The British Isles Is Awesome Thread

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Clarky;1143889" said:
    The British Police force

ok.. so not exactly perfect, when you look at many others around the world and how they be have..our lot are not so bad after all 
    I'd echo that. I was with a French bloke I know last summer in London, not sure of the way to find the lunch venue. I suggested we ask a policeman and my friend looked at me like I was mad. As it happened, the copper was no help, but he was very friendly.
    our fellas are a lot more friendly than the Guardia Civil..
    the can be proper heavy handed
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Slade.

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 574
    The pubs, real ale, formula 1 teams, boxing champs, our armed forces. And pubs again because...
  • Limehouse_BluesLimehouse_Blues Frets: 1160
    edited July 2016
    Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis under ice and snow, a crisp dawn at the base of Cyfrwy arete on Cadair Idris, cold hands on rock and rope, a pint at Wasdale after climbing Great Gable, crossing the black Cuillin on Skye. The Dingle peninsula and the Reeks. Slieve Donard and the bus ride back to Belfast. Hill walking and mountaineering takes me to the most beautiful parts of these islands. We're lucky to have all this on our doorstep.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14021
    British bands, Beatles, Stones, Zep, The Who, Sex Pistols, Clash, The Jam....and countless others

Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis under ice and snow, a crisp dawn at the base of Cyfrwy arete on Cadair Idris, cold hands on rock and rope, a pint at Wasdale after climbing Great Gable, crossing the black Cuillin on Skye. The Dingle peninsula and the Reeks. Slieve Donard and the bus ride back to Belfast. Hill walking and mountaineering takes me to the most beautiful parts of these islands. We're lucky to have all this on our doorstep.
    I can't say that I do any of that sort of thing..
    but when I was in the 6th form, I filled some empty slots in my timetable with O Level Geology
    which included a week in Snowdonia, a lot of walking between geological features of interest etc..
    spectacular place.. and so glad I did this..
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5228
    Clarky said:
    "You made Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Venom, Motorhead, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, The Smiths, The Cure, The Damned, The Jam, The Police, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, Jarvis Cocker, David Bowie, Queen, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Supertramp, The Chemical Brothers, and The Prodigy; And if you're watching The X Factor after a resume like that, I'm just telling you, you are a bit of a bastard."

Not me - Steve Hughes

Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, ELO
    ...and how the fuck Venom deserve to be on that list I swear I have no idea.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• a crisp dawn at the base of Cyfrwy arete on Cadair Idris, cold hands on rock and rope, a pint at Wasdale after climbing Great Gable, crossing the black Cuillin on Skye. The Dingle peninsula and the Reeks.  
    That could almost have been an opening line from Lord of the Rings or game of thrones :) Total agreement about the amazing countryside we live in, got tranquil (but cold) unspoilt beaches and great countryside/hillwalking on our doorstep here in Aberdeen, and I always enjoy my trips home to the valleys in Wales.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3135
    Dogging.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    stood on the bank of the Thames today between London Bridge and Tower Bridge
    HMS Belfast in front of me with the Tower of London behind
    to my right Tower Bridge with the Canary Wharf skyscrapers in the distance
    to my left the skyscrapers in the City [Gherkin, Walky Talky, Heron etc]
    and behind me The Shard

I was born walking distance from here…
    my god how it's changed..
    and I think it's so fkn cool..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sat in the park the other day..
    really hot.. like 34C or more, watching the red kites spiralling up on the thermals..
    one of them flew over me and could have been much more than 20 feet up..
    awesome..