Euro 2016 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    lloyd said:
    English, not British, let's get it right-no incidents involving N.I or Welsh fans.
    They all look the same to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    octatonic;1107724" said:
    lloyd said:

English, not British, let's get it right-no incidents involving N.I or Welsh fans.

They all look the same to me.
    Bloody racist!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    LOL.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Shame for NI - they never looked to settle and struggled to maintain any possession.  Did well to keep the margin to one goal, IMO.
    Polands finishing helped keep the scoreline down. Big ask to get a result against Poland, they're a decent team and NI in all fairness have been overachieving with this group of players IMO. They've got a nightmare group too, getting out was gonna be nigh on impossible and it's just got tougher.

and Australia came 2nd.

Shit, wrong Euro.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    I don't see how you can ban a team for the behaviour of people over whom they have no control and over whom they could never exercise control.

By that same token, if the French police are found to have acted in a heavy-handed manner should the French team be turfed out of the tournament?
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Good performance by Polish team - Irish were tad slow on the ball and were lacking the finishing touch - they did have one fantastice opportunity but blew it.

3pts for Poland - now it's time to see what are Germans made of this year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    I don't see how you can ban a team for the behaviour of people over whom they have no control and over whom they could never exercise control.

By that same token, if the French police are found to have acted in a heavy-handed manner should the French team be turfed out of the tournament?

Teams aren't going to get banned, that's for sure. It's a threat. Club games have seen games being played in empty or partially filled stadiums. Don't think the sentence about the policing is comparable to be honest though.

Good performance by Polish team - Irish were tad slow on the ball and were lacking the finishing touch - they did have one fantastice opportunity but blew it.

I couldn't argue with any of that, @BigBearKris - and they're off!

Do you mind if i ask what's your connection to Poland?
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Nitefly;1107909" said:
    BigBearKris said:

I couldn't argue with any of that, @BigBearKris - and they're off!

Do you mind if i ask what's your connection to Poland?
    Sure :) I'm Polish, although UK resident for years now.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    edited June 2016
    I remember going to the last ever Cup Winners Cup Final, and of course watching a LOT of United in '99 (at the pub mostly). My wife funnily lost a lot of interest in football after we were married though. She is pretty happy now though after the Polish win!
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    That Schweinsteiger looks like just the kind of player United need.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    German efficiency tonight, how do they do it so consistently?

• RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Ireland -v- Sweden tomorrow. A nil all draw is very likely but you never know. Keane, Walters or Long only need the smallest sniff of a chance. Come on you Boys in Green....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited June 2016
    Today I cheered on Poland, tomorrow I cheer on Sweden.

Normally I'd support any of the home nations so long as they aren't playing England.

But people's attitudes from the rest of UK has made me change my mind and I hope they all become Scotland.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    I get very annoyed that the telly coverage includes so much incoherently poor use of the English language by studio panellists. Thankfully, they have some pundits from continental Europe whose spoken English is much, much better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2085
    Ballix

Going to have to do it the hard way now. Draw with Ukraine and then beat Germany. 

I reckon Wales could go furthest now. Some good performances the other day.

Sure :) I'm Polish, although UK resident for years now.

Cool - in your shoes, I'd support Poland too 
    :)
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6288
    I didn't think Engtland were that good at all tbh. Yes, they had a lot of the ball and yes, some good movment. But.....

Russia were CRAP. A half decent side would have looked good against a very poor Russian peformance.

On balance I think England were very disappointing - because they didn't take their chances. Their finishing was poor. As for Sterling, what's the point of him being n the team? He is symptomatic of what is wrong with our English players: paid big money to be in a team full of many nationalities, short on games and short on craft and confidence. He's not playing enough during a season.

It was such a disappointing game. I thouoght we overplayed a lot of the time - too much fannying around in possession, instead of just going for it.

Gut feel, I think we will beat Wales though. Its Slovakia where we could slip up, as in draw. Its agains these sorts of teams that we always seem to struggle, in tournaments.

On that peformance, which is probably too early to call really, I think we will struggle against a good attacking team.

Hopefully the Engalnd players will have learned form the Russia game, and will really go for it now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom