make a salsa dip that'll blow your balls off. I have to have a salbutamol pump to hand when I make it as it makes me wheeze. Not for every day use, though.
    edited September 2014
    RobDavies said:

We have Blair's Ultra Death Sauce at work - it was an unwanted secret santa gift so stayed in the kitchen.  It's ridiculous....the tiniest drop in a cupasoup renders it almost inedible.  (even more than a cupasoup usually is).

I have to have some of this, Rob. I thought Mad Dog 357 was bad. Respect, Sir:
    http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=345

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Cholula Chipotle - mmmm. Maybe I should move to Mexico. Not hot but tasty.

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Anyone tried making their own?

I blended up a load of scotch bonnet peppers, some dried dorset naga's with some oil, salt and vinegar and the resultant mush took the top of my head off. Tasty though

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Waitrose's 'Shittin Blood' is pretty good. 
    Arf! - They'd call it sanguis posterior. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Spicy food is a rare treat for me with chronic gastritis :(

I couldn't manage most of these sauces.
    My V key is broken
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1217
    edited October 2014
    I'm not mad on these flamethrower-hot sauces. I also get some kind of IBS thing so I try to go easy on anything too spicy.
    A recent discovery has been this:

Sriracha sauce - I buy this one very cheaply in the Tesco world foods isle. Hot enough for a bit of zing but very tasty due to the garlic. What's great for the sensitive of stomach is that being a bit less hot than the likes of Encona sauces you can add a reasonable amount without it getting critical if there are a few drops more. In fact, it's almost like a ketchup on steroids (and MSG).

Another +1 for the Maggi too. That's another milder one with a great taste.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    edited October 2014
    Deadman said:
    RobDavies said:

We have Blair's Ultra Death Sauce at work - it was an unwanted secret santa gift so stayed in the kitchen.  It's ridiculous....the tiniest drop in a cupasoup renders it almost inedible.  (even more than a cupasoup usually is).

I've just been Googling, and apparently, according to this page;- http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale/ Blair's do a limited edition "16 Million Reserve" - which is... wait for it.....  TWENTY TIMES hotter than their 'Ultra Death' sauce.

A Habanero / Scotch Bonnet chilli is between 100,000 and 350,000 on the Scoville scale.  Have a wild stab at what their "16 Million Reserve" is.

I think that must be like eating Alien blood.....

Imagine shitting that out....
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I just bought some reduced scotch bonnets to put in a chilli and harvest the seeds from. My anus won't know what's hit it.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Deadman said:
    RobDavies said:

I've just been Googling, and apparently, according to this page;- http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale/ Blair's do a limited edition "16 Million Reserve" - which is... wait for it.....  TWENTY TIMES hotter than their 'Ultra Death' sauce.

A Habanero / Scotch Bonnet chilli is between 100,000 and 350,000 on the Scoville scale.  Have a wild stab at what their "16 Million Reserve" is.

I think that must be like eating Alien blood.....

Imagine shitting that out....
    The one I mentioned a few posts back, Emp?
    ;)