Man-bag required.

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsql said:
    Wow.. this thread is like a mix between Vogue and mumsnet. You bunch of ladyboys  ;)
    @EqualSql, more like angry mumsnet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Now look here: You lot are wandering off the path!

I want a smallish bag with a shoulder strap that saves me putting stuff in non-existent pockets, not a fucking great suitcase or a backpack. I'm thinking 200 x 200 x 75 (8" x 8" x 3") in old money, that kind of size.

Just so we're clear, I'm really not bothered whether I look like a twat, I've long since past caring, so as long as it's not fluffy pink or silver. And, whilst I know there's some here who call me a cunt, there's no need for it to carry tampons, or moisturiser.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6271
    I have had a Barbour waxed cotton messenger bag, been round the world with it, hard to beat IMO. Waterproof, tough, not too big, pockets, compartment for laptop, its a sort opf dark green, and above all it is nice and old school British.

tumi make good stuff, nothing really made better, but its expensive. Some of it is a bit poncy though.

Buy right buy once and all that.

Shorts with tons of pockets - I hate em. Shorts (again IMO) should be above knee, simple efforts, like an above the knee chino. No fuss, no nonsenses, timelessly cool. If you are young and with it, why not sport a little turn up on the shorts too?

The worst thing shorts wise are those totally square below the knee cargo shorts. Gimp kecks. If you want to wear Capri pants, wear em.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Personally, @chilldoggy, I think that you're delightful.

Actually, you should moisturise, and if you're going to The Keys you may want some with UV protection. Also with Florida's crime rate some may suggest that a tampon can be used to treat gunshot wounds - this is a myth. In other words, good choice on binning off the tampons.

Doesn't your good lady have something suitable? Have you asked her for advice? At the risk of sounding sexist, would she not have a bit more experience in the field of accessories?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    IMO nothing says "middle aged man that's past caring" like a Rocha Jon Rocha canvas messenger bag.

Mine's used daily for the last 4 years...
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    Personally, @chilldoggy, I think that you're delightful.

Actually, you should moisturise, and if you're going to The Keys you may want some with UV protection. Also with Florida's crime rate some may suggest that a tampon can be used to treat gunshot wounds - this is a myth. In other words, good choice on binning off the tampons.

Doesn't your good lady have something suitable? Have you asked her for advice? At the risk of sounding sexist, would she not have a bit more experience in the field of accessories?

Cunt.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FX_Munkee said:
    IMO nothing says "middle aged man that's past caring" like a Rocha Jon Rocha canvas messenger bag.

Like this one? Looks like it fits the bill to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rjr-John-Rocha-Mens-Khaki-Washed-Canvas-Utility-Bag-From-Debenhams-/282016582210?hash=item41a97f8a42:g:p8IAAOSw~oFXHdVK

• SporkySporky Frets: 29170
    Get a Doog bag. Then all the twits who would otherwise think you're gay or effeminate (how awful!) will be too scared that you'll throw a dog poop bag at them. :)

Or they'll just assume you've lost your dog.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    edited June 2016
    FX_Munkee said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rjr-John-Rocha-Mens-Khaki-Washed-Canvas-Utility-Bag-From-Debenhams-/282016582210?hash=item41a97f8a42:g:p8IAAOSw~oFXHdVK

Pretty similar, mine's probably a tiny bit bigger. Like this one:-
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_083010642895_-1

Main "middle aged man who doesn't care anymore" points:-
    it's £35
    it's got no branding
    you can fit stuff in it
    it hasn't fallen apart yet
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    Sporky said:
    Get a Doog bag. Then all the twits who would otherwise think you're gay or effeminate (how awful!) will be too scared that you'll throw a dog poop bag at them. :)

Or they'll just assume you've lost your dog.

Are you real? The missus will never walk down the same street as me if I'm carrying a dogshit bag!

On second thoughts...........

• Personally, @chilldoggy, I think that you're delightful.

Cunt.

Now that's a bit uncalled for.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29170
    Are you real? The missus will never walk down the same street as me if I'm carrying a dogshit bag!
    You're not meant to put the poop bags back in...  :|
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Personally, @chilldoggy, I think that you're delightful.

Cunt.

Now that's a bit uncalled for.

;)

FX_Munkee said:
    FX_Munkee said:

Pretty similar, mine's probably a tiny bit bigger. Like this one:-
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_083010642895_-1

Main "middle aged man who doesn't care anymore" points:-
    it's £35
    it's got no branding
    you can fit stuff in it
    it hasn't fallen apart yet

That one's a bit too big for what I want, but it's on the right track. It's cheap enough, durable, and doesn't scream at you. I'll swing by Debenhams on the way home to see if they've got one of the smaller ones in stock.

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Tacky Macky's generally have quite a few in stock, reasonably priced.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

A couple more contenders -

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_083010640060_-1

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_083010425495_-1

And there's shedloads more on the site. Looks like there's going to be some company time wasting this afternoon.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6939
    £10.20 here if you insist on this nonsense! ;)

https://m.zalando.co.uk/pier-one-across-body-bag-olive-brown-pi952ha13-n11.html

There's even a photo of it in action to show you how much of a cunt you will look.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    But can you buy one in the UK?
This discussion has been closed.