It's turning nasty now

What's Hot

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Drew_fx said:
    I got told to go home when I was in Tokyo a few years back.

Not racist as only white people can be racist. FACT.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    edited June 2016
    Drew_fx said:
    Its a horrible feeling, isn't it? I got told to "fuck off back to jockland" in some pub in Chester. Might not have been out and out racist but it certainly wasn't nice at all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Drew_fx said:
    Its a horrible feeling, isn't it? I got told to "fuck off back to jockland" in some pub in Chester. Might not have been out and out racist but it certainly wasn't nice at all. 
    Yeah I bet they knew you though ;)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    At least you weren't Welsh. They'd have chased you away with a longbow!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    I don't think anyone is claiming racism was created by the referendum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I went to uni in Bangor, and I'm from Rhyl so I was hattteeeddd

But non of that compared to the hate my best friend got, being from Pakistan, with a bright pink mohawk.  Didn't matter if it was a night out, or the middle of town on a saturday.

Racists are vile vile people, and they are even worse when they smug bastards too.  I'd be more happy kicking them off these isles.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7430
    littlegreenman;1127347" said:
    quarky said:

Again, the insinuation that leave voters are racist. *rolls eyes*

Not all Leave voters are racist, but it's a good bet all racists were Leave voters.
    Pretty much this. Reasons I've been given for voting out are "well there was a Polish man threatening people with a knife in the town centre the other day so I'm voting to get them all out", and an old lady that remembered all the different varieties of apples that she could buy in the days before the EU, but now she can only get Golden Delicious.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    DefaultM said:
    Pretty much this. Reasons I've been given for voting out are "well there was a Polish man threatening people with a knife in the town centre the other day so I'm voting to get them all out", and an old lady that remembered all the different varieties of apples that she could buy in the days before the EU, but now she can only get Golden Delicious.
    Golden Delicious really are shite bland apples though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Red ones are better than green ones though...oh shit, shouldnt say things like that.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_fx said:
    That's because you were being a naughty Drew

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    mike_l said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Nope. Actually I was on the street with my Japanese wife and one of my Greek Cypriot bezziez, waiting for his Japanese girly friend.

And this fucking nutter comes up and shouts "go home at me" and when my wife got angry and told him to fuck off (in Japanese) he walked off chuckling and said "you're gonna die around here"

Obviously I was flummoxed because I didn't fucking understand what was going on.

Fuck racists. They're ALL DICKHEADS.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Drew_fx said:
    mike_l said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Nope. Actually I was on the street with my Japanese wife and one of my Greek Cypriot bezziez, waiting for his Japanese girly friend.

And this fucking nutter comes up and shouts "go home at me" and when my wife got angry and told him to fuck off (in Japanese) he walked off chuckling and said "you're gonna die around here"

Obviously I was flummoxed because I didn't fucking understand what was going on.

Fuck racists. They're ALL DICKHEADS.
    Japanese racists are the worst.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited June 2016
    octatonic;1127604" said:
    Drew_fx said:

Japanese racists are the worst.
    British racists are the best, everyone knows the British are the best at everything.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    But they suck at quote trimming.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    octatonic;1127613" said:
    But they suck at quote trimming.
    I blame the Americans cos it's so too fiddly on a iPhone.
  • I had my quote trimmed recently, it looks very nice indeed.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
    edited June 2016
    WezV said:
    No, but the victory for the likes of Farage will be seen as a green light for all the racists who have kept their hatred hidden that it's safe now to start spouting their vitriol.  THAT'S the biggest danger in all of this - not the EU or the financials, but the removal of the societal shackles that have kept these maggots quiet for so long.

Now is the time to be hyper-vigilant for a rise in far right nationalism.  There are a lot of them about.  Picture the scene in Ghostbusters where the City inspector demands the containment field be switched off....

Without wishing to sound alarmist, there are a lot of lessons from 1930's Germany that we don't seem to have learned.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    A drunk girl in a pub in Scotland was coming on to me, then when she heard my voice she said "fuck off you English cunt"
    Another time during a fight on a train with Man U supporters I was being held down whilst another guy punched me in the face shouting "You Russian bastard" That was confusing. I wasnt up for a fight BTW I just happened to be with some mates who were city fans and it kicked off. 

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16967
    Emp_Fab;1127671" said:
    WezV said:

No, but the victory for the likes of Farage will be seen as a green light for all the racists who have kept their hatred hidden that it's safe now to start spouting their vitriol.  THAT'S the biggest danger in all of this - not the EU or the financials, but the removal of the societal shackles that have kept these maggots quiet for so long.

Now is the time to be hyper-vigilant for a rise in far right nationalism.  There are a lot of them about.  Picture the scene in Ghostbusters where the City inspector demands the containment field be switched off....

Without wishing to sound alarmist, there are a lot of lessons from 1930's Germany that we don't seem to have learned.
    I agree completely. There seems to be a lot of people giving examples of pre brexit racism which downplays the affect brexit has already had.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Emp_Fab said:

Be careful, I made that connection and it either flew over their head, or was dismissed outright.