The home built and partscaster appreciation thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SparksSparks Frets: 29
    Has anyone ever fit an AllParts Tele neck to a GuitarBuild Tele body? Should all fit nicely, right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Sparks said:
    Has anyone ever fit an AllParts Tele neck to a GuitarBuild Tele body? Should all fit nicely, right?
    Yes it should be fine
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 401
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Sparks said:
    Allparts neck heels have increased in width over the last year or so. You will have some fettling to do to the heel and or neck pocket to get it to fit. The necks now seem to be closer to Japanese width than before unfortunately

• My main 6 stringer these days.

USACG body - roasted swamp ash, hollow, tru oil finish
    USACG neck - roasted maple, abalone does, 1" C shape, hipshot open gear tuners, 6230 vintage styled frets
    Mastery Bridge
    CC pickups c90 neck, Harmonic Design vintage Broadcaster bridge

Absolute killer instrument
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Genuine question. Why are so many pictures of otherwise lovely guitars on this thread, ruined by the word 'photobucket' in huge letters right through the middle of the pics ? 
  • nacnudnainacnudnai Frets: 245

My main 6 stringer these days.

USACG neck - roasted maple, abalone does, 1" C shape, hipshot open gear tuners, 6230 vintage styled frets
    Mastery Bridge

I still really want to try a CC pickup in a Tele neck position - what's your view on it?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Kind of cheating since @Vintage-T did most of the hard work but I have made some changes. Here is the listing from when I bought it off him

I really like it when I got it so decided it was worth putting some time and money in

I had the neck reshaped and finished by @WezV who also laser engraved my band logo in the headstock. He's done an amazing job. He also aged some locking Gotoh tuners and moved the string tree for me. My local tech installed a tusq nut

I redid the electrics from scratch using my own wiring scheme:
    • DiMarzio Injector in the neck, Fast Track 1 in the middle, Fast Track 2 in the bridge
    • The first volume has been changed to a momentary killswitch
    • The tone control is now a passive high pass filter wired directly to the bridge pickup
    • Three way switch - Bridge, Middle + Neck in series out of phase, Neck only
    • Tone control is a push/pull to put the middle position in phase (jazzy)
    • The volume control is a push pull and disconncets the neck pickup from the middle position
    It's basically designed to be easy as possible to use while I'm singing. The main sounds I use are right there on the 3 way

I changed the saddles to modern style solid brass ones, and then added a .5˚ shim to get the saddles a little bit further off the body to help with palm muting

More pics hidden here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

Pink paisley Allparts licensed body
    Fender Mexican neck
    Fender CS Pure Vintage '64 pickups
    Sperzel locking tuners
    Bridge and other bits and pieces from Axesrus.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Oh my, where to start

Rosie
    All Rosewood Strat, body by Graham (GSP Basses) neck by WD
    Fat 50s at the neck and middle, BK Sinner at the bridge, locking tuner, second tone on the bridge, decked Wilky trem

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2023
     Mary
    Guitarbuild select one piece lightweight hardtail Swamp Ash Strat body routed for Tele neck, Mary Kaye White Blonde nitro paint by lamf68, WD all Rosewood neck with Steinberger tuners, cant rememver what neck and middle pickups  BK Sinner neck pickup at the bridge, very resonant..

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Eleven
    Body by GSP, left hand Squier neck, cant remember the pickups, custom scratchplate from GigInk

Snakehead Tele, body from ebay, recycled from a Meranti door, needed a lot of work, fat neck by Bill at Corvus, I made the scratchplate and control pate, Lil59 pickup

edited August 2023
    Stratele
    Guitarbuild body,  Mex Fender Strat neck, Creamery Tele size P9p pickups at bridge and neck, generic zTele neck pickup in the middle at some point Ill replace the half bridge with a full size Tele jobby

edited August 2023
    Melody
    MM style LP by GSP
    Iron Gear Blues Engine with the cover removed Les Trem, roller bridge, custom scratchplate, matte olive drab green, with a coat or two of TruOil

edited August 2023
    Tango
    Guitarbuild Swamp Ash Mustang body, Squier Bullet Mustang neck, custom scratchplate, lockers Modded Toranado bridge plate with Tele saddles

Dano Vinsaint

Body by Dan (Hell Horn) on the Offset forum, neck by Danelectro, 3 P90s, Modified Toronado bridge plate with Tele saddles

• nacnudnai said:

My main 6 stringer these days.

Mastery Bridge

I still really want to try a CC pickup in a Tele neck position - what's your view on it?
    If you mean a CC style pickup generally:
    They have a "thing" that you'll either love or hate. They're my favourite style of pickup, I'd gladly have one in every guitar I own. Sort of like a p90 but smoother and honkier, less aggressive. Almost a horn like attack to it, the thicker wire makes them clearer than you'd think too (check they use the right gauge wire, many are just a bladed p90 which is not a CC in my book)

Assuming you mean the brand CC pickups:
    It's the best CC style out there, and I've tried my fair share. It's a pig of a pickup to fit though, it's way wider than a lollar (which appears to have become the standard for CC's now). With others you can generally get away with 250k pots, but with these sound best with 500k (I need to add some stacked pots so each pickup sees the correct load, but I spend 99.9999% of time on the neck so haven't bothered yet)

Tom
    Delonge style Strat, Squier FSR Bullet body and bridge, Birdseye Maple neck from GSP, lockers, Posca headstock doodle, Invader style pickjp, cant remember the brand, removed the rusty relic pickup cover

Thing

Body by FatPete, Booboo paddle head neck, huge baseball bat profile, Tele half bridge, Blues Engine. Matte Olive Drab with a couple of coats of TruOil