The BBQ Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• I was looking at the 3 Webers in the garden today thinking I need a plan as we are pretty much a meat free family now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was looking at the 3 Webers in the garden today thinking I need a plan as we are pretty much a meat free family now.
    If you get rid of one drop me a message! Want one to have a go at turning it into a pizza oven! 
    If you get rid of one drop me a message! Want one to have a go at turning it into a pizza oven! 
    That's exactly why I got another.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    Lit ours up yesterday. Always enjoy a BBQ.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    That's exactly why I got another.
    Hahahha! Have you made any progress? 
  • Missed out on a Weber Master Touch for £50 by about thirty minutes. :angry: 
  • Modded my Weber so I don’t need to crouch down to adjust the daisy wheels. 
    Hopefully put me off buying a master touch for a while. :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/LDcEBK3

• DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I’d like some wide, flat skewers kofta kebabs, remember seeing Rick Stein use some in turkey and they looked awesome. 

Pulled pork again today. Juicier than my first effort but bless bark. I’m thinking it’s partly due to when I wrapped it - bit late last time, bit early this time. 

Also thinking of adding some handles to my daisy wheels to make adjustments easier. 

For better results try Brining your joint for 24 hours before
    Kosher salt (ironic with pork but it's iodine free) 
    cheap Apple Juice instead of water for the brine 
    leave a few crushed cloves of garlic and some black peppercorns in there too while it Brines
  • Ordered a Weber Master Touch last night. Not cheap and not much stock about, but thought may as well get a decent one. 
    I used the funds from selling a Chase Bliss Mood.......changing priorities!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24275
    Ordered a Weber Master Touch last night. Not cheap and not much stock about, but thought may as well get a decent one. 
    I used the funds from selling a Chase Bliss Mood.......changing priorities!
    good choice!

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Pork shoulder going in the smoker tomorrow morning, 2Kg, usually takes around 7-8 hours.  Friday night BBQ is back on!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My 6kg brisket will arrive tomorrow.

I think I'm going to try a Hot and Fast. Not done that method before but I can't be arsed to tend the fire all night.

So I'll put it on at about 7am on Saturday and take it from there. Might be ready for lunch, maybe for dinner. Don't mind either way.
    I've never done brisket, can't face the duration/fire tending.  Pork shoulder for pulled port buns, or baby back ribs are much easier to deal with.
    Brisket is not forgiving. Easy to get wrong but amazing when it's right.

I have been awake for 20 hours in the past looking after it - wish I could afford a Yoder Pellet smoker for that but they can cost more than my car!

So I'll try the Hot and Fast and see what happens. And even a ruined brisket can be the best chilli con carne you've ever had.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    I only tried brisket once (on a Weber kettle) and it was a total fail, I didn’t do my homework first so didn’t trim it properly in advance and ended up with loads of awful, unrendered fat and the meat was tough. Ended up grinding the meat up and using it for chilli, which was alright.

I’ve just bought a Traeger so will have another go at some point. Got a pork butt planned for this weekend though.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Slightly off topic, I saw a pizza oven that fits on top of a BBQ yesterday, I think it was about £70 and looked to be similar to the Ooni type standalone jobs, pizza stone inside, but it sat on the grill, with the BBQ burners or coals providing the heat.

Brisket has arrived

This is going to be fantastic!

Will go on the smoker early tomorrow morning with T&G's cow rub.
    Looks good.  My pork shoulder has had an hour and a half so far.  Dry rub and hickory smoke.  Making some buns now.  
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    Brisket has arrived

This is going to be fantastic!

Will go on the smoker early tomorrow morning with T&G's cow rub.
    How did it turn out?