Man-bag required.

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I don't think they are effeminate.
    But you'd never see Humphrey Bogart wearing one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    edited June 2016
    Iamnobody said:

There are other options to use for carrying stuff, holdall, briefcase, ruck sack, 5p carrier bag etc.
    Rucksack fair enough, but the others have insufficient compartmentalisation for the professional gentleman/cunt around town.

Though I feel I should check what you mean by "man-bag". Does the aforementioned Eastpak count?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    octatonic said:
    I don't think they are effeminate.
    But you'd never see Humphrey Bogart wearing one.
    Nor riding a KTM!
    He would ride a Triumph.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
    Odd. I'm a fan of the man bag, whereas I think grown men with rucksacks when they aren't hillwalking is a cunty look.
    Red ones are better. 
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I have one, it's a Czech army motorcycle courier bag, small but capable and waterproof. I need to use it more actually. I also have a Converse messenger bag which is much more capacious but not quite as cool. https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41TPvLPOzYL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    @sporky but the professional cunt around town managed for decades without the requirement of a wee over the shoulder 'stuff' receptacle.

I just told the Mrs I was thinking of getting one. Her reaction included laughter, head shaking and muttering something about it not being me at all.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    Odd. I'm a fan of the man bag, whereas I think grown men with rucksacks when they aren't hillwalking is a cunty look.
    I was a bit the same and personally hated rucksacks until I got a motorbike, now it just makes sense to use one.

manbags, none better than a Billingham Hadley large/pro IMO.. take the camera inserts out and use it happily as a manbag.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Iamnobody said:
    @sporky the professional cunt around town
    LOL!

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    I'm standing firm on the Shorts idea as I been informed that you have lovely legs :-D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    How about one of these??

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    I have a bag thing, courier bag I guess, I use for work. Previously I had a cheap, small rucksack and I thought it looked a bit childish. But if you are carrying much more than a few pens the rucksack wins.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I have a little Eastpak 'The One'.  Fits card and coin wallets, glasses, phone and iPod Classic as well as other crap useful stuff no problem.

I have a Billingham Hadley I've considered using but it's a bit big for what I really need.  Great bit of kit though.
    Iamnobody said:
    @sporky but the professional cunt around town managed for decades without the requirement of a wee over the shoulder 'stuff' receptacle.
    He also managed with typhoid, rickets and polio!
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    Mrs B bought me a Barbour waxed cotton man bag a while back and it's wearing quite nicely. Recommended.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    edited June 2016
    I have several, some canvas (including a Billingham as Strum posted), some leather, some are technically camera bags and get used as that when needed. None are cunty. I travel loads and the last thing you want *anywhere* is a rucksack as they take ages to get anything out of them and in cities mark you out as a tourist and/or idiot. 

That goes double for anyone who's ever worn a rucksack on public transport.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
    I have several, some canvas (including a Billingham as Strum posted), some leather, some are technically camera bags and get used as that when needed. None are cunty. I travel loads and the last thing you want *anywhere* is a rucksack as they take ages to get anything out of them and in cities mark you out as a tourist and/or idiot. 

That goes double for anyone who's ever worn a rucksack on public transport.
    Indeed - people who wear rucksacks on rush-hour tubes are among the most hate-able folk there are.  
    Red ones are better. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1373
    I use a Fossil one (Blue canvas / Brown leather trim). It's got a zipped pocket for extra security, which is big enough for a full sized wallet. Two other pockets with stud closures for phone, and keys when I've no jacket. I also need to carry extra specs, a diary, and inhalers. There's an outer pocket that I keep a couple of reusable shopping bags in ( I live on my own, so I've always got bags for food shopping). I just need to pick it up and go without having to think too much about whether I've got everything I need.
  • chillidoggy;78032" said:
    So......wallet in my trousers pocket, but then I have a phone, loose change, and a case for my specs or sunglasses, and keys.

Not wearing a jacket in the summer, I have come to the conclusion that it's going to be a problem, and have therefore decided I need a man-bag. And I'm thinking the messenger style with a shoulder strap would do the trick. This year our holiday incorporates a week in Key West, which might be interesting with me carrying one, but I guess I shall have to grin and bear it.

Anyone use one? What d'you reckon, leather or fabric? Black or brown?
    What do I reckon?! You're the oldest hipster in town, that's what I reckon.
This discussion has been closed.