Cheers muchly, feckless Brexiters!

What's Hot
fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
My wife has just been told that this is probably the last Spanish course anybody in the IPO will need for the foreseeable future, as there won't be anybody applying for any lucrative jobs in the EU patent office with all this uncertainty around.

Feckless, feckless, feckless. Utterly feckless.
Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
My feedback thread is here.
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    I'm sorry for your wife's job, but it's altogether possible that people voted to leave for other reasons.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • Another narrow minded post from a remain voter no doubt
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Lol. I guess we all voted for selfish reasons in some way or another.

I wasn't blaming Leave voters for consciously shagging my life, but it is being shagged and it is due to the Leave vote.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    My wife has just been told that this is probably the last Spanish course anybody in the IPO will need for the foreseeable future, as there won't be anybody applying for any lucrative jobs in the EU patent office with all this uncertainty around.

The brexit will have many negative impact, many positive impacts and many impacts that some might consider to be positive and some might consider to be negative. Brexiters have chosen, on balance, that the positives, for them, outweigh the negatives - and they might well be right. The fact that one of the negatives happens to hit your wife harder than others might be the brexiters' responsibility but it doesn't make them "feckless".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    As long as important national decisions are made purely on the basis of your wife's job I'm sure everything will be ok.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Feckless because I don't know of any Leaver who voted with more than about 1% of available information or foresight.

My wife's "friend" (may be a short-lived friendship) voted Leave because she "wants her country back" (??? who has got your country?) and because she's frustrated that her husband can't work more than 45 hours per week.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27093
    edited July 2016

The brexit will have many negative impact, many positive impacts and many impacts that some might consider to be positive and some might consider to be negative. Brexiters have chosen, on balance, that the positives, for them, outweigh the negatives - and they might well be right. The fact that one of the negatives happens to hit your wife harder than others might be the brexiters' responsibility but it doesn't make them "feckless".

Has it occurred to you that he's only talking about the feckless ones?

17 million people...odds are that description applies to quite a few people...for example, the ones who voted purely based on soundbites and/or xenophobia.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12116
    Feckless because I don't know of any Leaver who voted with more than about 1% of available information or foresight.

you must have missed the massive threads discussing it in detail in SC then - quite a few on here voted leave after massive amounts of research
    tbh, I've found no difference in the level of knowledge between remainers and leavers, most remainers have a very superficial concept of what the EU is
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Swings and roundabouts. Don't shout too loud anywhere near a builder or plumber. They've been shafted by migrants.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Well, using the usual accurate sampling methods used by statisticians, 100% are feckless. However I know that can't be the case, I think it's quite high though. I know people who voted Leave, fully expecting the demographic of their town to change radically. I know someone who voted Leave because his wife blindly voted Remain, so they would cancel each other out.

But yes I acknowledge that some voted Leave with a clear view of what this would mean for the future well-being of this country and its population as a whole.
    edited July 2016

Has it occurred to you that he's only talking about the feckless ones?

17 million people...odds are that description applies to quite a few people...for example, the ones who voted purely based on soundbites and/or xenophobia.

Ah. No, I didn't consider that.

Shame on you feckless brexiters for voting how you did. If only there had been more feckless bremainers.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited July 2016
    fields5069 said:

Sorry about your wife but what I don't get is why people like you don't go round to Call me Dave's house and burn it down. He called the referendum, he ran a bad campaign - in short he dragged defeat from the jaws of victory. From where you're sitting Big Dave is more to blame than the people who voted Brexit.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    fields5069 said:

Sorry about your wife but what I don't get is why people like you don't go round to Call me Dave's house and burn it down. He called the referendum, he ran a bad campaign - in short he dragged defeat from the jaws of victory. From where you're sitting Big Dave is more to blame than the people who voted Brexit.
    I never said he wasn't, I agree completely, he is the most feckless for sure.

In a sense I can see that the referendum itself served a purpose, very successfully, of dividing the nation. People are used to being shat on by legislation brought in by Parliament, less used to being shat on by people they used to talk to in the pub.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    This possibly says more about your circle of friends.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    Fretwired said: Sorry about your wife but what I don't get is why people like you don't go round to Call me Dave's house and burn it down. He called the referendum, he ran a bad campaign - in short he dragged defeat from the jaws of victory. From where you're sitting Big Dave is more to blame than the people who voted Brexit.
    I don't think it was that easy. It was never a sure-fire victory, not with so much anti-EU feeling there in people mixing with copious amount of media stimulation to boot. There was never a point where I thought Remain would win. The reasons for voting Remain were much narrower than reasons to vote Leave for instance. For example you'd have quite a few Remainers agree that the EU needed reform so could lean over into the Leave camp but you're not going to get many Leavers agreeing with some elements of EU policy. Remainers could find elements of the Leave argument that they'd agree with but it didn't really work the other way around.

In the end, Cameron leading Remain was no different to Ed Milliband in 2015: a shaky platform, a poorly delivered message, and trying to swim against the tide of public opinion.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    This possibly says more about your circle of friends.
    I never said they were friends. I have very few friends, these are the usual primary school parents who probably own 5 books between them.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Fretwired said:
    fields5069 said:

I find too many people either don't blame 'Dave', or forgive the narcissistic 'less than honest' spoon fed bullshitter.

Fretwired said:
    fields5069 said:

I remember reading a news article where a convicted burglar wrote to the family he had burgled absolving himself of responsibility because their security was shit.

Can't think what made that come to mind.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I'm really sorry that your wife has lost her job, I hope things improve ASAP for you.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Fretwired said: Sorry about your wife but what I don't get is why people like you don't go round to Call me Dave's house and burn it down. He called the referendum, he ran a bad campaign - in short he dragged defeat from the jaws of victory. From where you're sitting Big Dave is more to blame than the people who voted Brexit.
    I don't think it was that easy. It was never a sure-fire victory, not with so much anti-EU feeling there in people mixing with copious amount of media stimulation to boot. There was never a point where I thought Remain would win. The reasons for voting Remain were much narrower than reasons to vote Leave for instance. For example you'd have quite a few Remainers agree that the EU needed reform so could lean over into the Leave camp but you're not going to get many Leavers agreeing with some elements of EU policy. Remainers could find elements of the Leave argument that they'd agree with but it didn't really work the other way around.

In the end, Cameron leading Remain was no different to Ed Milliband in 2015: a shaky platform, a poorly delivered message, and trying to swim against the tide of public opinion.  

Dave's biggest mistake was saying he could get reform and a new deal in Brussels - had he done so and it stacked up I'd have voted remain. He came back with nothing, tried to dress it up as a great deal and failed. He then ran a negative campaign - that did it for me. I think all he had to do was push some of the positives - and remember at the beginning Remain were well ahead. The polls narrowed during the campaign and releasing the latest immigration stats wasn't the brightest move. The Guardian analysis is interesting. Boris and co were let off the hook time and time again in the debates.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!