Euro 2016 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    holnrew said:
    Hungary are hungry. No name teams seem to come together to more than the sum of their parts.

They played well, didn't they.  Arnautovic looked distraught at the end...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Great respect of the Iceland anthem so far, I'm sure portugals will get the same.

Why is it that a few countries boo and whistle them?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ísland have the most passionate fans i've seen so far.
    My V key is broken
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Wow - I wish I'd had a tenner on that!  You're right, @holnrew - they certainly made a difference.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Fair play Iceland! Some goal they scored
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Was chuffed for Iceland.
    Ronaldo's face at the end said it all.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Pretty embarrassing for Scotland that they can't qualify for Euros when Iceland can.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Ronaldo was an @rsehole at the end of the game: he ignored the Iceland players and left the pitch quick.  Bad sportsman.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    holnrew;1110623" said:
    Ísland have the most passionate fans i've seen so far.
    I must say that Poland is always there too. Check out Thursday game v Germany - it'll be deafening loud I'm sure.
    Nitefly;1110648" said:
    Wow - I wish I'd had a tenner on that!  You're right, @holnrew - they certainly made a difference.
    Purely out of ignorance and so to say 'safe bet' I had ten quid on Portugal. Of course they blew it, but I'm quite happy - not a fan of CR7 and well chuffed for Iceland.
    I love underdogs.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    edited June 2016
    Ro_S said:
    Pretty embarrassing for Scotland that they can't qualify for Euros when Iceland can.

Speaking as a Scot, I'm not remotely embarrassed by Iceland's success. They're a decent team.
    I'm absolutely furious that dross like Northern Ireland, Wales, and Ireland are there ahead of us though. Kyle bloody Lafferty ffs. Raging.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm absolutely furious that dross like ...Wales
    AAHHEEMMMM
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13367
    joeyowen;1110752" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

I'm absolutely furious that dross like ...WalesAAHHEEMMMM
    Wales *are* dross. Being marginally better than Scotland doesn't mean you're any good.

joeyowen;1110752" said:
    UnclePsychosis said:

I'm absolutely furious that dross like ...WalesAAHHEEMMMM
    Wales *are* dross. Being marginally better than Scotland doesn't mean you're any good.

And better than Slovakia you know!
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Ro_S;1110689" said:
    Scotland?

What about Holland?

Also - With performance like tonight's Iceland well deserved it!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/14/cristiano-ronaldo-in-astonishing-attack-on-iceland-as-minnows-ma/

No surprise he's a sore loser. 

"I thought they'd won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end, it was unbelievable. When they don't try to play and just defend, defend, defend this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition."

Of course they're gonna be happy, they're an island of not much more than 300k people! Terrible attitude. He should be reflecting on his own mistakes.
    My V key is broken
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16659
    holnrew said:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/14/cristiano-ronaldo-in-astonishing-attack-on-iceland-as-minnows-ma/

"I thought they'd won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end, it was unbelievable. When they don't try to play and just defend, defend, defend this in my opinion shows a small mentality and they are not going to do anything in the competition."

Of course they're gonna be happy, they're an island of not much more than 300k people! Terrible attitude. He should be reflecting on his own mistakes.

yes, smallest national population of any country in the competition ( then NI) and currently doing as well as Russia who have the largest. Plus they sell cheap packets of Cornettos...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    holnrew said:

The guy's a fucknig areshole, Mourinho was the same when smaller teams with much less budgets come and park the bus.

What do they want the other teams to do? Defend high up the pitch and attack with abandon? let the bigger teams win?

Putting 10 men behind the ball is as much a legitimate tactic as any other.

The piece on Icelandic football before the match was great, think they said that if you're Icelandic you have a 1 in 2000 chance of playing for the national team!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    The Polish fans are now on the rampage in Nice, following the English / Russian skirmishes in Marseille.

100 cars have been valeted and waxed, 50 boilers repaired and 5 walls built with awful pointing.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    edited June 2016
    holnrew said:

I wouldn't even say Iceland parked the bus. Sure, they were defensive but that was to be expected and they had some chances of their own. Ronaldo should be more concerned about how his team were average and couldn't break Iceland down and his own, lets be honest, average (at best) performance. He's shown complete disrespect to another team there and proved again what a petulant arse he can be.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    On the plus side, I thought his hair looked magnificent.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom