Euro 2016 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    UnclePsychosis;1114846" said:
    Not understanding this Hart love. He's a decent keeper but no better than that.
    He's England's best 'keeper, that's all he needs to be.

He's better than decent too IMO.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    Teetonetal;1114785" said:
    When was the last time a major tournament had this much trouble from various sets of fans?
    The Croatian supporters have some kind of major problem with their FA. There has apparently been rumours for weeks that an element of the support was planning something purely to get the FA fined. Looks like they'll succeed.

I seem to remember that the Croatian FA did seem totally shit but I don't remember why.
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 477
    This Spain - Turkey game has had some beautiful passages of play. Such a shame then to have it sullied by Tony Pulis on commentary.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    I'm also always intrigued how an FA can be accountable for fan behaviour?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    jpttaylor said:
    This Spain - Turkey game has had some beautiful passages of play. Such a shame then to have it sullied by Tony Pulis on commentary.
    do you get the feeling that Spain only gave us glimpses of what they are capable of..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    edited June 2016
    Teetonetal;1114902" said:
    I'm also always intrigued how an FA can be accountable for fan behaviour?
    Each association issues tickets to its fans so it is responsible for the behavior of those same fans.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rocker;1114960" said:
    [quote="Teetonetal;1114902"]I'm also always intrigued how an FA can be accountable for fan behaviour?
    Each association issues tickets to its fans so it is responsible for the behavior of those same fans. [/quote]

Aye, they will be working with police and taking passports off known trouble makers to stop them travelling.

Anybody caught wrongdoing this time around will be identified and banned too.

There's nothing they can do to stop ramdom twats acting the cock as we've seen.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3129
    jpttaylor;1114900" said:

Such a shame then to have it sullied by Tony Pulis on commentary.
    I thought he sounded quite progressive and modern compared to the football he dishes out. Maybe if he had some better players we'd see a different side to him. I hope so because I've renewed my WBA season ticket :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I'm not a Hart fan at all, I'm just saying that he's better than most of the other England keepers I've seen in my lifetime. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    There was a time when I thought Chris Kirkland was going to be the next England keeper, when he moved (from Coventry?) to Liverpool.  But then he got some kind of injury and hardly got a game.

Robert Green used to be pretty good, too, until, he had his crisis of confidence.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    axisus;1115158" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

I'm not a Hart fan at all, I'm just saying that he's better than most of the other England keepers I've seen in my lifetime. 
    There are better keepers in the squad even. It's like the old Ringo Starr quote.
    ennspek said:
    axisus;1115158" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

There are better keepers in the squad even. It's like the old Ringo Starr quote.

Go on.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Rocker;1114960" said:
    [quote="Teetonetal;1114902"]I'm also always intrigued how an FA can be accountable for fan behaviour?
    Each association issues tickets to its fans so it is responsible for the behavior of those same fans. [/quote]

But how can that even work? It's like asking ticket master to be responsible for concert goers etc? Or do you have to be vetted by the fa first? Seems to me that stadia should be resonsible for adequate security, segregation etc...

• RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    edited June 2016
    Ireland -v- Belgium were awful today, no cohesion and especially no energy.  Belgium are not much of a team either but two gifts from James McCarthy presented them with two goals on a plate.  Even I would have scored at least one of them.  Strangely none of the six substitutes used actually did anything of note.  Kevin DeBruyne played very poorly as he did -v- Italy, Hazard offered little.  A good team like Germany, Spain, France or England would take them apart.  The big disappointment for me and thousands of Irish fans, was the complete absence of Irish fight - that desire to get each ball and the desire to let the opposition know that they were in a real football match.  None, nada, nothing.

I did not hold out much hope for Ireland in this group.  We must win -v- Italy, a very big ask and hope other results go our way.  In other words, going home on Thursday.

Edit: No complaints from us about the refereeing, the pitch or the facilities.  We were simply smashed aside in the second half by a rampant Belgium side .
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Agree
    Rocker;1115808" said:
    ...A good team like Germany, Spain, France or England would take them apart.. .
    Spain and Germany are one level higher that the other two IMHO
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3846
    Rocker said:
    Ireland -v- Belgium were awful today, no cohesion and especially no energy.  Belgium are not much of a team
    Ranked 2nd in the world in FIFA rankings.

After today's emphatic win they may just get going.......
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    A bad day at the office for The World's Greatest Footballer tm
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367

Nitefly said:
    A bad day at the office for The World's Greatest Footballer tm
    Dunno, equalling Batistuta's Argentinian goalscoring record and being 3-0 up after 60 minutes in the Copa America quarter finals seems pretty decent to me ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Ronaldo.  hahaha
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16658
    edited June 2016
    Watched the Ireland hi lights - wow, not really playing the same game as Belgium. Watched the second half of the Portugal game - wis given to @nitefly , that missed penalty has been the most exciting moment of the competition so far, the goalie pretty much moved out the way and he still missed the goal.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.